Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-03-2014, 05:14 PM #1
Suspect 69

Tiberious T8.1 vs Tippman TPX

Toughts a on this? I am testing a Tiberious tomorrow at a Mag fed game.

Company Commander 101st Airborne NE Allied Command.

Team SOD- NY-NJ Rec Ballers Since 1996
Shocker 4x4 SF, Shocker NXT, Russian Legion Shocker, Bob Long Alias, WORR Pro-Stock 'Cocker, PE EGO 11, and a PGP for up close and personal.
Suspect 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2014, 06:48 PM #2
Bonez6x3

What one looks better to you? Right now you have to figure it is hard to get extended magazines for the T8.1. Stark is making attachment for the T8.1 to take Zetamags but right now you have to have a 3d printer to make on yourself or wait for Stark to make theirs.

The T8.1 looks better off the bat, I think. The TPX looks more like a toy but I like the feel of it better in my hands. Are you going to be running 1 or 2? Are you going to be running remote lines or CO2 cartridges? This is going to draw a lot of thoughts. After you try the T8.1, you will have to try to make up your mind on what feels best for you.
Bonez6x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:43 PM #3
Schmidke

i have a tipx and super glad i chose it. so many good things about it. Cheap mags with options to use zeta mags, can use a remote line right out the back which is surprisingly comfortable. co2 changes are super fast and gets just over 20 shots out of a cartridge on a good day. much more comfortable grip and trigger that the t8.1 in my opinion, trigger is curved nicely with a good pull and the frame isnt super fast like the Tib. i can not say enough about the tipx, i could easily use it as my primary for weeks if i wanted to, just a great marker and super super SUPER reliable.
Schmidke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:37 PM #4
gameover157157
Bunny Patrol!

gameover157157 is playing at Living Legends VII
gameover157157 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gameover157157 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree with Schmidke, I prefer the Tipx. I have owned both a Tiberius T8 and the new Tipx.

T8 had a nice weight, more metal parts, and the mags were solid but pricey. But I found it frustrating having the CO2 inside the magazines though, and maintaining it was a pain.

Tipx is more plastic, but is much lighter, cheap mags, and way easier to maintain. CO2 piercing on the first trigger pull is a great feature, no more wasting 12 grams like the T8. I mostly use the remote line however.

Also, I am not a fan of Zeta mags, but Tippmann is coming out with extended 12 round straight feed mags later this year (for the TCR, but Tipx compatible), which is a plus towards the Tipx.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:07 PM #5
Suspect 69

Thanks gents

Company Commander 101st Airborne NE Allied Command.

Team SOD- NY-NJ Rec Ballers Since 1996
Shocker 4x4 SF, Shocker NXT, Russian Legion Shocker, Bob Long Alias, WORR Pro-Stock 'Cocker, PE EGO 11, and a PGP for up close and personal.
Suspect 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:03 PM #6
motherboard1

Used both. I've used Tiberius 8 for at least 5 years and it gets my vote.

Seen many of the first TPX's fail consistently. I understand that issues are said to be fixed in the TPiX.

Reliability aside I still prefer the Tiberius based on :

look/feel. Just sexier.

ease of maintenance - I've worked on both and consider the T8 to be marginally easier to break down and assemble, but then again, unless you've done them both the same amount of times, it's hard to say.

CO2 in Magazine - Contrary to popular Myth, CO2 is not wasted this way. You can keep your cartridges in the Mags for Months if you like, and I do. If you can't tell that one is leaking, then it'll probably take a very long time to drain. Each magazine having a dedicated CO2 has other advantages as well.

If your not using remote line, and have 4 mags, You'll find Tiberius more efficient. Rotating mags means rotating and therefor resting CO2 cartridges. 28-ish shots per CO2 guarantees 3 goods Mags (8 shot mags, all strong shots) per CO2, which I track by putting a scratch in a piece of masking tape on the CO2 whenever I reload paint.

Unlike the TPX, in which you'll consistently find yourself needing to reload CO2 cartridges midway through your magazine.

If you ARE using a remote line, then it looks like the TPiX would have the clear advantage. I play outlaw ball and reload in between games though, and I don't do remote line.

Last edited by motherboard1 : 05-28-2014 at 07:17 PM.
motherboard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:13 AM #7
splatthetick

I love my T-8's with extendos...never shot the TPX but love the ca capabilty!!
splatthetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:14 AM #8
Henchman

Tiberius is a vastly superior pistol over the Tipx.
I've used both.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:50 AM #9
Das Ketty

I've never used a T8.1, But I do Love the TiPX
I Personally do Not like the Co2 in the Mag; But I use my pistol simply as a side are and not my main marker; and as a sidearm I do not want to pierce 4 Co2 Cartridges and then only use 1 of them.
Also the TiPx is super accurate... I can't speak for everyone, but I was very surprised that the Iron sights actually have me hitting extremely tight groups under 100 feet.

Its all personal preference; Personally I prefer TiPx.
Only complaint about TiPX, if you slightly depress the trigger you can leak Co2.
Das Ketty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:00 PM #10
motherboard1

As long as you can't hear any leaks in a particular mag, it's safe to pierce the CO2s in the T8 Magazines and put them away.

I leave 6 mags aired up at all times and use it as a side arm each day of play. Most days it doesn't even come out of the holster. When I do shoot it, it's on a CO2 that's probably been pierced for months.
motherboard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:27 PM #11
hardboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman View Post
Tiberius is a vastly superior pistol over the Tipx.
I've used both.
I have both of them. I love my Tiberius. But I would have to go with the Tipx. Easier to clean and after dialing in the CO2 screw locknut. You can put in the hammer modication it will accept F\S rounds with Zetamags. You can also screw in a air adapter for remote lines. You cant do this with the Tiberius. That's why I think the TIPX is a better pistol.
The Black Korps
hardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:30 PM #12
hardboy

Also you really have to stay on top of the Tiberius magazines. You MUST keep the CO2 valves cleaned and oiled at all times!!!!Or they wont work!!!
The Black Korps
hardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:16 PM #13
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardboy View Post
Also you really have to stay on top of the Tiberius magazines. You MUST keep the CO2 valves cleaned and oiled at all times!!!!Or they wont work!!!
A..god forbid someone may need to find te half second to put a tiny drop of oil on the mag...

B..not all together true..
I have two T8.1s and 16 mags.. Honestly can't recall the last time I had to put a drop of oil on them despite having played in and dropped mags into what would easily be some of the nastiest mud i played in..

I'm not saying to completely neglect your gear but I am saying a drop of oil once in a blue moon isn't a big deal over a mag that doesn't need a drop of oil and not oiling it once and a while won't make thm iseless unless completely neglected

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:58 PM #14
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardboy View Post
I have both of them. I love my Tiberius. But I would have to go with the Tipx. Easier to clean and after dialing in the CO2 screw locknut. You can put in the hammer modication it will accept F\S rounds with Zetamags. You can also screw in a air adapter for remote lines. You cant do this with the Tiberius. That's why I think the TIPX is a better pistol.
Tiberius markers also have two options for constant air..

A through mag adapter or an adapter that installs on the back if the pistol..
Also already comes with fsr capability ..

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:12 PM #15
nemnem9

i prefer tipx
nemnem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:51 AM #16
Tombstone82

Annual Supporting Member
Tombstone82 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Smile

I've never used a T8, but I've handled a few and didn't care for the way they felt. I do own Tpx, IMO nothing beats Tippmann's legendary craftsmanship. I've dropped this marker so many times, and it's always performed like nothing ever happened.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:27 AM #17
moosehead38
Cpt. Rooster

moosehead38 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone82 View Post
I've never used a T8, but I've handled a few and didn't care for the way they felt. I do own Tpx, IMO nothing beats Tippmann's legendary craftsmanship. I've dropped this marker so many times, and it's always performed like nothing ever happened.
^^ I agree. Tippmann makes some hardcore reliable hardware. I've had my A5 for 6 years and it's still flawless. I expect the same out of all of their products, including the Tipx.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:02 PM #18
Henchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead38 View Post
. I've had my A5 for 6 years and it's still flawless. I expect the same out of all of their products, including the Tipx.
And you would be wrong.
Yes, the A5 is a tank. So is the 98.
The phenom is junk, I had three. And they always failed and were back at tippmann. Sold them all.
Tipx. Unreliable. Massive velocity swings.
If to can't get yoir design that's supposed to be built for Co2 cartridges to shoit safe velocities, then you shouldn't release it.
Mine would go from 245 to 315-320
Old 06-14-2014, 08:29 AM #19
Reloadro
Phantom Lords

I've owned and used both for significant periods. I far prefer the tpx, but it is about the mags and weight, not about the marker itself. This is essentially the decision you have to make. There do seem to be some lemons out there as far as the tpx goes. I don't really know what the percentages are, as of course y ou hear more about the ones that have problems than the ones that work perfectly.

Both markers have their problems and quirks. My feeling is that if you want to carry a lot of mags (like 5+), tpx wins. If not, the Tiberius has a lot of advantages. Air in the mag is great, and quick remove barrel is great. Grip frame may be too big for some. Maintenance between both is pretty much a draw, nether is difficult, you get used to one, it's quick.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:29 PM #20
Unholy780
UHOLY

Annual Supporting Member
Unholy780 is playing at Living Legends VII
Unholy780 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Unholy780 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Unholy780 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Unholy780 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Unholy780 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
tpx easy right?
$$$$ CASH IS READY$$$$
!!!!!OFFER UP!!!!
TXT 587-589-5150
Unholy780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:04 PM #21
Mounts137

The only great advantage that the T8.1 has over the Tipx is that the Co2 cartridge is in the mag. On the third mag with the Tipx you have to change your mag and the Co2 so that sucks but with the Co2 in the mag with the T8.1 you don't have to worry about that. the bad thing is you have to pay $30 for one mag with the T8.1 so it gets pricy. However, you can shoot first strikes out of the box with the T8.1 (not that anyone really does that I know of) but with the Tipx you have to get a first strike adapter which runs around $25-$30 so if first strikes are important to you in your pistol then take that into consideration.
Mounts137 is offline   Reply With Quote