Old 05-22-2014, 11:39 AM #1
Sean Scott
Just a player...

has been a member for 10 years
Sean Scott is playing at Living Legends V
Sean Scott is playing at Living Legends VI
Sean Scott is playing at Living Legends VII
Living Legends 7 - And that's a wrap!

I took some time this week to sit back and reflect over the awesomeness that happened last weekend and I finally have put my thoughts together.

As of Sunday May 18th, I have left the paintball industry. This was my last Living Legends working behind the scenes and the event is left in good hands. I will still be helping here and there on the back side of things, but I plan on playing next year. I hope to be playing side by side with my friends that I have made over the 19 years I have worked in the industry, and what better way to go out then LL7.

What a weekend. There are always issues that affect logistics or game play that are always major to us, but these seemed to be minor compared to all the smiles I saw all weekend long. At the end of the day all we want is for you guys to have an amazing weekend and I think we succeeded. Watching my Facebook news feed I think is a testament to that. I have had several friends who were not there state that they have never seen so much sheer volume of posting after an event. The posts that really get me are the ones who say that is was the best weekend of paintball in their lives or even the best weekend of their life. Heck, Neil Chittendon of Team Akkadian actually got me to break down. (love ya buddy)

I have always put in everything I have into paintball. It was never for the money, the people I work for, or even my ego. The only thing I wanted to do was make people smile and make an impact on the ground level. Thank you for allowing me to do this year after year, and thank you for believing in CPX, Viper, and this event.

Living Legends is bigger than any one person. I want to thank Ray, Paul, and Mike Dagnino for bringing me on staff and moving my family from Argentina to Chicago. It put me in a position to where I could work for CPX Sports and Living Legends while supporting my family. I want to thank Darryl Nephew and Nick Hassler. These guys are the managers at CPX and they put in a TON of hours trying to get everything ready. We really got screwed on weather this year leading up to the event with rain, snow, and a very late winter. With all that said, they were able to pull it all together. I want to thank Viper for his commitment to the event and the passion to always be changing… to adapt. At CPX, we are dynamic. We never sit around playing catch up. We always push the envelope and Viper has been a main force of pushing the envelope for Living Legends. I want to thank the CPX Refs, Viper’s Texas Law Dogs, and the Blast Camp refs for doing an outstanding job this year. Absolutely outstanding this year guys, truly.

Thank you to all the media who support the event. We could not do it without you. You guys all make the event look awesome.

An event like this requires lots of time and planning on the command level. I want to thank Mike Phillips, Josh Saumure, Richard Rangel, Willie Galarza, Tommy Long, Chris Piering, Ryan Cook, Kevin Buchanic, Daniel Massey, DJ “HONU” Fox, Cris Nelson, Neil Chittendon, Mark Leatrea, and Andy Wofford. You all did a fantastic job and I would play side by side with any of you.
I want to thank the Paintball Industry. The guys in the paintball industry, who get it, are there. The purpose of Living Legends was to get these guys on the field playing and also put them in social situations with the players. Those connections that are created benefit everyone. It is true guerrilla marketing while making new friends.

Most of all, I want to thank you guys… the players. Without you guys, this event just would not succeed. You guys keep coming every year and bringing more and more with you. This shows we are doing something right. It has been my honor to have you guys out every year and I am looking forward to playing with you guys next year. I am going to make that hill my *****.

EDIT - And a special Thank You to Zac Arbuckle. He was one of the he guys who helped the the Predator Cocker and Automag RT Auction. Helped get Bud Orr to Living Legends. And he was the guy behind the Paintball Museum. Thank you very much buddy.

EDIT - And I would like to thank my amazing wife Ianina and our kids for tolerating me and my stress over the past few years. I hope to make it up to you all.

