PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 05-09-2014, 11:27 PM #85
Paintball Marketing

Paintball Marketing works for a Paintball manufacturer
And no, there are not minimum buy ins or anything like that. That is not how it works.

As for selling goggles, we agree that is something that any new player will have to purchase. All of our reps will take a PTI safety course which will teach them how to properly and safely play the game. However, one of the goals of this program is to get new players to the stores and fields. They will have to go to one of those places (or online) to buy goggles. If we headed down that road of selling everything that a player needs then the stores would have every right to be upset. That is NOT what we are trying to do. Start by getting a new player a marker. They can't even use it without paintballs, an air source and goggles. Where will they get those??? At a paintball store or field.

You guys are way too paranoid.
Paintball Marketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2014, 11:41 PM #86
hth_1
Another Canadian

hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hth_1 posts videos on PbNation
hth_1 supports Empire
Still would rather apply to receive a free or heavily subsidized loaner/rental marker and redirect all potential sales to pro shops that sell GoG products. Not to mention having a physical unit to show potential new dealers.

But alas this is my view, and as long as GoG gives me a reason to plug their products I will
-Olive Hammer 7
-Green Eagle autococker
-Black eNMEy
*And where any marker can be gone at the right price ;) *
hth_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:26 AM #87
TheFinest
The Man

TheFinest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheFinest has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheFinest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
TheFinest supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_ILLNatured View Post
This.

While I am 100% for growing the player base and industry, and I am looking at this optimistically, reading all the negativity is really starting to get me down. No one ever has anything nice to say about the industry, and I find that extremely disheartening. An industry full of naysayers is only doomed to fail by it's customers.

@PaintballMarketing
I still have not heard anything, btw
You clearly don't see the big picture and you are narrow-minded just focusing on something you love.

Paintball Marketing has not even answered more than half the questions in this forum. Telling us we are way too paranoid, is that how you are going to react with all the people asking you questions. Your company looks like it is located in a warehouse and as for people signing up, have fun giving out your e-mail and phone number. It's like giving it to a car dealership, they will never stop.
Hustle Paintball
Paintball Wizard
TheFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:46 AM #88
Almighty Batman

Seems like a way to make money by cutting the stores out (local, online, or whatever). Just using simple numbers we'll say the $150 marker is sold to dealers for $75. If they pay an individual commission of around $25 per marker, gog would make $50 more per marker sold by the individual. (I don't know if any of these numbers are even close. Just quick numbers off the top of my head)
There's nothing wrong with making more money. Just don't claim it's for the good of the sport. And about us being way too paranoid, can you really not see why we would be?
Almighty Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:55 AM #89
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Batman View Post
There's nothing wrong with making more money. Just don't claim it's for the good of the sport. And about us being way too paranoid, can you really not see why we would be?
You are right, they would make more per unit, however, their overhead increase by quite a bit. Most wholesalers/manufacturers would rather sell large number of units to individual customers, rather than small numbers of units to many individual customers. But if they actually do sell a lot of units this way, have they not accomplished what they say they are trying to do, got more new players interested in paintball?

I don't have a big problem with the concept, as long as they don't plan to expand their product line. If they eventually try to sell everything else in their inventory this way and DO cutout the stores and fields, then I'll badmouth them till the end of eternity.

I do like the fact that all sales reps have to take a PTI training course. It shows me that they are not just in it to sell as many eNMy's as possible with no consideration for anything else.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:38 AM #90
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends III
7paintball supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintball Marketing View Post
And no, there are not minimum buy ins or anything like that. That is not how it works. As for selling goggles, we agree that is something that any new player will have to purchase. All of our reps will take a PTI safety course which will teach them how to properly and safely play the game. However, one of the goals of this program is to get new players to the stores and fields. They will have to go to one of those places (or online) to buy goggles. If we headed down that road of selling everything that a player needs then the stores would have every right to be upset. That is NOT what we are trying to do. Start by getting a new player a marker. They can't even use it without paintballs, an air source and goggles. Where will they get those??? At a paintball store or field. You guys are way too paranoid.
Maybe you should answer questions and people will not be so "paranoid".
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:54 AM #91
HingleMckringleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Batman View Post
Seems like a way to make money by cutting the stores out (local, online, or whatever). Just using simple numbers we'll say the $150 marker is sold to dealers for $75. If they pay an individual commission of around $25 per marker, gog would make $50 more per marker sold by the individual. (I don't know if any of these numbers are even close. Just quick numbers off the top of my head)
i really doubt there is 100% markup on it and few people buy guns from a local store anyway because they are usually a very small percent cheaper online which people are more willing to pay even though its probably only a few dollars however they would be more likely to buy stuff like mask jersey pants loader tank and other random accessories from a local store because they can all be done in small amounts of money over time when they are ready to play and also getting more markers in the hands of new players = more revenue for local shops is you think shops survive on marker sales i think that ship sailed many many years ago but field fees air fees and all the paint sold from an increase in people playing would help the industry as a whole so many people are so negative on this website because of stuff they heard of before and few ever actually had any first hand experience with, the fact of the matter is the sport has to grow and this is simply a method of encouraging that
HingleMckringleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:01 AM #92
wgp73

Annual Supporting Member
wgp73 is BST Trusted
Sorry GOG/Smartparts.... You showed your true colors years ago
wgp73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:41 AM #93
doochnikka™
Penguins

how about the industry as a whole collaborate to make this possible. Truth is, it's fun to go paintballing, but it's going to be a tough sell getting recurring players when the first time they go to the field it costs $100 per person to play.

Then factor in the second time they want to come; startup costs of purchasing gun, tank, hopper [(bare necessities) keep in mind most new players now are forced to buy a compressed air tank instead of a $15 CO2 tank] and then a $40+ case of paint, $25 for entrance/air, and traveling costs (lets face it, rarely do people live CLOSE to a field). More often than not, the original "party group" of 10 people, only retains 1 or less continuing player.

Coming from a marketing background, paintball is just a hard sell to get reoccurring players. It is literally a lifestyle that for the average person consumes a substantial portion of their income, or is supported by family.

If you could retain 2 or 3 people from that original group of 10, then people are more influenced by having current friends continued play. To get them to come back, you can't scare them with their initial costs, and startup costs. Furthermore, offering a non-competitive marker for $100 is not going to attract new players. An Axe-level marker that is around $200 or less might be able to draw some people.

Well **** you too System.

WTB Your Old Markers

Last edited by doochnikka™ : 05-10-2014 at 08:45 AM.
doochnikka™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:33 AM #94
ironpanther

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Ad hominem attacks attacks.

Classy.

But seriously. Why not spend the money training field owners to give their customers better experiences? Or to be better business people in the first place?

Oh yeah, you aren't actually spending much money except for this News Up.
ironpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:22 AM #95
pynis
Reagan owns my soul

pynis plays in the APPA D5 division
pynis is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
pynis is Boss
Note to self:
never introduce a new idea for paintball to the users on pbnation. Ever

Trying to better paintball (be it a good plan or not, we do not know) is just awful

"Originally posted by a_nxiety: screw ego's, everyone in the world shoots one. might as well sell them at hollister next to the pre-stained white hoodies and the jeans where knee's cost extra."
pynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:26 PM #96
TheFinest
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pynis View Post
Note to self:
never introduce a new idea for paintball to the users on pbnation. Ever

Trying to better paintball (be it a good plan or not, we do not know) is just awful
Seriously?

So to better the sport of paintball how about you give me your email and phone number and I'll give you a commission and a sh** ton of calls and e-mails and go out to the field and sell my product and I'll give you 20 bucks every time you sell my product. How's that sound, is that a good plan? Is this a good idea for the sport?
Hustle Paintball
Paintball Wizard

Last edited by TheFinest : 05-10-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:43 PM #97
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Deathwish_DW helped look for balloons
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends III
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends VII
Deathwish_DW supports Sherwood Forest
Deathwish_DW is Legendary
Deathwish_DW supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Noice.

Becker@BeckerPaintball.com

Proud Dealer of: Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG Deadlywind - Valken - MacDev - Inception Designs
*!* eBay◄2346+ PBNation◄310+ *!*
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:47 PM #98
RyanR
accuracy by volume

has been a member for 10 years
RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
or you know.. there's a lot of unanswered questions.

I'll take payments before I give you information.. don't be paranoid.

IOG
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:58 PM #99
pynis
Reagan owns my soul

pynis is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinest View Post
Seriously?

So to better the sport of paintball how about you give me your email and phone number and I'll give you a commission and a sh** ton of calls and e-mails and go out to the field and sell my product and I'll give you 20 bucks every time you sell my product. How's that sound, is that a good plan? Is this a good idea for the sport?
Prove to me that is what will happen and that is how much you will get paid.

