bettle
RIP Bills BackYard

bettle plays in the PSP
bettle plays in the APPA D4 division
yesterday was solid for sure.
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2014, 09:18 AM #23
DaRk_KaRNiE

I am from Chillicothe ohio and i have been stuck playing woods ball for the past 10 years of my paintball history and was interested in trying something new. i noticed your field was fairly close to me and that you offered the air-ball experience...i was wondering if this field was very newb friendly at all because i have heard that mostly pro level tournament players use this field religiously. I have "speedball game style" experience but only on spools and pipes etc if that is considered experience......i have never actually played on a air type field. i was wondering what i could expect if i were to show up at your field. Would i just pretty much be target practice for the tourney players or are there groups of rec ballers that come to play as well. i just dont want to spend a bunch of money and have a bad experience and be turned off to the air-style because I'm being shot up all day if you understand my concern. Also what time will you guys be setting up this sunday because i kinda want to walk the field before everyone starts playing because i've never played air ball before and would like to see what im getting myself into before being fed to the wolves

Last edited by DaRk_KaRNiE : 06-05-2014 at 09:20 AM.
DaRk_KaRNiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:21 AM #24
ROOSTER56
Garrett Strawser

ROOSTER56 plays in the PSP
ROOSTER56 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ROOSTER56 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk_KaRNiE View Post
I am from Chillicothe ohio and i have been stuck playing woods ball for the past 10 years of my paintball history and was interested in trying something new. i noticed your field was fairly close to me and that you offered the air-ball experience...i was wondering if this field was very newb friendly at all because i have heard that mostly pro level tournament players use this field religiously. I have "speedball game style" experience but only on spools and pipes etc if that is considered experience......i have never actually played on a air type field. i was wondering what i could expect if i were to show up at your field. Would i just pretty much be target practice for the tourney players or are there groups of rec ballers that come to play as well. i just dont want to spend a bunch of money and have a bad experience and be turned off to the air-style because I'm being shot up all day if you understand my concern. Also what time will you guys be setting up this sunday because i kinda want to walk the field before everyone starts playing because i've never played air ball before and would like to see what im getting myself into before being fed to the wolves
The field will be closed this weekend due to almost everyone that plays at xcape will be down in Louisville playing the MSXL.
XCAPE PAINTBALL
XCAPE PAINTBALL
ROOSTER56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:23 AM #25
vipershadow
Wade

vipershadow plays in the PSP
vipershadow owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
vipershadow has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
vipershadow supports DLX Technology
Woahh new threadddd

XCAPE Paintball
vipershadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:20 PM #26
JI TeamWorthless
Beer is good and stuff

JI TeamWorthless plays in the PSP
JI TeamWorthless owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JI TeamWorthless plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Your probably going to be pleasantly surprised by how new player friendly Xcape is. While there are a lot of tournament teams and players there, most of them don't take themselves overly serious.
Usually there are enough walk on players to field a couple of teams, you just gotta be kind of proactive and watch for people or groups that need another player.
If you introduce yourself to Eric (field owner) or Matt or Yasser (field reps and all around good guys) they will gladly help you get games in.
Since you have some experience on spool and hyperball fields you'll be alright, speedball is intense, if it wasn't you probably wouldn't want to play it.
My name is Jeff and I'm gonna try to make it out the next time the fields open and I'm going to be jumping on with walk ons myself, if you find me I'll help you out.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:28 PM #27
DaRk_KaRNiE

right on sounds great. my wife and i will be attending this sunday on the 14th if it is dry out.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:33 PM #28
DaRk_KaRNiE

Quote:
2014 PRICES
Xcape runs on a membership system so prices are a little unconventional. if you want

.a daily membership, paint is 40$ per case which includes your daily membership and all day air. if you want

.a seasonal membership there is a one time 50$ fee per season. then each time you play, paint is 32$ a case which includes all day air.

.if you want BYOP 10$ for daily members, and 5$ for seasonal members. paint grades vary between brown box up to 3star. it all just depends on the est deals Xcape can get that weekend from GI Sportz. also, Xcape is always accepting additional donations. so don't be shy with your wallet.
air 3000/4500
so like if i bring my own paint then i only pay 10$ to play? so like me and my wife would only pay 20 bucks to play all day. + the all day air passes? or how does this work. how much is all day air if you Byop?
Old 06-08-2014, 08:27 PM #29
paintballgeek
Working Cl*******

paintballgeek is a Supporting Member
paintballgeek is a founding member
paintballgeek plays in the APPA D3 division
paintballgeek supports DLX Technology
Quote:
so like if i bring my own paint then i only pay 10$ to play? so like me and my wife would only pay 20 bucks to play all day. + the all day air passes? or how does this work. how much is all day air if you Byop?
Correct, $20 would be entry/air for 2 with BYOP.