Started paintball in 1995. Proud to have worked at the following.
| Living Legends | CPX Sports | Procaps | Smart Parts | KAPP | Drop Zone Paintball |

Last edited by Sean Scott : 05-22-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Sean Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2014, 11:52 AM #2
ViperScenarios
Coast-to-coast Scenarios

ViperScenarios is playing at Living Legends III
ViperScenarios is playing at Living Legends V
ViperScenarios owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ViperScenarios supports Bob Gurnsey
I absolutely could not have said it better. I will miss working with you, but I will enjoy the HELL out of watching you playing and having fun. I always have.

Thank you for all you have done for me, my friend, and all you have done for paintball!
ViperScenarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:53 AM #3
Bartman

Annual Supporting Member
Bartman is a Moderator
Bartman is a Supporting Member
Bartman is a founding member
Bartman is playing at Living Legends VII
well said Sean , you can play next year thats awesome, you did great work here, and have fun where ever life takes you

Bart
Devils Brigade
Bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:54 AM #4
Sean Scott
Just a player...

And a special Thank You to Zac Arbuckle. He was one of the he guys who helped the the Predator Cocker and Automag RT Auction. Helped get Bud Orr to Living Legends. And he was the guy behind the Paintball Museum. Thank you very much buddy.

| Living Legends | CPX Sports | Procaps | Smart Parts | KAPP | Drop Zone Paintball |
Old 05-22-2014, 11:58 AM #5
visualreviews

visualreviews posts videos on PbNation
visualreviews is attending Decay of Nations VI
Well said Sean, it will be awesome to play along side you next year. All the best my good friend.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/...1/82289844.gif
visualreviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:09 PM #6
tbone833

tbone833 is playing at Living Legends III
tbone833 is playing at Living Legends VI
tbone833 supports DLX Technology
Well said buddy - I'm gonna miss seeing your bright and smiling face every weekend. Remember, myself and plenty others will be right by you side making that hill your *****. You are Sean "mother freaking" Scott.

Last edited by tbone833 : 05-22-2014 at 12:33 PM.
tbone833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:13 PM #7
iStepbroi
Sauce

iStepbroi plays in the PSP
iStepbroi is playing at Living Legends VII
iStepbroi owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
iStepbroi plays in the APPA D4 division
iStepbroi supports Empire
thank you!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 12:24 PM #8
Ryan@CPX

Ryan@CPX supports Empire
Ryan@CPX is All In
Ryan@CPX is All In
you'll always be a huge nerd in my book! That wont change. **** talking wont be the same without you.

Congrats buddy, you killed it again!!

Check us out:
www.cpxsports.com
www.cplpaintball.com

Often imitated, never duplicated.
Ryan@CPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:25 PM #9
DeadeyeDante
Booper of Noses...

DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends V
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VI
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VII
DeadeyeDante supports Team VICIOUS
DeadeyeDante supports Empire
Looking forward to storming the field with you next year Sean. Best wishes to you and yours my friend.
E-Flex Army
DeadeyeDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:55 PM #10
jleahw

jleahw plays in the PSP
jleahw is playing at Living Legends VII
jleahw owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jleahw supports DLX Technology
I Shall miss seeing you! Best wishes! Til I see you again.
jleahw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:20 PM #11
BigEvil-AO
"MAG WHISPERER"

BigEvil-AO is playing at Living Legends VII
BigEvil-AO has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thanks for all of the hard work. It was great to meet you.

RIP IMPACT PB :(
BigEvil-AO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:13 PM #12
Paul@CPX

Annual Supporting Member
Paul@CPX is an Ultimate field/store owner
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends III
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends V
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends VI
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends VII
To my Living legends partner in crime, thank you for all your tireless work and dedication to making this and everything you do a success. We both know we couldn't have done it without each other. Knowing that we created something that has brought so much happiness and put smiles on so many people's faces is one of the greatest accomplishments I have had in my life, and I'm happy to share in that glory with you. It has been and honor and a pleasure my friend...

Check us out:
www.cpxsports.com

Often imitated, never duplicated.
Paul@CPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:19 PM #13
Sean Scott
Just a player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@CPX View Post
To my Living legends partner in crime, thank you for all your tireless work and dedication to making this and everything you do a success. We both know we couldn't have done it without each other. Knowing that we created something that has brought so much happiness and put smiles on so many people's faces is one of the greatest accomplishments I have had in my life, and I'm happy to share in that glory with you. It has been and honor and a pleasure my friend...
Thank you buddy. It has been one hell of a ride...

