PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-21-2014, 09:10 PM #43
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarospoon13 View Post
Lets call that "was" working as it should. Clocked back up to 320 atthe field yesterday. Will be getting the shorter spring to see if that helps.
D'oh - Well that's no good.

Quote:
Just cut the spring back a bit and will test it out hopefully this weekend if my ankle heals up by then. Took off about 9 or 10 mm off of it so i'm hoping that makes all the difference in the world.
It should. Was that about 2 coils off? If I remember correctly, that should do it. You may have a little adjustability with the main spring adjustment screw now.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2014, 09:15 PM #44
aarospoon13
Isaiah 41:10

Annual Supporting Member
aarospoon13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
3 coils actually, and it still feels a decent bit tense and sturdy not like its about to fart like the pumps or wobble or anything. Yeah it held up for a bit then just decided to launch 320s yesterday.

LOADOUT 1: Titan White Etek 4 LT * Ninja 50/4500 * Machine Gear/Pinokio PL250/400 * Black/White Exalt accessories * Vforce Profiler/Sly Profits
Home Field: http://www.txrpaintball.com
aarospoon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:45 AM #45
CA_Tectonics

Any other changes? Different paint? Weather changes? Just strange that it would be doing fine them all of the sudden you are shooting hot again.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 07-22-2014, 07:00 AM #46
aarospoon13

Annual Supporting Member
Still around the 90s down here in Houston area but its possible they change paint at the field I usually go to. I hadn't done any tear downs or anything of that sort after it was stable so I can't say for sure. I even tried backing the rammer cap almost all the way out and it didn't help. I am a little more confident in this working out than the tension on the spring.

LOADOUT 1: Titan White Etek 4 LT * Ninja 50/4500 * Machine Gear/Pinokio PL250/400 * Black/White Exalt accessories * Vforce Profiler/Sly Profits
Old 07-22-2014, 07:39 AM #47
jessekeels
I'm a 'dust black' guy

is the marker regulated?
jessekeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:46 PM #48
aarospoon13

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessekeels View Post
is the marker regulated?
Stock Kaos? No sir. Just a gas through foregrip with a macro line running from the ASA.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:10 PM #49
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Still around the 90s down here in Houston area but its possible they change paint at the field I usually go to. I hadn't done any tear downs or anything of that sort after it was stable so I can't say for sure. I even tried backing the rammer cap almost all the way out and it didn't help. I am a little more confident in this working out than the tension on the spring.
I agree. Cutting the spring down should help you. At least keeping the marker cocked for a while helped........somewhat........for at least a little while . Meh, it was worth a shot anyway.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:50 AM #50
aarospoon13

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
I agree. Cutting the spring down should help you. At least keeping the marker cocked for a while helped........somewhat........for at least a little while . Meh, it was worth a shot anyway.
Yeah it got me a full day of play so I completely appreciated that advice. Will let you know what I clock in at next time I go out. It may be the first time I have to turn the velocity adjuster up!

Old 07-23-2014, 03:00 PM #51
jessekeels
I'm a 'dust black' guy

regulating the marker should allow you to fine tune the velocity. As well as give it bit of consistency.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:18 PM #52
aarospoon13

Annual Supporting Member
I probably won't go in the direction of getting a reg for this marker just yet. Would rather let it limp while I save for my next buy rather than money pit it at the moment.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:07 PM #53
aarospoon13

Annual Supporting Member
Shooting properly now at around 260-280 with a LOT of turns in! Spring cut was definitely needed.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:19 AM #54
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Shooting properly now at around 260-280 with a LOT of turns in! Spring cut was definitely needed.
Good deal.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:45 AM #55
Morpheus78

You could also just buy an $8 spring kit for it off of ebay couldnt you?
Gog Enmey x2

A man who fears losing has already lost! - Arya Stark
Morpheus78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:26 PM #56
aarospoon13

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus78 View Post
You could also just buy an $8 spring kit for it off of ebay couldnt you?
Could have, but was easy enough to cut it that it didn't make any sense to order something.