Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-19-2014, 12:52 AM #43
tkim391

Haha as long as you change the oil every 3k or 4k depending on how you drive you should be fine.
When you hit 100k miles, take it to a mechanic for inspecting the belts and pumps.
Take care of your car and it'll take care of you.
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2014, 08:01 PM #44
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends VII
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 is Immortal
My IS300 was one of the best cars I've ever owned. I had the timing belt and water pump done at 110K, brakes when needed and a headlight at 145K. Drive belt at like 125K. The only expensive thing was the Z Rated tires it took. That was $1,000 every 12,000-15,000 miles or whenever a pothole took one out. A few potholes bent my rims and those weren't cheap dates either. I think the 250's have a different tire that's a little more forgiving with suspect road conditions. My IS was a great car, sold it at 180,000 miles and frankly it would have run well if I had wanted to do another $2,000 in preventative maintenance. Instead I opted to sell it for $9,500 and bought an RX330 which has been a beast in its own right. I'm over 135K on it and haven't really had any issues.

Lexus makes a great car and really takes care of you with the pre-owned warranty and customer service. If you want parts, I'd recommend finding some aftermarket place with OEM stuff. I picked up OEM rims significantly cheaper at aftermarket shops. The only really expensive part was my headlight bulb. That was several hundred bucks. I probably should have bought it online and done it on my own but I let the dealership do it.

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:04 PM #45
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley

Gazz is a Supporting Member
$1k on tires every 12k miles for a car with 200 hp

all of my lol
Gazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:01 AM #46
cdubs91

cdubs91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cdubs91 supports DLX Technology
Take it to a toyota dealership to get maintenance done on it, it's the exact same thing but cheaper. (I used to work at a toyota dealer with Lexus' that constantly come by)
cdubs91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:04 AM #47
Dom Mazzetti

cdubs do tell me what RWD car similar to the IS that toyota makes
since its the same thing after all
Dom Mazzetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:26 AM #48
JonathanW
solaris

has been a member for 10 years
There is no Toyota dealer locally and as I mentioned it's pricey and PITA to get out of this town with your V... (ferries)
Old 05-25-2014, 04:29 AM #49
Dom Mazzetti

dude i would just keep ripping snatch all over your homeland
nothing tops a v6 stang and nothing screams wanna be money like an old *** beat lexus
Old 05-25-2014, 04:30 AM #50
jdalal

jdalal owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
My family has owned lexus' before they are reliable just keep up with your maintenance and give your local lexus dealer your contact info they'll call you when there's a recall or something like that we have a IS250 that has almost 200k miles on it and it still runs great
jdalal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:34 AM #51
JonathanW
solaris

hey Dom Tony.... I have come to this forum before, I'm an 'ex paintballer' but instead of making an acct on car forums I come here and get **** out bby everyone every time I make a thread... what is up with that? Look I as a 25 or 26 when I bought the mustang, the price was very good.... itt has gotten me from a to b with little repairs.... and btw the pics i've seen on dealerships of 2007 or 2008 IS250s dont like beat up at all, in fact still very nice.... I have grown up since 2011 and dont really want a badass/rebel car like the mustang, I want something that shows my age (29) and is reliable, practical, nice interior... and yeah aviously when ppl buy Lexus it's in image thing too.

I have a lot of pains in my life, I never had many friends growingg up that opened their wallets to me... I figure since a lot of stuff is missing in my life these days in this small town I might as well have a half decent ride. Plus: 4 doors is better than 2 on the mustang, another bonus.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:37 AM #52
Dom Mazzetti

nothing screams rebel like a v6 stang
you depress me, but again i worked at lexus for a long time an is250 is not a good car.....
Old 05-25-2014, 05:22 AM #53
JonathanW
solaris

well aviously ppl that want any type of mustang are doing it accentuate their personality whether its a v4 or v8
Old 05-25-2014, 08:21 AM #54
Alan777
Tree Fitty

V4
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:42 PM #55
JonathanW
solaris

yes IIRC there were 4 cyldiner Moustangs
Old 05-25-2014, 06:10 PM #56
SmallBaller712
XBL - WookyMonster

"aviously" there were never any v4 "Moustangs"

Originally Posted by Alan777..."Sunny and Wilfred are my fags."
SmallBaller712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:31 PM #57
A Contract Killer

A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
This thread literally is making my brain hurt.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:57 PM #58
cvm973
Supra owner

Have no fear the Skipper is here !

I'll help you out because your from mexicos little cousin aka Puerto Rico (I think you said the only way out is by boat and plain and everyone loves v6 ford mustangs?)

Oil is not bad you can buy it from Walmart on this Lexus . Lexus is like the Acura of honda. In the end this car is just a nicer Toyota / honda . It won't be as bad as an audi . Watch the rp seals though .

And Dom Toyota makes one of the most notorious rwd cars ever aka the supra . If you can work on a 1jz or 2jz you can work on a Lexus , they probally just have more wires.

Sincerely,
-Roy "the skipper" Hernandez
Old 05-26-2014, 11:02 PM #59
Dom Mazzetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvm973 View Post
Have no fear the Skipper is here !

I'll help you out because your from mexicos little cousin aka Puerto Rico (I think you said the only way out is by boat and plain and everyone loves v6 ford mustangs?)

Oil is not bad you can buy it from Walmart on this Lexus . Lexus is like the Acura of honda. In the end this car is just a nicer Toyota / honda . It won't be as bad as an audi . Watch the rp seals though .

And Dom Toyota makes one of the most notorious rwd cars ever aka the supra . If you can work on a 1jz or 2jz you can work on a Lexus , they probally just have more wires.

Sincerely,
-Roy "the skipper" Hernandez
Did you just compare a a supra to an IS
Old 05-29-2014, 10:45 PM #60
draginframe
you cant catch me!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanW View Post
hey Dom Tony.... I have come to this forum before, I'm an 'ex paintballer' but instead of making an acct on car forums I come here and get **** out bby everyone every time I make a thread... what is up with that? Look I as a 25 or 26 when I bought the mustang, the price was very good.... itt has gotten me from a to b with little repairs.... and btw the pics i've seen on dealerships of 2007 or 2008 IS250s dont like beat up at all, in fact still very nice.... I have grown up since 2011 and dont really want a badass/rebel car like the mustang, I want something that shows my age (29) and is reliable, practical, nice interior... and yeah aviously when ppl buy Lexus it's in image thing too.

I have a lot of pains in my life, I never had many friends growingg up that opened their wallets to me... I figure since a lot of stuff is missing in my life these days in this small town I might as well have a half decent ride. Plus: 4 doors is better than 2 on the mustang, another bonus.
you type in Canadian, god damnit they only way we can understand Canadians is if they type. You are so retarded that you ****ed up typing. You can't put the blame of your lack of quality typing on your phone/device. I know that tablets and smartphones just got released in your landlocked island or whatev you called it but come on dude ****ing try. Wtf is a v4 moustang? The I4 2.3l engine went away with the fox body mustang. There was a turbo model too it was called the svo.

You don't know **** about cars and won't listen. Keep the moustang and get some NOS.
draginframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:46 PM #61
draginframe
you cant catch me!!!!

10 more months till you buy a Lexus!!!!! Yay.
draginframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:50 PM #62
JonathanW
solaris

Why are you so aggressive with me?