Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Pump Scout is playing at Living Legends VIII
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
There's info in the packets. I'm not sure how much they want out and about without people contacting them about it.

My biggest concern would be the product line itself. A player pack for getting new players on the field should be that. Goggles first and foremost, gun, tank, hopper, and have a few accessories available. Limiting the line is great, carrying too many options is kind of nuts, but there really does need to be the consideration for safety first.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2014, 02:41 PM #65
RyanR
Shoots from hip

RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDub0820 View Post
This is an attempt to get your personal information, so "paintball marketing" can SELL your information as leads to companies. It is a way they can get emails and phones numbers to sell to third party companies to cold call you and stuff your inbox with SPAM. DONT LET SOMEONE MAKE MONEY OFF YOUR PERSONAL INFO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
No, it's not. Or we wouldn't have allowed it here.
You guys can prevent them from doing so? Man, we should send you after the big corporations and government.

Last edited by RyanR : 05-09-2014 at 02:44 PM.
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:52 PM #66
rivrfreak
Power is Precision

rivrfreak plays in the PSP
rivrfreak owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
rivrfreak supports Bob Gurnsey
rivrfreak supports our troops

ChicagoAggressive
--SQUAD--
rivrfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:55 PM #67
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is BST Legit
 plays in the NXL
John donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
You guys can prevent them from doing so? Man, we should send you after the big corporations and government.
Haha, we have a little more pull inside of paintball than outside.
John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:56 PM #68
ironpanther

John,

The first post says it is a partnership between PM and GoG. If that is the case, GoG gets the revenue from gear sales and PM gets your contact info. How is this not just database building to be sold within(and outside) the industry?

I hate to see "grow the sport" get trotted out like this every time some genius thinks they can make a buck.

I expanded on my opinion of this in my blog. Hopefully that way people that google this "opportunity" will find a little clarity other than PM's ad copy and spin.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:28 PM #69
502 killa
THIRDEYE

Annual Supporting Member
502 killa plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
502 killa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
502 killa plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintball Marketing View Post
Actually the commission is really good. And yes, friends getting friends to play is how many of us got involved in the sport. The reality is that is what the sport needs more of. For years the industry has told players that they "need" to help the industry grow. Now, we've given you an incentive to do so.

Sales or marketing..whatever you want to call it can be easy or hard depending on who you are and what you are selling. Certainly selling a product that you believe in that gets people interested in a sport that you love is a far easier task than selling something that you could care less about.

Those that are successful can make good money and gain valuable work experience and training.
I went out on a limb and signed up for more info i better not be bombarded by hordes of spam mail calls and texts or we are going to have a problem.
502 killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:59 PM #70
Person

Person is a Supporting Member
Its just a classic multi level marketing (pyramid) scheme type of setup from a company most famous for exploiting the industry. I am disappointed to see this here.
Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:51 PM #71
gain_man
Tuefel Hunden

gain_man is a founding member
I cant believe you fools are falling for this garbage.

Old Feedback
gain_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:55 PM #72
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Annual Supporting Member
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 502 killa View Post
I went out on a limb and signed up for more info i better not be bombarded by hordes of spam mail calls and texts or we are going to have a problem.
This.

While I am 100% for growing the player base and industry, and I am looking at this optimistically, reading all the negativity is really starting to get me down. No one ever has anything nice to say about the industry, and I find that extremely disheartening. An industry full of naysayers is only doomed to fail by it's customers.

@PaintballMarketing
I still have not heard anything, btw
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:27 PM #73
Entropyyy
Paintball. That is all.

Entropyyy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Entropyyy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Entropyyy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
It's a great idea, growing the sport is extremely important to its longevity...with that being said, the website seems very unprofessional (not set up well) and doesn't provide enough information to make me want to sign up.

Also, when I clicked on the "watch the video" tab, I got a marketing add for GoG products but no information on what this is about. Not how I wanted to waste 8 minutes of my life...
"You put your gloves on, put your mask on, and air up your gun. It doesn't matter if you didnt get the girl, got a bad grade, or lost your job. All that matters is that for the next 6 hours you're in control."

Using a $1500 marker doesn't make you the best player anymore than driving a Mercedes makes you the best driver.
Entropyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:28 PM #74
killmax101
sXe

Annual Supporting Member
killmax101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
killmax101 posts videos on PbNation
killmax101 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
killmax101 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
killmax101 is Legendary
killmax101 supports DLX Technology
killmax101 supports Empire
Very interesting. I have a sales and management background in and out if the paintball industry. When someone gets more info please pm me.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:51 PM #75
BURN177
DIRTY SOUTH BALLER

BURN177 supports Team VICIOUS
BURN177 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BURN177 supports DLX Technology
BURN177 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidenking View Post
Sounds like paintball marketing teamed up with the wrong company.

GoG, formerly Smart Parts stomped around on the paintball world and now wants to make amends by bringing new players in?

Making things right with the paintball world shouldn't translate to a scheme to lure people into buying GoG products. If they want me as a customer - I want to see them engage in more donation or charity type work for paintball - rather than recruiting pbnation members as sale reps.

the whole process sounds a bit odd as well. I would feel much better representing a company like Tippman for entry level players.
agreed, if tippmann was doing something like this I would be on board, you can't brake a tippy. Enmys however brake a metric crap ton, no offense to GOG but I wouldn't feel comfortable selling your products to a player at any level.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:31 PM #76
Raidenking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person View Post
Its just a classic multi level marketing (pyramid) scheme type of setup from a company most famous for exploiting the industry. I am disappointed to see this here.
I was pretty put off by all that stuff, but more so after I saw tech pb's video on their boards being filled with resin so to force consumers to buy boards if they want to update.

Mike does a great job - even if he's almost comically angry in the video. Much respect to that guy, when I got back into the sport all his reviews got me caught up.
Raidenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:58 PM #77
jeryzkid22
lone ranger

Annual Supporting Member
Since I'm laid off I might give it a shot, I'm already shoot a GOG enmey and bought one for my brother-in-law. It's a great marker for the price and is great marker to use when I'm pissed off using a pump.

Worst case scenario I can go up to visit GoG if it is a scam!
jeryzkid22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:31 PM #78
natexcarr
GO VEGETARIAN!

I singed up for the email, got the additional information almost immediately, and have yet to receive any spam. Be it email, text, or otherwise.
natexcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:39 PM #79
ArchAngelIon
Nyan~ PASSUUUUU!!!

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon helped look for balloons
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
While not exactly a pyramid scheme per se, there are a number of things to watch for.

When receiving further information make sure there is no minimum buy in. Something like, "to join the marketing team you need to have a minimum inventory of 10 extacy markers in stock" would be a red flag for me. Furthermore having gog send you inventory on a regular basis should be another one. I can see some younger players fall for this and get in way over their heads.

The secrecy behind this program is somewhat disturbing as well and I can't see how this is not stepping on the toes of retailers already selling gog products.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:45 PM #80
hth_1
Another Canadian

hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I can back gog, since they did claim to have sent me my new valve and enemy body. And I also loved my enmey until I took a bad dive that snapped the feedneck.

Personally I would be down if they sent me like 3-5 enmeys, and then I can start promoting with some physical unit. I mean even one of my local field that doesn't carry DLX and GoG products wanted me to actually bring in my enmey before evaluating if they wanted to bring more than just luxes in.

The way that see this program which could be an oversight by most posters here (I have not subscribed to the email yet, so my opinion is of such) is letting renters (strangers or people you invite to play some buahball) try the enmey first hand and getting them sold on the enmey which will in turn lead to renters buying masks, tanks, Hopper, etc.

However most of us should still empathize like what most posters have said before is encouraging said newer players to buy masks, soft goods, tanks, and Hoppers before marker.

And if GoG or PM wants to send me a few enmey to promote you know how to contact me
-Olive Hammer 7
-Green Eagle autococker
-Black eNMEy
hth_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:20 PM #81
Azoth

Azoth is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hth_1 View Post
And if GoG or PM wants to send me a few enmey to promote you know how to contact me
The thing is they aren't going to send you markers for free. They would expect some sort of financial retainer or for you to purchase them at a wholesale price and resell them to new players.

In life, you don't get something for nothing.

Immortals Paintball
Honor... Above all else.
Azoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:04 PM #82
empire pb2
Dont Hate The 918

empire pb2 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
empire pb2 supports Team VICIOUS
empire pb2 posts videos on PbNation
empire pb2 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
sent an email to learn more!!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:15 PM #83
Paintball Marketing

Paintball Marketing works for a Paintball manufacturer
We are not interested in getting your e-mail addresses so that we can sell them or try to sell you anything. E-mails are an effective way to communicate large amounts of information to a lot of people very quickly. With the large number of people who have already requested more info this is the only practical way to do it.
Paintball Marketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:21 PM #84
hth_1
Another Canadian

hth_1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
The thing is they aren't going to send you markers for free. They would expect some sort of financial retainer or for you to purchase them at a wholesale price and resell them to new players.

In life, you don't get something for nothing.
I'm still going to plug for GoG whenever my parts get here. Just easier (with some "loaner" units) than saying "here buddy shoot this (personal enmey) over the chrony area for bit and return it after"
-Olive Hammer 7
-Green Eagle autococker
-Black eNMEy
hth_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.