In other news, Xcape's D3 team brought home first place, and a big arse sword today from the MSXL.
Play at Xcape
old feedback +23/0
paintballgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:22 PM #30
Deal09

Deal09 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Deal09 plays in the APPA beginner division
We could really use that third place sword after what happened to us on saturday lol. Congrats to the D3 team.
Deal09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:55 AM #31
I feel purple

Congrats to the D3 team. You guys played your ***** off!
I feel purple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:49 AM #32
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by I feel purple View Post
Congrats to the D3 team. You guys played your ***** off!
Xcape paintball.
LockDown Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:23 PM #33
LAXbros32

LAXbros32 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LAXbros32 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LAXbros32 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Wish i could have gone but nice nob guys
Old 06-10-2014, 04:55 PM #34
shockerboy001
Yasser Hanbali

shockerboy001 plays in the PSP
shockerboy001 is an NCPA player
shockerboy001 plays in the APPA D3 division
shockerboy001 supports DLX Technology
thanks for all the support guys the field will be back up and running this sunday. we hope to see everyone out and enjoying the green grass and some good paintball fun.
XFT #70
shockerboy001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:59 PM #35
DaRk_KaRNiE

right on congrats guys. my wife and i will be attending this sunday. we have never experienced the air ball play yet...cant wait to give it a try..probably be nice to get out of the woods for a weekend. lol
Old 06-11-2014, 10:20 AM #36
clemm78

has been a member for 10 years
clemm78 is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
right on congrats guys. my wife and i will be attending this sunday. we have never experienced the air ball play yet...cant wait to give it a try..probably be nice to get out of the woods for a weekend. lol
I apologize now if anyone takes this the wrong way. If this is your first time or just wanting to get you feet wet into "Speedball" with your wife, Xcape probably isn't the place to do this at first. I know, people are going to be like "who is that guy." Xcape produces and has a high level of competition on Sundays, and I don't want to see yourself or the wife turned off or not play Speedball in the future. That is all.
clemm78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:57 PM #37
DaRk_KaRNiE

ah the person on the xcape fb page said there were all types different skill levels that attend from pro level to rec players.....i dont really care honestly i shoot out people at CFC with their 1000 dollar markers with my x7 lol. so im not really worried too much. ive played spools, mounds and hyperball sooooo only difference to me is the bunkers air up.....lol my wife on the other hand has only experienced the woodsball and urban cqb "speedball"
Old 06-11-2014, 02:35 PM #38
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemm78 View Post
I apologize now if anyone takes this the wrong way. If this is your first time or just wanting to get you feet wet into "Speedball" with your wife, Xcape probably isn't the place to do this at first. I know, people are going to be like "who is that guy." Xcape produces and has a high level of competition on Sundays, and I don't want to see yourself or the wife turned off or not play Speedball in the future. That is all.
No you're totally right, and I only hesitated posting because I also did not want to be "that guy" and I'm an Xcape regular haha.

Dark Karnie- play should start around 11-noonish with people obviously getting there earlier to set the field up. If you would like to see ahead of time what the layout will be, feel free to google the "PSP Chicago 2014" layout.
Xcape paintball.

Last edited by LockDown Zach : 06-11-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:57 PM #39
DaRk_KaRNiE

ah well if im going to be singled out and treated like i dont belong then this doesn't seem like the kind of atmosphere/environment i want to be apart of...IMO everyone should be welcome regardless of the their skill level...if this is one of these cliquey fields that shuns new players then i'll go spend my money elsewhere...
Old 06-11-2014, 03:19 PM #40
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

In no way, shape, or form are we attempting to single you out. We are simply trying to ensure that you understand that the majority of the players at Xcape are tournament players, which may affect the enjoyment of your trip down to the field if you aren't used to that.
Xcape paintball.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:29 PM #41
DaRk_KaRNiE

so one person tells me
Quote:
Usually there are enough walk on players to field a couple of teams, you just gotta be kind of proactive and watch for people or groups that need another player
another says
Quote:
Most do have some speedball experience but we have players that recreational skill level too. We do have several teams that show up but do have walk ons that you could mix with for play if you come by yourself.
one says first time experence friendly and another pretty much in a nutshell says dont come here cuz we dont know you... so many mixed opinions......dont really know of any other fields that offer BYOP option around my area that offer air ball.....and like i said before only difference to me between a spool field or hypurball field and airball is that the airball bunkers use a leaf blower to inflate the bunkers..lol

Last edited by DaRk_KaRNiE : 06-11-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:48 PM #42
jakesak
**** Magic

has been a member for 10 years
jakesak is playing at Living Legends VII
jakesak is reppin' sidebar 4 life
jakesak plays in the APPA D3 division
Dark-
We, Xcape regulars, are very welcoming. We love seeing new faces at the field. Our concern is, this weekend is the last weekend before PSP Chicago, so a lot of tournament teams will be showing up to practice. We would hate to see you end up on the other side of the field against one of these teams, and thus put a sour taste in your mouth in regards to speedball. Not that other teams are wanting to practice newer players, its just some aren't aware who is on the other side of the field.
My suggestion; come on out to the field. Hang out for half an hour to get a feel of it. Watch some tournament paintball. If you want to play, pay the entry and suit up. If you're turned off by it, no money spent and you got to check out a pretty cool field in central Ohio.
...I'm here for a good time.
jakesak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups