Old 05-31-2014, 01:17 AM #1
cville33
GO BLUE!!!

cville33 supports Team VICIOUS
cville33 is an NCPA player
cville33 supports Empire
Question Azodin Zenith Regulator, Velocity Adjuster, & ZeRO System Settings

Q1) What are the recommended starting settings for the regulator, velocity adjuster, and ZeRO system? ---- Please answer in number of turns from flush for ZeRO system and vel. adj. , and number of turns from bottomed out for regulator.
A1) From my observations here is what I recommend to start... Regulator 4 turns out (counterclockwise) from soft bottom, velocity adjuster 1 turn in, ZeRO system 3 turns in. Adjust as necessary. More info below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzodinTech View Post
The settings you have for your Zenith are very close to the stock settings we recommend.

Zero System: 2 Turns in from Flush
Regulator: 3.75 turns out from soft bottom
RVA: 2 turns in from flush with the back

The settings can very a little bit as we do have different generations of Zero cup seals and the regulator's lower part has different lengths. The settings I have above are for the newest generation cup seals and rocksteady regulators. If you have a black adjustment screw on the regulator or if the lower half is short, the settings will be different.

-Ed
Q2) Also, what are the recommended ranges of adjustment for these? In other words has anyone found issues with having the regulator set at too high of a pressure or having the ZeRO system turned in too far?
A2) Regulator shouldn't be set below 3.5 turns out. Doing so will cause issues with velocity and/or bolt cycling consistency. Additionally, if running at low pressures (reg at 3.5 turns out or less), do not set the velocity adjuster in by more than 2 turns. Doing so will most likely cause the marker to fart.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Short backstory... I just purchased a used Azodin Zenith (1st gen, not a ZII) and I've been having some issues finding settings that allow the marker to perform consistently and at a high FPS. Also the manual has a few obvious errors (contradicts the blitz and ZII manuals) and the internet appears to disagree on some things, so I'm kind of lost on what is considered normal settings.

What I've observed so far with my marker:
Reg = regulator, V.A. = velocity adjuster, ZeRO = ZeRO system

Paint: Valken Graffiti sitting at about 80 degrees.
Starting Tank PSI: 2500
V.A. flush, ZeRO 3 turns in, Reg 4 turns out = velocity 220-250 fps
V.A. 1 turn in, ZeRO 3 turns in, Reg 4 turns out = velocity 260-270 fps
V.A. 1.5 turns in, ZeRO 3 turns in, Reg 4 turns out = velocity 270-280 fps
V.A. 1.5 turns in, ZeRO 3 turns in, Reg 4.5 turns out = velocity 305-320 fps
Tank PSI: 2200 PSI after about 100-150 shots.

At this point I had to switch paint types.
Paint: Empire Custom Blend sitting at about 70 degrees
V.A. 1.5 turns in, ZeRO 3 turns in, Reg 4.25 turns out = velocity 300-310 fps
V.A. 1.25 turns in, ZeRO 3 turns in, Reg 4.25 turns out = velocity 300-310 fps (more shots seemed to be in low 300's or high 290's compared to previous adjustment).

Update 6/1/14:
Paint: Empire Custom Blend
V.A. .75 turns in, ZeRO 2.5 turns in, Reg 4.25 turns out = valve stuck open (see below)
V.A. .75 turns in, ZeRO 3 turns in, Reg 4.25 turns out = velocity sitting comfortably in the 280's.

I attempted to turn the ZeRO a half turn back out (so to 2.5 turns in), but after about 3 shots the valve I believe got stuck open and I lost about 2500 PSI from my tank until it stopped at ~1500 PSI. I've had this happen before at this setting when first tinkering with this marker, so I guess for my particular marker 3 turns in for the ZeRO seems to be the best setting.

At all of the above settings my marker experienced no farting issues and the bolt cycled perfectly at PSP 12.5 and Semi 15, unless otherwise noted.

*All tests done with stock barrel, and at least 1500psi in tank. Marker also completely cleaned, all necessary o-rings re-greased or oiled, new energizer battery, & new OEM striker o-ring.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll update this post as I find out info and do some more tweaking with my marker.
University of Michigan Paintball Club - President 2013-15 #5
University of Michigan Mechanical Engineering Class of 2015
GO BLUE!
Michigan Paintball Club Ann Arbor
YouTube Channel- Gameplays, Shooting demos, etc.

Last edited by cville33 : 06-02-2014 at 11:06 PM.
cville33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2014, 05:40 AM #2
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The first setting you had. Zero .5 jn, reg at 4 turns out. You shouldn't even need a full 4 turns.

if it doesn't recock you have other issues. Not pressure.

check your striker. Namely oring and make sure the striker isn't coming unscrewed or loose.
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero
DP: Green G4...Green F8
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:47 PM #3
cville33
GO BLUE!!!

cville33 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownkaos View Post
The first setting you had. Zero .5 jn, reg at 4 turns out. You shouldn't even need a full 4 turns.

if it doesn't recock you have other issues. Not pressure.

check your striker. Namely oring and make sure the striker isn't coming unscrewed or loose.
See updated posting. I think my issue was basically I was careless and either miscounted or turned the reg the wrong direction at one point.

Did some more testing and actually wrote down what I was doing.
GO BLUE!
Old 05-31-2014, 09:17 PM #4
AzodinTech
Azodin Tech

AzodinTech works for a Paintball manufacturer
The settings you have for your Zenith are very close to the stock settings we recommend.

The settings can very a little bit as we do have different generations of Zero cup seals and the regulator's lower part has different lengths. The settings I have above are for the newest generation cup seals and rocksteady regulators. If you have a black adjustment screw on the regulator or if the lower half is short, the settings will be different.

-Ed
909-468-3600
AzodinTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:17 PM #5
cville33
GO BLUE!!!

cville33 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzodinTech View Post

-Ed
I do indeed have a black adjustment screw and I'm guessing an older generation cup seal. As I mentioned in my updated original post it, seems that with this combination the best setting for the Zero system is 3 turns in from flush. Anytime I tried to reduce the number of turns, my marker was left performing erratically. All signs point to the cup seal not fully closing, so it appears that the extra zero spring pressure is needed.
GO BLUE!
Old 06-03-2014, 02:52 AM #6
AZODIN

Annual Supporting Member
AZODIN works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cville33 View Post
I do indeed have a black adjustment screw and I'm guessing an older generation cup seal. As I mentioned in my updated original post it, seems that with this combination the best setting for the Zero system is 3 turns in from flush. Anytime I tried to reduce the number of turns, my marker was left performing erratically. All signs point to the cup seal not fully closing, so it appears that the extra zero spring pressure is needed.
The Zero spring may loose its tension after those years so you need to do 1 extra turn in with your Zenith.

Thank you,
Azodin Team