Community Focus

Old 05-23-2014, 09:57 PM #1
CatoRockwell
Mercenary

CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Pulse RDR

So I was set on buying this loader however when I contacted paintballgateway (my preferred online store) about purchasing one. They informed me that the reason they sont carry them is that the RDR has had "feeding issues". Until these issues were fixed they would not be carrying them. They did not care to elaborate or go into details. This has made me hesitant in my purchase.

Would anyone out there who has owned, used, dealt, etc... For the Pulse RDR care to elaborate or dissolve these "feeding issues"?
"Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit. Never fight against heavy odds if you can hurl your own force on only a part of your enemy and crush it. A small army may thus destroy a large one, and repeated victory will make you invincible." -Thomas Stonewall Jackson
CatoRockwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2014, 10:19 PM #2
ferg man 5000
Amature Gynecologist

Broke one ball out of 10+ cases. If that's a feeding issue, then yes, they are correct.

Mine feeds great, sometimes makes a weird grinding sound like the gears are slipping cause its trying to jam, but next shot and it stops making that sound and keeps on feeding. I'm guessing that's the design of it, maybe others will chime in on this.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4059881
ferg man 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:23 AM #3
hatchetwarrior1246

hatchetwarrior1246 donated to help Peyton Trent
hatchetwarrior1246 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
hatchetwarrior1246 supports Team VICIOUS
hatchetwarrior1246 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Nah. It's a known issue. Mine broke at least 5-6 per hopper. I think psp it did fine. But uncapped was no good

EGO 11 NEED GONE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...061&highlight=
hatchetwarrior1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:32 PM #4
SmallBaller712
XBL - WookyMonster

Haven been into paintball for years, but i still like to lookup the "hot" gear sometimes. Last loader I purchased was a DXS Pulse around 2006/7. It had a removable tray which was the coolest concept for its time and it had issues with a brittle feedneck. Which, from what I read, describes this new Pulse RDR to the T. Anyone know if this was based off the original Pulse or possibly just a redesign wearing a different name as a "mask"?

Originally Posted by Alan777..."Sunny and Wilfred are my fags."
SmallBaller712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:59 PM #5
CRASHJT

CRASHJT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CRASHJT supports Team VICIOUS
I used a friend of mines for two scenario's and had no problems at all. Little noisy if your trying to sneak around, Have to get used to the pulse feeling.... Its not bad just different. I was using it in PSP mode... shot approx 5 cases

Former Member XGST
CRASHJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:53 PM #6
B Baller

B Baller plays in the PSP
GI fixed the loading issue, I believe the software was from 3-24-2014 and there is a new set of paddles that they will give you free, contact them or buy from someone who has the most updated equipment. I know for sure aggressivesports.net has the most updated versions because he traded his stock at MAO.

I tested it with HK, redemption pro and 5 star when I got it back, it feeds super fragile paint with no trouble now.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:47 PM #7
CatoRockwell
Mercenary

CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CatoRockwell owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Would someone mind posting a pic or explaining how the feedneck is breaking? This loader seemed to be made of the same material the rotor is so Im really surprised that its breaking on people.

Edit: just found my own answer

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=veTk-hF50Is

Virtue spire it is then.
"Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy; and when you strike and overcome him, never let up in the pursuit. Never fight against heavy odds if you can hurl your own force on only a part of your enemy and crush it. A small army may thus destroy a large one, and repeated victory will make you invincible." -Thomas Stonewall Jackson

Last edited by CatoRockwell : 05-24-2014 at 11:53 PM.
CatoRockwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:08 AM #8
B Baller

B Baller plays in the PSP
GI has that covered as well. Basically you just don't want an original RDR, you need the updated one.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:47 PM #9
r45vt

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Baller View Post
GI has that covered as well. Basically you just don't want an original RDR, you need the updated one.
Updated one still blows goats. GI just sucks in general. They had mine for 3 months(1 week shy). In the end they sent me a replacement, albeit I went from Blue to Pink(It's not red... despite what they call it).

I've ran 5 cases through my new RDR and it jams 2-3 times a day. It is just fundamentally flawed in the loader design. It pops balls up while trying to feed so as soon as you are low on paint you are ****ed. It has shelves around the drive cone that store paint as well. Good luck if you are tilting and shooting.

The new one is much improved, better battery life in general, less of a parasitic draw while it sits. It went from drawing a tenth of a volt a day to a thousandth. On/off is much better too, no longer do you have to hold them for 3 seconds. New drive cone with soft paddles.

I always think I have problems walking the trigger on my Axe until I stick my Prophecy on and shoot double the speed.

Stick clear of the RDR until they do a redesign of the basic loader function.
r45vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:21 PM #10
ferg man 5000
Amature Gynecologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatoRockwell View Post
Would someone mind posting a pic or explaining how the feedneck is breaking? This loader seemed to be made of the same material the rotor is so Im really surprised that its breaking on people.

Edit: just found my own answer

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=veTk-hF50Is

Virtue spire it is then.
That's exactly how mine broke and it was a pain to get the remaining feedneck piece out of my gun. Looks like this is the week the expiration date hit on these loaders cause everyone's feednecks are breaking.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4059881
ferg man 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote