Tried some brittle paint yesterday. And as suspected it broke ever 5:t ball.
At home I remover the eyepipe and looked down inside the body. I hav done this before and I se that the rubber eyeholder soes not sitt symetricaly. It sticks out more on the left side looking from the barrel end.
I removed the eyeholder and the rubber is one of the preblems.
There just aint enough room to let the detents move freely.
I am not sure if the bolt speed is the differance between working and not working but since the system is the same on DM I think maybe boltspeed and the fact that the detents cant fold in to make a flush pipe is an big issue.
Can you se that the rubber sticks out more on the side whith the red line?
The breach is to the right... The cuts wherer the barrel screws in are vissible.
When i place a ball in the breach the detents stick out a bit more than the width of the step on the eyepipe. The indentation on the rubber (hole) is not aligned with the round detent but its a bit more forward to give place for the arm to bend out. This does'nt seem to be enough on my NT. If i hold the parts together and try to push an alen key round the orifice the detent is not retracted enough to make the bore of the eyepipe smooth. The detent sticks out.
The last image is of the rubber i have removed some material from to give the small arm of the detent some room to make sure the detent can fold away and out of the pipe.