vs3 man ftw helped look for balloons
vs3 man ftw is playing at Living Legends III
vs3 man ftw is playing at Living Legends V
vs3 man ftw supports Sherwood Forest
vs3 man ftw posts videos on PbNation
vs3 man ftw plays in the APPA D4 division
vs3 man ftw has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Thinking about an SP1.

I havent played paintball in 2 years but want to start again. I always liked to be a little different and thought about using an sp1 for comptitive style xball. I know they have the same internals as a vibe and know they shoot great. I was wondering how much maintenance will owning an sp1 require? Ive seen pictures and it looks like theyre difficult to take apart. I also wanted to know how I would get eyes into the gun. Would i have to use an Ion XE breech and board? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
vs3 man ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2014, 03:49 PM #2
Calculon The Great

Basic maintenance is extremely easy. All you have to do is to remove the back panel (two hex screws) and then unscrew the whole firing assembly which will come out. You just inspect the o-rings on the firing can, bolt and bolt guide, wipe off the old grease, re-grease, re-assemble and you're done. The whole thing takes less than a minute. I do it every 2 cases shot or so. I only do a full disassembly (taking the board out, etc.) once a year when I do an extremely detailed clean-up. And even that is not that bad. You can also re-grease the reg piston every 6 months or so, which will add another minute to the maintenance cycle.

My SP-1 is now 6 years old and still works like a charm.

Last edited by Calculon The Great : 05-22-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Calculon The Great is offline   Reply With Quote