Community Focus

Old 05-06-2014, 12:54 PM #1
SoFlaSteve
So Fla

SoFlaSteve plays in the PSP
SoFlaSteve donated to help Peyton Trent
SoFlaSteve plays in the APPA D3 division
Calling all division 3 teams for cfps

Throwing this out to see how many d3 teams I can get to commit to CFPS. The current issue is the division never has enough teams by the deadline to make the d3 division. I am looking for players of current teams to discuss this and see how many we can get committed.

I know people register and then back out last minute which has been a problem since the golden days of the division however I am hoping with the recent lack of we can get some serious committed people to step up to make this happen.

I can guarantee a line from the 239 area however we would need at least 3 more teams minimum to make this happen.

Div 4 has a decent size division and those players who perform well all season will need a division to play in next year! Lets do itttt

Long story short what I am hoping to accomplish by this is not only help start the division back up so I can play, but also to get the ball rolling so we can show case some of the div 3, and div 2 talent in Florida.

Last edited by SoFlaSteve : 05-06-2014 at 01:00 PM.
SoFlaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2014, 04:47 PM #2
HairPin

HairPin plays in the PSP
HairPin supports Team VICIOUS
HairPin plays in the APPA D3 division
HairPin supports DLX Technology
Hopefully, be next season there will be enough D3 players in the area that will compete. It sucks to have a 4 - 5 team tourney. I think Royal Flush would play it if it was available.

Let's grow the series here, Lets get some ballers input.
2013 CFPS #3 2nd
2013 D4 Chicago 3rd
GFOA D4 1st
2013 PSP World Cup 2nd
HairPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:17 PM #3
bruno porto

Hi guys, as i posted before i will be in Orlando during this cfps event. I am looking for play in d3/d4. I would prefer to play on d3 as it would be on Saturday I think. I need to know still this week to organize. If anyone need a player just pm. I am a snake/Doritos player but I can play anywhere. Just wanna have fun.

Tks
Bruno
bruno porto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:43 PM #4
ToS-kIlLA
Malice 4 Life

That's what up Stevie! Would love to see that division start back up!

Team Malice 2004-2007
Malicious Army
Murda Kru
ToS-kIlLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:32 PM #5
Annihilators

We have to figure a way for D3-D1 players to keep competing.

There are not enough D1 Teams competing at the National level to keep all the D1 Players in Florida satisfied so they drop off the tourney scene.

Maybe create a D1-D3 Division at CFP. Keep entry low with no prizes .

Just a thought.
CFPS 2010 RND 1: 1st Place D4 Annihilator Too
CFPS 2010 RND 2: D3 and D4 Race to 4 Winners
2010 PSP MAO Champs D4 X Ball
2013 PSP World Cup 10 Man Champion
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Florid...s/377685150910
Annihilators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:21 PM #6
coolicarboy
Dont take my avatar!

coolicarboy plays in the PSP
coolicarboy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
coolicarboy is for the Gunfight
coolicarboy posts videos on PbNation
I would love to see CFPS divsion 3 being competive again.

Palm Beach Vipers

Check out my vids!
coolicarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:54 AM #7
bonusballas
E.K.K

bonusballas plays in the PSP
bonusballas donated to help Peyton Trent
bonusballas supports our troops
bonusballas plays in the APPA D3 division
bonusballas is Boss
Pretty sure I can get a team in there steve. I'm sure the owners of revolution and royal flush would like to as well.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:01 PM #8
WHOWHAT?
Team Who

Annual Supporting Member
WHOWHAT? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
WHOWHAT? owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
WHOWHAT? supports Team VICIOUS
WHOWHAT? is attending Decay of Nations VII
They need to not allow d3 players in d4. If you are d3 and can't roster on a d4 team, your only option's are to quit, play psp only or get on a d3 team and play cfp. Just my opinion.
1ST PLACE D-3 XBALL 08 WORLD CUP
2ND PLACE CHICAGO OPEN 08 D3 XBALL
2008 SPYDER CUP CHAMPS
WHOWHAT? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:11 PM #9
bonusballas
E.K.K

bonusballas plays in the PSP
bonusballas donated to help Peyton Trent
bonusballas supports our troops
bonusballas plays in the APPA D3 division
bonusballas is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOWHAT? View Post
They need to not allow d3 players in d4. If you are d3 and can't roster on a d4 team, your only option's are to quit, play psp only or get on a d3 team and play cfp. Just my opinion.
Oh so by winning paintball tournaments we should be punished? I would love to play D3, but no one wants to field a team.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:56 PM #10
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Splat7 supports Team VICIOUS
Splat7 plays in the APPA D3 division
Maybe have an "Open" division? Or a D2/3 division. I know there are a good amount of D2 ranked players in Florida right now and if there was a local division for them to play in then maybe we would see a better turnout.

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

2011 CFPS Series Champions D4X
2012 CFPS Series Champions D4X
Splat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:17 AM #11
rflu$hcrew

I agree with all of you, except not allowing D3 players to play D4, expecially Splat7, they should look into a "Open" Division. Nothing crazy like the GFOA does where a group of Pro players get together and just wipe everyone. There would need to be total team point limitations, but the problem becomes where do the national PSP points go? Royal Flush would be interested in keeping a team to play locally so hopefully something can happen for next season.

2013 Dallas Open D4 2nd Place
2013 MAO D4 5th Place
2013 Chicago Open D4 3rd Place
2013 World Cup D4 2nd Place
2013 World Cup D5 4th Place
rflu$hcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:15 PM #12
venice empire77
_________

venice empire77 plays in the PSP
venice empire77 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rflu$hcrew View Post
I agree with all of you, except not allowing D3 players to play D4, expecially Splat7, they should look into a "Open" Division. Nothing crazy like the GFOA does where a group of Pro players get together and just wipe everyone. There would need to be total team point limitations, but the problem becomes where do the national PSP points go? Royal Flush would be interested in keeping a team to play locally so hopefully something can happen for next season.
The amount of people ranked D2 and higher who are interested in playing CFPS and currently can are very slim. Also, typically people of that ranking are playing on PSP teams and put all of their time, effort, and money into that.

You guys are talking about an Open Division when Florida doesn't put together enough local D3 teams to hold a tournament. Work on that before players a whole division or two above
venice empire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:37 PM #13
hawk5755
London Lewis

Annual Supporting Member
hawk5755 plays in the PSP
hawk5755 donated to help Peyton Trent
hawk5755 is an NCPA player
hawk5755 is an NCPA National Champion
hawk5755 plays in the APPA D2 division
i wana play d3
Old 05-12-2014, 07:51 AM #14
ToS-kIlLA
Malice 4 Life

Maybe do a d3 rt2 instead of a rt4. I know it's not ideal but it would be easier to roster a rt2 line. Just a suggestion

Team Malice 2004-2007
Malicious Army
Murda Kru
ToS-kIlLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:26 AM #15
Ego_Maniac2
XBL - QyTe aMaZiN

Ego_Maniac2 plays in the PSP
Ego_Maniac2 supports Team VICIOUS
Ego_Maniac2 plays in the APPA D2 division
Ego_Maniac2 is Legendary
Ego_Maniac2 supports Empire
People just need to nut up and play d3 instead of playing d4 2-3 years in a row.

You're not going to grow as a player if you stay in the same division.

SPG
Ego_Maniac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:30 PM #16
Annihilators

What he said ^
CFPS 2010 RND 1: 1st Place D4 Annihilator Too
CFPS 2010 RND 2: D3 and D4 Race to 4 Winners
2010 PSP MAO Champs D4 X Ball
2013 PSP World Cup 10 Man Champion
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Florid...s/377685150910
Annihilators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:22 AM #17
xXSVx Phantom
Miami HaVoK #14

xXSVx Phantom owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xXSVx Phantom is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego_Maniac2 View Post
People just need to nut up and play d3 instead of playing d4 2-3 years in a row.

You're not going to grow as a player if you stay in the same division.
xXSVx Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:54 PM #18
Ronniekovalsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonusballas View Post
Oh so by winning paintball tournaments we should be punished? I would love to play D3, but no one wants to field a team.
i wouldn't call it a punishment , just playing your division.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:55 PM #19
Splat7

Splat7 plays in the PSP
Splat7 supports Team VICIOUS
Splat7 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by venice empire77 View Post
The amount of people ranked D2 and higher who are interested in playing CFPS and currently can are very slim. Also, typically people of that ranking are playing on PSP teams and put all of their time, effort, and money into that.

