Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-19-2014, 09:18 PM #1
iNova13

New Air, old gun (2k3 Smart Parts Impulse) - anything to know?

I am trying to come back to paintball after a good 8-9 year hiatus. I own a 2003 Smart Parts impulse left over from the good ol' days. Has anything really changed regarding these modern air systems?

I sold my tanks back in the day knowing I was quitting for some time. I assume my marker will perform well after tuning, but I need air.

Can I buy any air system off the shelf for my 2k3 impulse? Anything I need to know or research first?

Thanks,

Eric.
iNova13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2014, 09:43 PM #2
iNova13

A second detail to add to this...

I would like to purchase a tank that I could use not only on the impulse, but on a more modern marker (such as an empire axe) if (when) I an get itch to upgrade.
iNova13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:36 AM #3
Parasite
Not Amused

Annual Supporting Member
Parasite is a Moderator
Parasite is a Supporting Member
Parasite is a founding member
Parasite is BST Legit
Parasite donated to help Peyton Trent
Eric,
Since your impulse was new, air systems have become lighter, more easily serviceable, and (debatably) more consistent. They've also all become screw in - no more rail mount tanks. Almost any new system you pick up will do you well. Most people tend to favor Ninja or Crossfire tanks, but there are many quality offerings out there.

Any standard output tank should work on your impulse, provided it's the model with the vertical max-flo reg (or some kind of reg!), and not the one with the gas through grip. This same type tank would work just fine on an Axe.

"When people get a little too chummy with me
I like to call them by the wrong name
to let them know I donít really care about them."

My oldschool PBN Feedback +48 Positive/ZERO negative : before the days of this "fancy" feedback system.
Parasite is offline   Reply With Quote