Come at me with facts about the "spam"
Everyone has nothing but speculations and hate.

"Originally posted by a_nxiety: screw ego's, everyone in the world shoots one. might as well sell them at hollister next to the pre-stained white hoodies and the jeans where knee's cost extra."

Last edited by pynis : 05-10-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:08 PM #100
TheFinest
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pynis View Post
Prove to me that is what will happen and that is how much you will get paid.

Come at me with facts about the "spam"
Everyone has nothing but speculations and hate.
The 20 bucks was a joke, and I don't give out my e-mail or phone number to these types of company. How about you come at me after you sign up and give out your information to a random person who just posted in the forum saying he has a great opportunity for you.

Guess what, welcome to the real world where no matter the company, you will always get speculation and hate.
Hustle Paintball
Paintball Wizard

Last edited by TheFinest : 05-10-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:32 PM #101
pynis
Reagan owns my soul

pynis is Boss
Quote:
The 20 bucks was a joke, and I don't give out my e-mail or phone number to these types of company. How about you come at me after you sign up and give out your information to a random person who just posted in the forum saying he has a great opportunity for you.

Guess what, welcome to the real world where no matter the company, you will always get speculation and hate.
Oh I guess you served me...

Yeah, **** that guy fo trying to get a new company off the ground and make some money. **** him hard.

If I had time to sell guns (father of 2 babies, full time job, husband) I would sign up. But when my free time goes to my family, I'm gonna have to pass.

Plus I don't like the enemy. If I were selling entry level guns it would be tippmann.

All I'm saying is, none of you cats saying that its gonna be nothing but spam when you sign up, have any proof of this. Some people have even chimed in saying that the info packet is pretty nice.
Ever think that they are verifying that you are an actual person with that info?

What do you think Facebook does to protect your information? Or Twitter?

Grow the **** up and let people succeed or fail before you tear apart their idea

Old 05-10-2014, 01:43 PM #102
TheFinest
The Man

Oh I guess you served me...

Yeah, **** that guy fo trying to get a new company off the ground and make some money. **** him hard.

If I had time to sell guns (father of 2 babies, full time job, husband) I would sign up. But when my free time goes to my family, I'm gonna have to pass.

You'd think with your experience you would know more about businesses and how they run.

Talking about growing up, ya I will **** that guy for trying to get this company off the ground. Worst way to promote this. If I had time....please.
Hustle Paintball
Paintball Wizard
Old 05-10-2014, 01:57 PM #103
pynis
Reagan owns my soul

pynis is Boss
Quote:

You'd think with your experience you would know more about businesses and how they run.

Talking about growing up, ya I will **** that guy for trying to get this company off the ground. Worst way to promote this. If I had time....please.
Please tell me what you know about my experience. Clearly you know all there is to know about everything, so enlighten me.

Do you have kids? Do you have a job? How old are you? 22?
Yeah, if I had time I would give this a shot. Sorry there are only 24 hours in a day and I need at least 4 to sleep and 8 to work. There's half my day.
Currently my sick son is sleeping on me, so that's how I have time to read your little bits of wisdom.
You should keep them coming for the rest of the readers. I'm sure my son will wake here soon enough and I'll have to spend time with him and not you're plethora of knowledge about all businesses, paintball, and my home life.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:41 PM #104
ThePBLife

Annual Supporting Member
The new "HD" valve from GOG for the enemy is a huge step up from the previous design. The platform is great for beginners. BOB, ability to use CO2 & HPA, glass reinforced nylon outer shell for durability (think firearms), and ease of maintenance.

Though tippys pretty much dominate the field rentals out there, the combination of the enemy with ninja's 35ci tank is perfect for my 7 year old son who's just getting started in the sport. It's a light weight package that makes tippys feel like a boat anchor.

Will I sign up for the program? Probably not. I think GOG should have talked to field owners about changing their field rentals and offer some sort of a bulk discount for it. It's the fields that keep this industry pumping. You want the enemy in the hands of new players, then go where new players play.
ThePBLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:15 PM #105
Almighty Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HingleMckringleberry View Post
i really doubt there is 100% markup on it
Ya you're completely right. Was just tryin to do some quick math with simple numbers and didn't think of what the actual markup would be. The reasoning I used makes no sense now. I'm gonna stop posting right before bed lol
Almighty Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.