Old 05-22-2014, 04:34 PM #14
prettylou
Por favor nene!

prettylou donated to help Peyton Trent
prettylou is playing at Living Legends III
prettylou is playing at Living Legends V
prettylou supports DLX Technology
the 26 hours worth of driving right after a week in france was well worth it...no way I could have missed coming out to see my buddy off. You can always count on my support. I wish you all the best moving forward. And that hill....will be OUR ***** cause I'll be right beside you!
Old 05-22-2014, 04:51 PM #15
chibbs

Sean-
Thank you for everything you have done for this sport. With everything you have done over the years and the opportunities you have given so many people is astounding!

Personally you have not only given me opportunities to not only play along side many of the people who I idolized as a young paintballer but the opportunities to get to know those players and eventually call many of them friends. On my ride home from CPX I was thinking about my years in paintball from when I was a lost 14 year old kid in the woods at my first scenario at Skirmish D-Day (before it was ION) where I first heard the legends of Knightmare Tango. Fast forward a few years to My first Viper game playing under you at MOUT as a member of the Smart Corps, playing against the company which taught me so much, Spec Ops, my experiences at Living Legends 1, watching Dave Celio cap all 5 slap sticks in the final battle. Getting asked by Dave Celio to run with him at Living Legends 5, and running with him at a couple other scenarios after that, all the way to commanding a Legion at Legends 7 with MOATI formally of spec ops paintball as my legion XO with many other ballers who have also taught me so much playing for me. Truly an experience I will never forget!

I have come further in paintball than I could have ever dreamed, it has shaped me as a person, helped me grow into the adult I am today and you played a HUGE roll in that. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for everything you have done, not just for me, but for the sport we all love. You will be missed. I wish you all the luck in the world in your new carrier and I can not wait to run along side you at an event in the near future!

Play hard or not at all!

Last edited by chibbs : 05-22-2014 at 05:00 PM.
chibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:25 PM #16
Pig_Pen

Love ya buddy.
Pig_Pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:24 PM #17
honu
OHANA PB

honu supports Empire
going to miss you bro. we take good care of LL down the road. Prepare for many double " birds" photos sent your way as i try to fill your huge shoes
MOFO LL6

Proudly Sponsored by CPX Sports
honu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:34 PM #18
inquisitor
Captain Kirk

inquisitor is playing at Living Legends V
inquisitor is playing at Living Legends VII
inquisitor has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
inquisitor supports Empire
Always excellent work putting it together and it showed. Thank you and good luck.

Professionally Sponsored by: Empire: Battle Tested/Jaz Stands/Flex R/GRC Paintball Field
inquisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:57 PM #19
PsychoticSteve23
Bang Bang

Annual Supporting Member
PsychoticSteve23 is playing at Living Legends VII
PsychoticSteve23 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PsychoticSteve23 supports Team VICIOUS
PsychoticSteve23 supports Team VICIOUS
PsychoticSteve23 is Legendary
PsychoticSteve23 supports Empire
Thanks Sean for such an awesome first time experience. I will definitely be back next year hopefully on your side.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:28 AM #20
LoinclothLegend
Legend Eternal - Darious

LoinclothLegend is playing at Living Legends III
LoinclothLegend is playing at Living Legends VII
Sean, the wolfpack will live on! It was a pleasure getting to work with you. Good luck in your future endeavors. And if I don't see you before the next Living Legends, I will see on you on the hill.

- Izzy (HAI!)
LoinclothLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:23 AM #21
guinnessfc
Stay Focused Stay Alive

guinnessfc is playing at Living Legends VI
guinnessfc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
guinnessfc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hugs brother going miss ya!

Proto Rail Reflex 2012 PGA DYECAM
Planet Eclipse Ego 08
Tippmann A-5 Camo