Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-27-2014, 06:30 PM #22
nj6964

I played with the new NME yesterday and it shot great, a bit bulky but not so bad.

I tried changing the firing mode and found that this must be one of he older NMEs (though it has an impulse feedneck). It doesn't have programming mode for firing mode. The original manual also doesn't list directions for changing firing mode.

Is there any way to update the board? Currently I don't play a lot of speed all but if I did, I'd like to compete and use ramping. What's the easiest/cheapest way to get the gun to be able to ramp?
nj6964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2014, 07:28 PM #23
tacxplosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj6964 View Post
Is there any way to update the board? Currently I don't play a lot of speed all but if I did, I'd like to compete and use ramping. What's the easiest/cheapest way to get the gun to be able to ramp?
You can try intimidator owners group, they have a free WAS board flashing service (for codes 2.6 and up) for members, hopefully the equalink works on NME boards (though I can't see why it shouldn't).
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:28 PM #24
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
I can flash your board for you, and will do it for free. If it's a WAS board, I can updated it to the latest. Keep in mind though, even the latest flash on the WAS board may not have modes that meet your needs due to the ever changing PSP ROF rules.

Honestly, your best bet is to pick up a PMR board and put it in. It's fairly easy to do. I can post some pictures of that particular setup this evening. The PMR board is fairly cheap. You can get a Virtue board for around $35 (select Proto Rail/PM7) here:

http://www.virtuepb.com/site/redefined-led-boards/
Old 05-29-2014, 02:54 AM #25
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
Actually, when I said PMR board, I meant Etek 2 board (although I think a PMR board could work to!). It drops right in, and the power switch even lines up. You do have to either splice new connectors onto your existing trigger, eye, and solenoid wire harnesses. It can be a little easier if you purchase an etek trigger and eyes but you would still have to splice a new connector onto the solenoid wires (not that hard).

Here is a quick video of an Etek board in my NME being turned on:

Last edited by tjs0349 : 05-29-2014 at 03:00 AM.
tjs0349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:02 AM #26
nj6964

Thank you for the offer. I'm not so concerned with meeting PSP rules, since I'm not playing in any official tournaments. I just want the option to ramp when I play local tourneys or rec speedball.

Does the latest flash on the WAS board have ramping as a firing mode?

I would be glad to ship the board to you and pay for return shipping as long as you feel confident that this will work. Thanks again!

**Edit, I know BST are not meant for this board but I figured you are the only folks who are interested in NMEs, does anyone have any interest in purchasing the marker (dust black). It's in great shape and the previous owner only put 3-4 cases through it. I shot half a case this weekend and had no issues, breaks, or chops. I like how it plays but I wish it was a little lighter. I'm looking for an NME LE if anyone has one they'd like to part with edit***

Last edited by nj6964 : 05-29-2014 at 10:05 AM.
nj6964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:01 PM #27
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
It does have ramping. PM me if you want to work out the details. I've done this for other folks (not recently) and I think there are messages in this forum about it.

I already have three NMEs, so don't need another ;-) As far as weight, the LE is not noticeably lighter. I have both LE's and standards. The only weight taken off is due to the window in the ram tube and the macro line instead of steel braided. You're arm won't feel the difference between the two.

If you are looking for a lighter marker that performs very well, the Angel A1 is a nice option. Same boat as the NME, re-sale prices have tanked because the manufacturer went out of business. It's a much newer marker than the NME though, so it performs a lot better and is smaller and lighter. I just picked one up for my nephew for $180 shipped on eBay.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:52 PM #28
dragon6g
I shoot dead people

Man I got my 2 NMEs. and I can give them away!! I just want to clean out some guns I guess Im gonna end up keeping them. I dont need the $$$ I just want to get them to someone that wants them..
take everything in my sig cheap ! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4189113
Check out our team website
http://www.wix.com/hellbringer120/Resistance
dragon6g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:27 PM #29
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 supports Empire
Best bet it to put them on e-bay. You won't get much for them. Maybe $150 - $200. NMEs are circa 2005 at this point. Almost 15 years old. No resale value.

They still shoot good, but they are big and heavy, and hard to find parts for (unless you convert to Intimidator parts), and the firing mods don't match current tournament rules. There are better options for most people looking to find a cheap starter marker.