PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-30-2014, 10:14 AM #22
Steinman0406

Steinman0406 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Steinman0406 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Steinman0406 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Northside army and empire want to keep it for the 26-27. We already put our time in.
Steinman0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2014, 04:21 PM #23
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the PSP
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 donated to help Peyton Trent
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports our troops
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 plays in the APPA D2 division
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 supports DLX Technology
With our team who has booked tickets from Montana ($400-$600) changing the dates would make it impossible for us to come.
UNDRPRVLGD_V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:56 AM #24
LeslieIreland
PBRack Sales Rep/PDX VexX

LeslieIreland owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LeslieIreland owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Personally, PDX VexX is trying to play both WCPPL and PSP, so the extra week would make things a little easier to manage (one extra paycheck and it's not like it's going to be less hot a week later... We'd prefer the 19-20th. That would help PBRack as well (also doing both events), that is if Mike invites us back.

Official PBRack Slinger

Let me hook your team up with the latest gear. Flow pants, Jetpacks, Jerseys and swag!

leslie@pbrack.com

http://www.facebook.com/PDXVexX137
LeslieIreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:16 PM #25
adolbeare
Andrew

adolbeare plays in the PSP
adolbeare plays in the APPA D1 division
adolbeare has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Tension would like the 19th-20th
adolbeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:48 PM #26
efstyle
SAVAGE

efstyle owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Please don't change this. Northwest Momentum has already bought our plane tickets from Portland to San Diego for the 25-28.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:55 PM #27
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieIreland View Post
Personally, PDX VexX is trying to play both WCPPL and PSP, so the extra week would make things a little easier to manage (one extra paycheck and it's not like it's going to be less hot a week later... We'd prefer the 19-20th. That would help PBRack as well (also doing both events), that is if Mike invites us back.
While I agree with this, I don't. Dates have been established for a good minute and if you're going to play both series this didnt come as a surprise nor should the finances for such be a last minute ordeal. The proper planning for such should have been laid out prior to to allow and ensure such.

I know that everyone isn't well off on the check book but I seriously doubt anyone has players traveling farther than NWA. Which again has purchased their respective tickets from Montana, Wyoming, etc.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:00 AM #28
Bhreze
WCPPL D3X

Annual Supporting Member
Bhreze owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bushwackers D3...

No, the vast majority of our folks would NOT be able to change their already requested days off work.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:32 AM #29
Eguidio

Eguidio plays in the PSP
Eguidio owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Eguidio plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDRPRVLGD_V2 View Post
While I agree with this, I don't. Dates have been established for a good minute and if you're going to play both series this didnt come as a surprise nor should the finances for such be a last minute ordeal. The proper planning for such should have been laid out prior to to allow and ensure such.

I know that everyone isn't well off on the check book but I seriously doubt anyone has players traveling farther than NWA. Which again has purchased their respective tickets from Montana, Wyoming, etc.

For us it's more about being able to prepare for both events. If we want to play both with the original dates, that would mean we would only get one week to practice for PSP West Coast. For us west coast teams PSP WCO is one of our only opportunities to play at the National level without having to spend a crazy amount of money to do so. DMG votes to change the date.

DMG Brown 2013:

WCPPL 2013 Division 4 Series Champions
Eguidio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:12 PM #30
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eguidio View Post
For us it's more about being able to prepare for both events. If we want to play both with the original dates, that would mean we would only get one week to practice for PSP West Coast. For us west coast teams PSP WCO is one of our only opportunities to play at the National level without having to spend a crazy amount of money to do so. DMG votes to change the date.
You'll have approximately (3 weeks) to practice for the PSP event. On average the WCPPL puts out its layout the week prior (sometimes 2 weeks) which to me I like more because it doenst allow extensive field prep, and most of the time its a modified PSP layout so its not a whole new layout to start with.

However like I said before if you want it you'll make it happen. If the pros can do it, there should be no excuse in my books about why this would be any different, especially when the facility like yours have 5+ fields to use.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:14 PM #31
Eguidio

Eguidio plays in the PSP
Eguidio owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Eguidio plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
You'll have approximately (3 weeks) to practice for the PSP event. On average the WCPPL puts out its layout the week prior (sometimes 2 weeks) which to me I like more because it doenst allow extensive field prep, and most of the time its a modified PSP layout so its not a whole new layout to start with.

However like I said before if you want it you'll make it happen. If the pros can do it, there should be no excuse in my books about why this would be any different, especially when the facility like yours have 5+ fields to use.
Let me break it down for you, this year the PSP is releasing the layout 3 weeks prior to each event. This means that the PSP WCO (August 8-10) will be released 1 week before WCPPL Event #3 (currently scheduled for July 26-27), thus Mike will have to use a different layout (maybe a modified version of the Chicago layout). Since we will need be practicing the layout for the WCPPL prior to Event #3 and will need to compete in the tournament 2 weeks prior to PSP WC, we will be left with ONE weekend to practice the PSP WCO layout, not three.

DMG Brown 2013:

WCPPL 2013 Division 4 Series Champions
Eguidio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:08 PM #32
efstyle
SAVAGE

Quote:
Let me break it down for you, this year the PSP is releasing the layout 3 weeks prior to each event. This means that the PSP WCO (August 8-10) will be released 1 week before WCPPL Event #3 (currently scheduled for July 26-27), thus Mike will have to use a different layout (maybe a modified version of the Chicago layout). Since we will need be practicing the layout for the WCPPL prior to Event #3 and will need to compete in the tournament 2 weeks prior to PSP WC, we will be left with ONE weekend to practice the PSP WCO layout, not three.
Now, let me break it down for you... There are teams that have already paid money to make an event, an event in which dates were established months ago. You and everyone else playing both leagues knew that the events were going to be stacked like this, you had the schedules of the leagues that you and your team wanted to play. Myself and my team have put money up for flights, around $2k. I believe in a league for the players, i believe in what Mike is doing. I also believe that there are some things that shouldnt be left to the players, and changing dates that have been established months in advance, is one of them. No disrespect to Mike at all, and again, please do not change the dates.

