PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-14-2014, 06:40 PM #1
Shner14

has been a member for 10 years
Downfalls of Halo Too?

What are the downfalls of the Halo too? I have one and like it decent enough, but I am considering upgrading. What are the biggest complaints about the Halo Too? Size, speed, functionality?
Shner14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2014, 07:38 PM #2
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile plays in the APPA D4 division
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile is Legendary
team_xile supports DLX Technology
team_xile supports Empire
Honestly, my only gripe with it is the fact that it's a pain to take apart. All the modern day loaders snap together and come apart with little effort. The halo too required a screw driver and has 6 screws to take off. It's not a big deal really, but it's a pain to take apart quickly.
team_xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:02 PM #3
imped4now
BTFU

It's a pain to disassemble and it's heavy as hell compared to other choices.
imped4now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:54 PM #4
GrimSlayer

GrimSlayer plays in the APPA D4 division
Its a great hopper but you need to remember its a decade old design and from the looks of it, it looks like Empire has not updated the design at all since Empire released their Reloader B many many moons ago.

like the others have mentioned its a pain to disassemble and its quite heavy compared to the other loaders on the market now. There really arent many drawbacks for it other then those two and the Halo has aged quite well compared to other hoppers that were popular amongst its time (Vlocity, Egg). I still have a halo in my gear bag, just as a loaner or if on the rare occurance my prophecy Z2 goes down.

If you got the extra cash you might want to look into a newer generation loader, but the halo is a tried and true loader and theres a reason Empire is still selling it.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:20 PM #5
Person

Person is a Supporting Member
Besides what others mentioned, the halo can straight up crush balls in its stack and turn into a blender when something goes awry. I really don't recommend one unless you really need to shoot faster than a revvy, and you really really don't want to spend another 20 or 30 bucks to step up to a prophecy.
Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:26 PM #6
sobersteve323
Budget Baller

sobersteve323 is attending Decay of Nations VII
sobersteve323 supports Empire
Like the others have said taking the Halo Too apart is the biggest issue for me. Granted, I've only had to do it once in the last year when I had a ball break in the stack. Some jamming issues with tiny paint but I hear that happens with some higher end loaders, too.

I love mine and no real issues with it but it's currently a backup since I picked up a Rotor. Now that I'm older and lazier I'd prefer to have something I can take apart in a few seconds. If taking the loader apart doesn't bother you I don't see a reason you'd need to upgrade.
sobersteve323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:03 AM #7
BigPumpPlayer

BigPumpPlayer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
As a rotor owner that stepped from a halo too I would agree with the rest here and add that the gains in battery life with the modern loaders, rotor especially, are tremendous. I can play for damn ever on 3AA with a rotor but my halo I would always worry about the battery being solid. Low batteries on the halo seemed to be my Achilles heel for a long time
Phantom VSC Custom Pump
"I Fight YOU!!! Pew Pew!"
BigPumpPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:58 PM #8
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
I keep a Halo B with a Suicide Shell as my backup to my Z2, so cleaning is no longer an issue. The only gripe I have with the aftermarket shell is still battery life and weight. It's a solid loader, but it's damn heavy and batteries aren't the greatest.

I'll still use if over a Spire, though.

EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote