Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 05-11-2014, 06:53 PM #127
SilentBall55

What exactly is the marketing program details?

Are you actually an employee of the "Paintball Marketing" company with paid holidays and benefits?

Or are you a independent rep like Avon doing direct selling to friends? Is it like NSA filters where you buy $15K of filters to buy into a level and get others below you?

As much as you hate GOG/SP, they are a business that still have to survive and with the little dealer support around the country, they must resort to direct marketing.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2014, 02:54 AM #128
poorballer900
Axe + CASH!!???

poorballer900 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
poorballer900 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
This is the most laughable crap I've seen on this website. The retardedness(?) in this thread is pure amusement. How the hell are you going to get someone to drop 150$ on a cheap *** GoG gun and 200$ or more on a paintball "beginner" kit? They don't even know if they like the sport or not. Are you going to go door to door saying buy this? This isn't selling damned girl scout cookies. Paintball is expensive and time consuming. If you are willing to play, you go in clear eyes full hearts. And then GoG has the audacity to say they are doing this to grow the sport? None of you fools remember 2007? Is this a prank? I challenge Mr. Paintball Marketing to respond to this.

/thread
poorballer900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:58 AM #129
dcbiii
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
dcbiii is a Mega Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidenking View Post
Yup, but the Gardners will just tell us we're mad because they've got a 'winner' mentality.

How's it been going Gardners? Being winners and all?

SP was a spectacular company once upon a time. Then SP became more focused on capital gains, coating boards with resin to force people to buy the newest upgrades - using their legal teams to wreak havoc on the industry.

Several friends have asked me if they should buy from GoG - the answer is always a resounding no.
Pretty sure the resin was to avoid infringing on a patent on re-programmable paintball circuit boards.

This point of your argument doesn't really make sense, as paintball manufacturers have been selling "flashes" of boards for forever. They would make more money selling a flash to a user then by selling them an entire reprogrammed board. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure that I got suckered into buying a ZeroB board by Planet Eclipse, a Frenzy board from Bob Long, and a Mojo board from WDP all within a few years. Manufacturers making money from board upgrades is nothing new--board hardware changes, and they capitalize off it.

IIRC it was WDP that owned the patent on the reprogrammable paintball marker circuit board, and the wounds from the SP lawsuit were still fresh. I don't think that SP was going to leave themselves open to a lawsuit by leaving the programming port open.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:03 AM #130
Raidenking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbiii View Post
Pretty sure the resin was to avoid infringing on a patent on re-programmable paintball circuit boards. This point of your argument doesn't really make sense, as paintball manufacturers have been selling "flashes" of boards for forever. They would make more money selling a flash to a user then by selling them an entire reprogrammed board. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure that I got suckered into buying a ZeroB board by Planet Eclipse, a Frenzy board from Bob Long, and a Mojo board from WDP all within a few years. Manufacturers making money from board upgrades is nothing new--board hardware changes, and they capitalize off it. IIRC it was WDP that owned the patent on the reprogrammable paintball marker circuit board, and the wounds from the SP lawsuit were still fresh. I don't think that SP was going to leave themselves open to a lawsuit by leaving the programming port open.
The board programming issue is one of many errors the company made IMHO.

I don't want to clutter this thread up with more negativity, but I think the point has been made clear enough by myself and others who have criticized SP/GoG.

Regardless of how everyone feels about the lawsuits, lying about gear their pro teams were winning with, or the board changes - there are about 10 other companies in paintball I would prefer to support over the current GoG.
Raidenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:25 PM #131
KMA

KMA is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
KMA supports DLX Technology
I'm not saying this program is good, bad or other... but for anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, this isn't some marketing company that "teamed up with GoG paintball". Their address is the same one used by Smart Parts and GoG. In other words, Paintball Marketing is GoG, and IMHO their primary goal is to sell more guns. If the sport happens to grow, well that's a bonus since it means more potential customers down the road.

I get suspicious when companies do things like this... to me it's either used to misrepresent themselves, or possibly to avoid upsetting current GoG dealers in this case. It seems a little bit shady to me, and I would personally avoid interacting with companies like this.
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback

Last edited by KMA : 05-12-2014 at 03:28 PM.
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:36 PM #132
GTSpaintball

Got the email from them today. It seems legit. If anybody has any questions about it Pm me and I'll give you the FAQ sheet they emailed out.
GTSpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:42 PM #133
RyanR
accuracy by volume

RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
tldr?

GoG is turning anyone and everyone into GoG dealers.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:37 PM #134
iBunker Noobs
PUG LIFE BABY!!!

iBunker Noobs owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
iBunker Noobs is for the Gunfight
iBunker Noobs has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I've sat back and watch people make good arguements, be it about the idea as a whole and the fact of who's running the show behind closed doors. All I have to say is, if GoG wants to invest this kind of time/money into getting something like this off the ground. Then why not direct some of that want and drive to make amends in the sport by ,helping" it grow, into something more constructive. If you want people to trust the business idea then show everyone a condensed businessplan. Instead of waiting for people to contact you. Look at any help wanted add in the paper or internet, they actually detail the job. Not just the phrase email for more information. Furthermore if you're going to have someone represent this idea, then at least make sure they are educated and litterate for the sake of looking professional. Please don't take this as an attempt to slander in anyway, just another point of view.
93W/75th RR UNITED STATES ARMY.
iBunker Noobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:38 PM #135
IronBayPaintball

IronBayPaintball is an NCPA player
IronBayPaintball plays in the APPA beginner division
IronBayPaintball has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
IronBayPaintball supports Empire
Reading through this thread I see a lot of what turns more players away than cost ever will. The hatred that seasoned players show towards the industry. Did SP/GoG forever change the paintball industry? Yes. But one thing that everyone in this thread have overlooked is one simple fact. Most players are not in areas close to a field. I would even venture an estimate that over half of people who play paintball do so at a friends house our out in the woods with coworkers. They go to walmart or other box store to get cheap gear just to have fun. I have been in the Industry and have introduced backyard players to the bigger tournament side of the sport and the answer is always the same. "I NEVER knew there were paintball tournaments, that's so cool". SP/GoG is looking to reach out to those players. Anyone close to paintball knows the gear and what they want. Even the fields can't reach out to these players because they never would have come in the first place. I've gotten more people out of the woods and out to the field by letting them shoot my markers in the back yard then I ever did working at a field. If they try it and like it then they have given the itch to play to someone else. If the marker performs with the new upgrades to the design then awesome. But as I tell every player at the field, until you have personally used the gear keep your mouth shut.

BTW no one has mentioned Walmart or Shopko or any of the other big box stores that sell gear. Where is a prospective player more likely to buy gear from? The field/store they can't drive to or the big box store that they can drag mommy or daddy over to the isle and show them what they want. That's who is going to lose out on this. The reps can educate and help where box stores just sell.

Located on Iron Bay in the heart of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan

Paintball the way it was ment to be played since 2008
IronBayPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:41 PM #136
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Annual Supporting Member
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronBayPaintball View Post
Reading through this thread I see a lot of what turns more players away than cost ever will. The hatred that seasoned players show towards the industry. Did SP/GoG forever change the paintball industry? Yes. But one thing that everyone in this thread have overlooked is one simple fact. Most players are not in areas close to a field. I would even venture an estimate that over half of people who play paintball do so at a friends house our out in the woods with coworkers. They go to walmart or other box store to get cheap gear just to have fun. I have been in the Industry and have introduced backyard players to the bigger tournament side of the sport and the answer is always the same. "I NEVER knew there were paintball tournaments, that's so cool". SP/GoG is looking to reach out to those players. Anyone close to paintball knows the gear and what they want. Even the fields can't reach out to these players because they never would have come in the first place. I've gotten more people out of the woods and out to the field by letting them shoot my markers in the back yard then I ever did working at a field. If they try it and like it then they have given the itch to play to someone else. If the marker performs with the new upgrades to the design then awesome. But as I tell every player at the field, until you have personally used the gear keep your mouth shut. BTW no one has mentioned Walmart or Shopko or any of the other big box stores that sell gear. Where is a prospective player more likely to buy gear from? The field/store they can't drive to or the big box store that they can drag mommy or daddy over to the isle and show them what they want. That's who is going to lose out on this. The reps can educate and help where box stores just sell.
Church.
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:06 PM #137
SilentBall55

GOG is struggling to survive like most small paintball companies.

Since they no longer own the IP to control the market and now have to pay for license fees from Kee and need to get creative with marketing.

They honor the life time warranty on the markers they sell, so no reason to hate them. It would have been better for the Gardiners to go away, but they still have human families to take care off. They also have employees that work for a living like you and I. I did not like their business tactics in the past, but I can move on as well.

They are putting out very affordable markers with life time warranties. Their first gen valves had big issues, they took care of their customers with an improved valve. The old SP company would have ignored them

As for the "Paintball Marketing" effort, as long as the compensation is accepted, it will do well.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 05-12-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:51 PM #138
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Deathwish_DW helped look for balloons
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends III
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends VII
Deathwish_DW supports Sherwood Forest
Deathwish_DW is Legendary
Deathwish_DW supports DLX Technology
If anyone wants the lowdown, they are essentially making people gog dealers.

Hell.. the last part of the pdf says they'll sell them at half off to the "rep" so they have a demo gun.
I never had such an offer extended towards me and I know other shops that have not either.

Becker@BeckerPaintball.com

Proud Dealer of:DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG Deadlywind - Valken - MacDev - Inception Designs
*!* eBay◄2346+ PBNation◄310+ *!*

Last edited by Deathwish_DW : 05-12-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:10 PM #139
SilentBall55

Well they tried the tradition method. The few dealers they have won't support them let alone grow the GOG business.

Every dealer I see sell mostly Empire, PE and Tippmann markers. Look the small fish like Torque, Lurker, and Alien. If this system works, then maybe they will use it as well. The best sales person is a friend or relative. If they screw up, they can't hide.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 05-12-2014 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:15 PM #140
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Deathwish_DW helped look for balloons
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends III
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends VII
Deathwish_DW supports Sherwood Forest
Deathwish_DW is Legendary
Deathwish_DW supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post
Well they tried the tradition method. The few dealers they have won't support them let alone grow the GOG business.

Every dealer I see sell mostly Empire, PE and Tippmann markers. Look the small fish like Torque, Lurker, and Alien. If this system works, then maybe they will use it as well. The best sales person is a friend or relative. If they screw up, they can't hide.
What about the small fish? I don't see them doing anything like this?

Becker@BeckerPaintball.com

Proud Dealer of:DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG Deadlywind - Valken - MacDev - Inception Designs
*!* eBay◄2346+ PBNation◄310+ *!*
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:17 AM #141
Person

Person is a Supporting Member
I am probably the most anti SP guy on the planet, but at least this doesn't appear to be a multi level marketing scheme. Just one level. I don't like that they use the word marketing, when it is just sales.
Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:19 AM #142
hth_1
Another Canadian

hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hth_1 posts videos on PbNation
hth_1 supports Empire
So if you pay for marketing package you basically get a free full aluminum freak kit with an enmey.

But to be honest I wished they would have sold a linear freak Jr system (with the useful 0.679, 0.684, and 0.689 inserts ) as the barrel to go with this over the much more costly total freak system.
-Olive Hammer 7
-Green Eagle autococker
-Black eNMEy
*And where any marker can be gone at the right price ;) *
hth_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:29 PM #143
CrusaderPB
Field, Pro Shop & Repairs

Annual Supporting Member
CrusaderPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CrusaderPB supports Bob Gurnsey
CrusaderPB supports our troops
CrusaderPB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrusaderPB has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
CrusaderPB supports Empire
I'll keep this program in mind while on the sales floor and while making inventory decisions, that's for sure
Now a Planet Eclipse Service Center

Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Subscribe to our Thread!
CrusaderPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:34 PM #144
SilentBall55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwish_DW View Post
What about the small fish? I don't see them doing anything like this?
That's right. They don't. If GOG irons out the bugs of selling directly with individuals, other small marker companies can use the same approach to boost their sales...... unless GOG puts a patent on it.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:56 PM #145
7paintball
Service at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderPB View Post
I'll keep this program in mind while on the sales floor and while making inventory decisions, that's for sure
I as well.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:56 PM #146
Paintball Marketing

Paintball Marketing works for a Paintball manufacturer
Thanks IronBay Paintball. Couldn't have said it better myself.

BTW, store owners and field owners can become reps as well. Several field owners who cannot afford the inventory or the staff love the idea. They can loan out or rent the eNMEy and then easily make a sale to any of their customers want them. They take payment and the marker is shipped directly to the customer without having to do anything else. They get their commission check in the mail.
Paintball Marketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:40 PM #147
apes4us
MO

So, no answers to the last several pages full of questions and concerns?

I myself am most interested in whether or not you'll be filing 1099 forms, or leaving it up to the individuals to figure out the taxes.
apes4us is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.