Last edited by efstyle : 06-03-2014 at 02:11 PM.
efstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:53 PM #33
sstiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by efstyle View Post
Now, let me break it down for you... There are teams that have already paid money to make an event, an event in which dates were established months ago. You and everyone else playing both leagues knew that the events were going to be stacked like this, you had the schedules of the leagues that you and your team wanted to play. Myself and my team have put money up for flights, around $2k. I believe in a league for the players, i believe in what Mike is doing. I also believe that there are some things that shouldnt be left to the players, and changing dates that have been established months in advance, is one of them. No disrespect to Mike at all, and again, please do not change the dates.
sstiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:27 PM #34
LeslieIreland

Just curious, are people unaware that you can change plane tickets, especially this far in advance? That seems to be the biggest beef people are having with changing the dates. Just sayin'...

Official PBRack Slinger

Let me hook your team up with the latest gear. Flow pants, Jetpacks, Jerseys and swag!

leslie@pbrack.com

Old 06-03-2014, 04:39 PM #35
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Just curious, are people unaware that you can change plane tickets, especially this far in advance? That seems to be the biggest beef people are having with changing the dates. Just sayin'...
Just pay that awesome $100-150 change fee in most cases. You're 100% not a big deal.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:24 PM #36
LeslieIreland

Quote:
Just pay that awesome $100-150 change fee in most cases. You're 100% not a big deal.
As you well know, finances are always a big deal for our team. I get how it's not an issue for teams who aren't playing PSP, but for those who are the extra week definitely makes a difference beyond just finances. As some have mentioned, it may mean the difference in having to choose one or the other, which is not good for the sport, the leagues or the teams. The majority of WCPPL is made up of D4 teams and that is who needs to be sounding off about what works best for them. I wish we would hear more from those teams and not the same comments from the same handful of people.

Official PBRack Slinger

leslie@pbrack.com

Old 06-03-2014, 06:43 PM #37
efstyle
SAVAGE

Quote:
As you well know, finances are always a big deal for our team. I get how it's not an issue for teams who aren't playing PSP, but for those who are the extra week definitely makes a difference beyond just finances. As some have mentioned, it may mean the difference in having to choose one or the other, which is not good for the sport, the leagues or the teams. The majority of WCPPL is made up of D4 teams and that is who needs to be sounding off about what works best for them. I wish we would hear more from those teams and not the same comments from the same handful of people.
How has anything schedule wise changed? How did you not know that the events would fall like this? Why would you now have to choose instead of when the schedules were both released? Mike posted his schedule, in his own words, as late as he could, the psp then posted theirs. You've had both dates sitting in front of you since what? January I believe? Why is it now an issue two months before the events? Changing flights isn't the only issue, people have requested and been granted days off. All of our arrivals and departures have been planned around each other. How is this not an issue for my team, who isn't playing psp? Again my guys have put their cash up for flights, have yours? To either events?
Old 06-03-2014, 07:09 PM #38
LeslieIreland

As I said... would love to hear from someone other than the same couple of people over and over. Mike asked for teams to vote. Simple. If you read, I did not say WE would have to choose... I said other teams have expressed that concern. It's ironic that you guys are quick to "quote" and comment on everything I say in this thread, but you don't say a word to me on the field when I see you pretty much every weekend.... LOL. And for that matter, I don't even know WHO exactly you are since you'd rather use a screen name and not your real name... even in your signature. Gotta love the internet.

Official PBRack Slinger

leslie@pbrack.com

Old 06-03-2014, 07:14 PM #39
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by efstyle View Post
100% on point.

Quote:
Break yourself down and plan like a adult to make your passions happen. The schedules have been out for months and its not like it just magically happened. While practices are great and all you just have to grind harder and do your homework to have that fighting chance to winning. Im sure that its possible because NWA doesnt practice together and we have made the podium the last 3 times.

Quote:
I know all to well, I was stiffed with a bill that was not paid by a "team".

To cavate off my pervious post, these events have been out for several months, if you hadn't planned the needed travel and finances to make this happen then you're already behind the curve which should have been done months ago and not respectively last minute.

The ones that are "sounding off" Leslie are the ones that have planned ahead and can't afford to change travel plans, those sounding off are sharing their concerns for their teams interest.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:17 PM #40
HumboldtReign
where the grass is green

HumboldtReign plays in the PSP
HumboldtReign plays in the APPA D3 division
If the pros can do it?!

Lmao dude! Pros get flown all over the country on someone else's dime a lot of the time. They are also shooting 50 cases per weekend for one practice. Yea, no problem.

Last edited by HumboldtReign : 06-03-2014 at 07:19 PM.
HumboldtReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:18 PM #41
UNDRPRVLGD_V2
UNDR Industries

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtReign View Post
If the pros can do it?!

Lmao dude! Pros get flown all over the country on someone else's dime a lot of the time. They are also shooting 50 cases per weekend. Yea, no problem.
Then you know where to set your bar at.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:25 PM #42
sstiggy

Our guys (Cen Cal Disruption D4) would rather the date stays as is, we are in the central valley so flights aren't an issue, but getting time off during summer is hard enough for people that work weekends, but to have to cancel already granted time off and try and get new days off after time off requests have already been submitted is an issue
sstiggy is offline   Reply With Quote