Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-02-2014, 01:42 AM #1
swiftwind21101

Could use some help with my etek 4

So I have only been paintballing a couple of times loved it, bought a new etek 4, dye rotor and carbon fiber compressed air tank, and I have just got them all. Only used the gun once but never the tank or rotor yet. So I am going to the super game this weekend, but wanted to make sure my gun worked after I disassembled and reassembled it, and sadly it is not working =(

So I watched a video of how to take it apart and reassemble it and I think I did everything right. Everything seems to be working however when I pulled the trigger, it makes the firing sound but balls just roll out of the barrel sometimes 10 at time. Instead of actually firing with real velocity they pretty much just tumble out. The bolt moves so I am assuming it is being fed by the z2. It just feels like there is a lack of pressure somewhere to actually give the balls velocity/force.
swiftwind21101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2014, 03:19 PM #2
jahlad
Emortal

has been a member for 10 years
pretty hard to diagnose without a little more info but my best guess is that as you have disassembled it you have the ram housing in upside down or the bolt pin is in upside down, sounds like each trigger pull is just stacking paint into the barrel.
first rule out the bolt, pull the pin up and slide it out of the marker and look at the bottom of the bolt, you should see the air hole there, if its on the top then the bolt is upside down, if it is correct then i would suspect the ram housing is upside down. when you put it back in make sure the air hole is at the top. read throught the manual before you go at it then you need to remove and check the ram housing is correct and reassemble.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:20 PM #3
Garrett_paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwind21101 View Post
So I have only been paintballing a couple of times loved it, bought a new etek 4, dye rotor and carbon fiber compressed air tank, and I have just got them all. Only used the gun once but never the tank or rotor yet. So I am going to the super game this weekend, but wanted to make sure my gun worked after I disassembled and reassembled it, and sadly it is not working =( So I watched a video of how to take it apart and reassemble it and I think I did everything right. Everything seems to be working however when I pulled the trigger, it makes the firing sound but balls just roll out of the barrel sometimes 10 at time. Instead of actually firing with real velocity they pretty much just tumble out. The bolt moves so I am assuming it is being fed by the z2. It just feels like there is a lack of pressure somewhere to actually give the balls velocity/force.
Im sorry to break some bad news to you but when disassembling it you probably broke the
Soleinold which is 160 dollars the reason I say that is the first time I dissembled it I did that.
Garrett_paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:14 AM #4
aarospoon13
Isaiah 41:10

Annual Supporting Member
aarospoon13 is BST Trusted
aarospoon13 is playing at Living Legends VII
aarospoon13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwind21101 View Post
So I have only been paintballing a couple of times loved it, bought a new etek 4, dye rotor and carbon fiber compressed air tank, and I have just got them all. Only used the gun once but never the tank or rotor yet. So I am going to the super game this weekend, but wanted to make sure my gun worked after I disassembled and reassembled it, and sadly it is not working =( So I watched a video of how to take it apart and reassemble it and I think I did everything right. Everything seems to be working however when I pulled the trigger, it makes the firing sound but balls just roll out of the barrel sometimes 10 at time. Instead of actually firing with real velocity they pretty much just tumble out. The bolt moves so I am assuming it is being fed by the z2. It just feels like there is a lack of pressure somewhere to actually give the balls velocity/force.
Hustle paintball has a good video of the entire breakdown and you can look at the components and double check how it all seems compared to yours. It could be your regulators even? Hopefully not the solenoid as ^^ said. Good luck man, and also a tip is to not take it apart and lube it up after every game - there's no benefit to that. Maybe every few cases of paint, but for the most part you'd just need to run a swab and maybe oil and lube the bolt and zic2 respectfully.

Good luck!!

http://youtu.be/k583NOsIQcc

LOADOUT 1: Black 2014 Machine Vapor * Ninja 50/4500 * Machine Gear/Pinokio PL250/400 * Black/White Exalt accessories * Vforce Profiler/Sly Profits
Home Field: TXR Paintball
Everything a newbie needs to know - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3655911

WTT/WTS In Hydro 68/4500 W Ninja Reg and Exalt Cover
aarospoon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:58 PM #5
raitheslacker
SLACK3RRR

raitheslacker is playing at Living Legends VII
raitheslacker owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
raitheslacker has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahlad View Post
pretty hard to diagnose without a little more info but my best guess is that as you have disassembled it you have the ram housing in upside down or the bolt pin is in upside down, sounds like each trigger pull is just stacking paint into the barrel.
first rule out the bolt, pull the pin up and slide it out of the marker and look at the bottom of the bolt, you should see the air hole there, if its on the top then the bolt is upside down, if it is correct then i would suspect the ram housing is upside down. when you put it back in make sure the air hole is at the top. read throught the manual before you go at it then you need to remove and check the ram housing is correct and reassemble.
This happened to me once. If the bolt is upside down you'll feel air come out the back of the bolt.
raitheslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:15 AM #6
CrusaderPB
Field, Pro Shop & Repairs

Annual Supporting Member
CrusaderPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CrusaderPB supports Bob Gurnsey
CrusaderPB supports our troops
CrusaderPB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrusaderPB has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
CrusaderPB supports Empire
You said you watched a video to take it apart... how "apart" did you go? May just want to contact your local service center for help on this one. It looks like Wicked Sports is your closest: service@wickedsports.com
Now a Planet Eclipse Service Center

Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Subscribe to our Thread!
CrusaderPB is offline   Reply With Quote