You guys are talking about an Open Division when Florida doesn't put together enough local D3 teams to hold a tournament. Work on that before players a whole division or two above
You're right. There isn't an alarming amount of D2 / D1 ranked players who are aching to play CFPS, but there are enough for where it could help the league. Last season my organization had about 20 D2 ranked players. I think 8 of those guys play nationally currently. So that's 12 D2 ranked players that currently cannot participate in CFPS. If even 4 of those guys were able to play then that could be the difference in completing 2 teams for a division.

It's hard for teams to get 8 D3 caliber guys to play CFPS. If you made a division for D2/D3 and allowed 1 D1 player on the team as well, then it would make the division more successful. Less experienced players would feel comfortable going into a tougher bracket because of their stronger players. Along with that, the "less experienced" players will get more points and then they will have to play at the D3 level the following year.

As I said before, I don't think expanding the division to D2/D3 will exponentially raise the number of registered teams, but it could be the difference in whether the division is canceled.

Palm Beach Vipers
University of Miami

2011 CFPS Series Champions D4X
2012 CFPS Series Champions D4X
Splat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:08 PM #20
venice empire77
_________

venice empire77 plays in the PSP
venice empire77 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat7 View Post
You're right. There isn't an alarming amount of D2 / D1 ranked players who are aching to play CFPS, but there are enough for where it could help the league. Last season my organization had about 20 D2 ranked players. I think 8 of those guys play nationally currently. So that's 12 D2 ranked players that currently cannot participate in CFPS. If even 4 of those guys were able to play then that could be the difference in completing 2 teams for a division.

It's hard for teams to get 8 D3 caliber guys to play CFPS. If you made a division for D2/D3 and allowed 1 D1 player on the team as well, then it would make the division more successful. Less experienced players would feel comfortable going into a tougher bracket because of their stronger players. Along with that, the "less experienced" players will get more points and then they will have to play at the D3 level the following year.

As I said before, I don't think expanding the division to D2/D3 will exponentially raise the number of registered teams, but it could be the difference in whether the division is canceled.
You really think you can get 4 D2 guys to field 2 entire xball teams? Lets be honest with ourselves here for a minute. We cant get more than 1 D3 xball team to even register no way we're getting 4 dudes to be able to field 16 guys.

It comes down to this, Florida D4 players are not wanting to step up and play. Simple as that. Me and a few other guys are currently registered for an open event in Georgia in about a week, mostly D2/D1 players. Wanna know the other team that's registered for our division? All beginners and D4.

It's baffling how people are arguing to say that allowing an open division will bring more teams in when we're not even fielding D3 teams.
venice empire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:09 AM #21
SoFlaSteve
So Fla

SoFlaSteve plays in the PSP
SoFlaSteve donated to help Peyton Trent
SoFlaSteve plays in the APPA D3 division
I think this thread is getting a bit off topic. I asked for suggestions to help participation with the div 3 for cfps. No suggestion is a bad one. Everyone is allowed to voice their opinion.

My opinion is this

I don't think lower ranked players will play a division higher because they have two more experienced players on their roster. I also don't think having a fully open division will be much help either. We all know how paintball works. The best will roster together and smash the series which will ultimately kill that division again.

Think of the old fierce days.. Fierce had a solid program tried and tested. It produced killers very quickly. They ran the the series and pretty much any series they played. It discourages less experienced players to compete in a division they dont have the confidence they can win. We can all puff up our chest and say "well that is a ***** move" or " You will never progress unless you play better teams". I feel we can all agree on those statements however it is just the way it is.

I was hoping with this thread I could throw some bait out and fish up some of the d3 guys that either were successful in d4 cfps and have hit a road block (if they aren't playing psp) or hoped to spark some new competition from some of the stronger d4 teams currently.

My goal was to get a head count on what teams were honestly serious about attending the event in d3 and not just backing out 2 weeks prior.

Like I have said earlier in this thread. I can get an annihilator line from 239 to attend the events but we need more than just us to commit.
SoFlaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote