paintball.KID
airborne

paintball.KID plays in the PSP
paintball.KID owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintball.KID supports Team VICIOUS
paintball.KID supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdudecm View Post
Yeah, we need to try some different things and see what works. We are planning on playing again next Thursday, so we hope to see you out there.

Okay sweet, yeah I was gonna say I wont be able to make it this week but the next Thursday I don't see why not. Hopefully all my gear is here by then or at least the main stuff.
gear sale
paintball.KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2014, 12:06 AM #23
impygimpy247
i dont like rap

has been a member for 10 years
impygimpy247 plays in the PSP
impygimpy247 plays in the APPA D4 division
I want in on a thursday night practice (with paint). This place looks really nice.
impygimpy247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:55 PM #24
paintball.KID
airborne

I am going to try and make it out this Thursday hopefully house hold goods and some of my gear will arrive in time, I know I have some gear showing up today but not sure what it is and the rest Thursday but probably not in time. Im definitely wanting to try and find a spot on a team and get back into some tourney play ))
gear sale
Old 07-07-2014, 02:58 PM #25
paintball.KID
airborne

Quote:
It's still reball for rec players but we've had 2 practices with paint. Now we just need to find a way to clean the turf.
if needed I will be willing to stay later on Thursdays and weekends and help clean up the paint and anything else, also ref the games for rec players... idk who i'd need to talk to?
gear sale
Old 07-07-2014, 03:31 PM #26
eastcoastballerz

what time are yall usually practicing on thursdays?
Old 07-08-2014, 05:30 PM #27
weston579

Around 6 and this week is a go just contact paintballdudecm or me so we can get a count on players.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:28 PM #28
j05hu41990

Count me me in then if yall are playing tomorrow....
j05hu41990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:20 PM #29
weston579

will do

Last edited by weston579 : 07-10-2014 at 06:31 AM.
weston579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:07 PM #30
paintballdudecm

paintballdudecm owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballdudecm is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Will do*
Old 07-10-2014, 08:45 PM #31
impygimpy247
i dont like rap

I have practice at Big Indian this weekend but im going to bring my gear back so I can play next thursday.

Weston this is Rex from Xodus and Rush Factory back in the day. Just got back into the sport about 8 months ago. Happy to see something local.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:46 PM #32
paintball.KID
airborne

Hopefully I can keep this short and sweet but anyways,

Tonight was my first time every playing paintball at this field, I wasn't too sure exactly what I was walking into before I got there. Once I got there and went inside with James who works there, we walked the field. My first thought was holy **** this place has literally the perfect turf GRADE A+++ turf no doubt about it. The bunkers were perfect not some thrown together bunkers with patch's. This place has an amazing setup and can only get bigger and better. After speaking with the owner Jerry, it sounds like he wants nothing but success for his field, like any field owner, but he needs help.... OUR help as players, word of mouth, promote this place, stop by and check it out, check out the staff. If your not into speedball they've got a field for rec players that has some nice big buildings. I drove about just over an hour to play here tonight and it was one of my better decisions. The guys I played with were nice and I believe we had some fun.

Statesboro Paintball, definitely has my vote and I would love to make and keep this to be my home field. I will definitely be doing everything I can to promote this place and get people to play here because it can only get bigger and better like I said.

Ohh one last thing, as of right now its reball, but the owner is trying out real paint, make a call to them and ask if they still are doing real paint and that's why you want to play there, keep the real paint.. More players, more paint, more profit makes everyone happy.

To the guys who I played with tonight and helped out on gear I appreciate it!!
gear sale
Old 07-11-2014, 11:06 AM #33
ZachSh30

ZachSh30 plays in the PSP
ZachSh30 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ZachSh30 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ZachSh30 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by impygimpy247 View Post
I have practice at Big Indian this weekend but im going to bring my gear back so I can play next thursday.

Weston this is Rex from Xodus and Rush Factory back in the day. Just got back into the sport about 8 months ago. Happy to see something local.
Rex it's Zach I should be able to go out there Thursday. We'll talk about it Sunday at BIP.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:12 PM #34
weston579

Rex were playing on thee 19tt if you want in, pm me for details
Old 07-13-2014, 05:19 PM #35
ZachSh30

Quote:
Originally Posted by weston579 View Post
Rex were playing on thee 19tt if you want in, pm me for details
Anything happening this Thursday night
Old 07-13-2014, 06:41 PM #36
paintballdudecm

Unfortunately we will not be holding practice anymore. The owner has decided that the paint is too messy and he is worried about messing up the turf. I have tried all I can to convince him otherwise, but he is very persistent on keeping the turf clean. He will allow paint on a new field that will be opening at the beginning of August. It will be a sawdust field and will have buildings, a bus, etc. I know this is probably not what interests you guys, so feel free to contact Jerry and tell him that Statesboro needs a true speedball field. I am pleased with the amount of good players that are around the area. Hopefully we can find another place to play and continue to grow the community. Thanks to everyone who came out and played.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:30 PM #37
paintball.KID
airborne

Quote:
Unfortunately we will not be holding practice anymore. The owner has decided that the paint is too messy and he is worried about messing up the turf. I have tried all I can to convince him otherwise, but he is very persistent on keeping the turf clean. He will allow paint on a new field that will be opening at the beginning of August. It will be a sawdust field and will have buildings, a bus, etc. I know this is probably not what interests you guys, so feel free to contact Jerry and tell him that Statesboro needs a true speedball field. I am pleased with the amount of good players that are around the area. Hopefully we can find another place to play and continue to grow the community. Thanks to everyone who came out and played.
This is very sad to hear. The owner really has NO idea what he has here, he has some of the best turf and bunkers and doesn't realize what he could do. He has the ability to turn Statesboro Paintball into a major playing ground, he can very well host many tournaments if he played his cards right. People if you have played here with real paint, or even played here with reballs and want to use real paint you need to call him and express your wants. Just like everything else in life the biggest way to promote something is word of mouth, I am doing my part to promote this place and get Jerry the business, I have only played here twice; once with real paint and today with reballs. I was not happy with todays outcome, there was me and another player that I brought with me. We were not even able to play 100% because rotors wouldn't cycle or the balls would just drop off. Never the less I still had a good time. I am very soon going to have a large group of near 100 player come out, and I am hoping that with a vast majority of them pushing the issue of wanting real paint on that speedball course he will start to rethink his decision. I am going to call Jerry this week and hopefully sit down with him and try to come to some sort of agreement.

The area needs this place, the players need this place, you have to voice your opinion and he needs to hear it. Give him a call..
gear sale
Old 07-13-2014, 07:53 PM #38
impygimpy247
i dont like rap

I was surprised to hear yall were having practice out there with real paint, as when it first opened I contacted him and he said no way.

That sucks. I understand what he is trying to do though and it is actually a pretty smart concept from a business standpoint, but calling it Statesboro Paintball is false advertising if they wont allow real paint.

Unfortunate because it is a great facility from what ive seen and heard. I am hoping that eventually his mind will change. There has to be some sort of equipment out there designed to clean turf - maybe the players could pitch in to help purchase whatever equipment is needed.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:13 PM #39
paintballdudecm

It took a lot of convincing for the practices to happen and they were always a trial run. The original idea was to open an outdoor field and move speedball out there. He couldn't get the zoning worked out so it bacame an indoor field. He doesn't understand the speeball market and honestly believes everyone will want to play on sawdust (which will be dangerous to slide on). I am moving back home to Douglasville, so it's out of my hands now. I know the demand for a nice field is there and with some help, hopefully it will open again.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:36 PM #40
weston579

I'm just glad there is still some interest after being told no paint, however with people asking for paint he will give in with time.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:45 AM #41
ZachSh30

Nothing like some good ol' scenario paintball......
Old 07-15-2014, 12:03 PM #42
j05hu41990

I had fun at the practice I went to, its a bummer he won't let us continue to shoot real paint on it. I'll at least call and leave a message and help try to change his mind.
j05hu41990 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups