Community Focus

Old 05-14-2014, 01:46 PM #1
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
Vanquish 1.5 Impressions

I won the first Vanquish that was given away by PBN in the ASM giveaway back in November.

Due to work and personal things, I wasn't able to play with it until this past weekend and I have to say that I'm quite impressed.

The marker is quiet. Noticeably quiet! I should say that I'm using a Luxe barrel front and the 1.5 red bolt w/spring. I'm coming from a G6R, Vice, and Angel A1 Fly (Primary and backups). I thought all of those markers were quiet until now!

The marker shoots great! Very accurate, with a smooth and consistent shot. It doesn't kick like my Vice does!

My favorite feature by far is the pressure read out on the OLED display! So awesome not needing a pressure gauge to tune the marker!

I'm usually one to really jack with marker settings and tweak it to my liking, but after installing the 1.5 upgrades, and updating the board to the latest version, I tuned the pressure for velocity (running about 165 psi) and have left the stock settings. So far, it shoots so well that I don't feel the need to mess with any settings! Also, for not being broken in, it was very consistent over the chrono at +/- 2 or 3!

The only complaint I have about the marker is the stock trigger. I've never been a fan of that particular trigger shape. I picked up an Inception Designs Cobra Trigger. I much prefer the "Scythe" shape of the Cobra trigger. The included shims with it allowed me to reduce ALL side to side play in the trigger. It's a high quality trigger!

This is my first high end spool (other than an 07 PMR I use as a loaner, I've avoided spools), and so far I'm very impressed!

The one last thing I have to mention, I'm very please with Kee/Empire's support. While I haven't had any problems with the marker, obtaining the 1.5 update was easy, and it was free! Other companies have charged for much smaller updates in the past. Kudos to Empire for their excellent customer service!

Last edited by tjs0349 : 05-14-2014 at 03:49 PM.
tjs0349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2014, 10:58 PM #2
protecpa
Sacramento, CA

Annual Supporting Member
I run a silver tip on my tuxedo vanquish as well. Nice choice

Send me a PM
protecpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:26 AM #3
mandiesbaby483

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
mandiesbaby483 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mandiesbaby483 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mandiesbaby483 supports Empire
Welcome to the fold.

facebook.com/gunsforhosespaintball
mandiesbaby483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:36 PM #4
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
Thanks guys! I'm really happy with it so far. The real test will be Living Legends this weekend!
Old 05-19-2014, 04:48 PM #5
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
Just an update, played both days of Living Legends with my Vanquish 1.5. It performed VERY well. My only complaint, coming from poppet markers (G6R), I'm not used to spool type air efficiency (or lack of). I was getting just shy of about 6 pods. Granted I was using a smaller tank (50/4500), and I was using the red bolt. I'll have to try out the other bolt, and do some tuning for efficiency. I was running out of air before I was running out of paint. Something that never happens with my A1 Flys, Vice, or G6R.

I spent some time gunning from the passenger seat of The Hellions Grindhouse tank. Both runs we did, I ran out of air about halfway through. The first run I swapped tanks with an extra havoc they had in the tank. Ended up shooting about 10 pods that run. It was pretty damn fun!!!

Overall, a VERY solid marker that I'm very happy with!
Old 05-24-2014, 09:50 PM #6
XxJKATxX
ECU Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
XxJKATxX owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
XxJKATxX supports Team VICIOUS
XxJKATxX is an NCPA player
XxJKATxX plays in the APPA D4 division
XxJKATxX has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
XxJKATxX supports Empire
Yea they silver bolt gets better effienciey I use that on a 77/45 and I'm getting 11-12 pods