Old 04-30-2014, 01:54 PM #1
PaintballAccess

Annual Supporting Member
PaintballAccess plays in the PSP
PaintballAccess posts videos on PbNation
PaintballAccess has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
PaintballAccess is a videographer
PBA Host Matty Marshall comments on PPV Webcast

5/2/14 9AM EST -The login server is currently experiencing an overload. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve the issue. Once the issue is resolved all matches will be available on DVR.

Register and pay here
http://www.paintballaccess.com/live/

From PBA Host Matty Marshall:

Due to market realities we have to start charging for the webcast. There is no other way forward at this time. We apologize for the timing, but we have done all we can to make the webcast available to the fans for free. Outside sponsors (the holy grail the industry has been searching for) do not have interest at this time. PBA and the biggest companies in the industry have come together in order to pitch in and provide top-notch content, and the best show in the business. For two years we were able to make this happen. But the combined might of the industry hasn’t been able to keep this level of broadcast available for free. In order to keep producing an internet broadcast of this scope and magnitude, in order to keep showcasing the best players and teams in world, we have to start charging. To spell it out crystal clear for those who may not understand the reality of the situation, that may think we (PBA) are making money: WE ARE NOT.

We are doing nothing more than trying to find a way to make a paintball show work over the long term, to make it sustainable. We are doing this for you, the fan. And to create more fans. And for the players who deserve the recognition mainstream society doesn’t give them. And for the sport itself, creating elements that are needed to give the sport a fighting chance out in a world full of distractions, obligations, and competing activities. We are not printing money over here despite what some uneducated trolls might say. When we went to the Pay Per View model on Sunday for the first event, people who do not understand the harsh realities of the financial cost an undertaking of this magnitude incurs, thought the industry should be bearing the brunt of that cost. They have, to the best of their ability. The companies who could, and who believe in the project, have helped greatly, and they still are. But it is not enough.

Though we are asking for your financial support, consider this your chance to help progress the sport. Without money, nothing happens, nothing moves. Without enough support even the best things will come to end. If everyone who watched the webcast for the past two years bought the feed, the sport would change for the better forever. You would get to see angles and insights, depth of story, you have never seen before. We would be able to produce more events and more content. We provide around 30 hours of content over three days, and we do this for as inexpensive as a professional production can get. We aren’t running a charity; you get something for your hard earned dollars. But you should also feel good about where the money is going. All we are asking for is about the price of movie ticket. I’d say that’s a pretty good bang for your buck.

Everyone has heard the saying, “You get what you pay for.” If people won’t pay for a great product that everyone seems to love, then nothing is what you will eventually get. Or a severely decapitated broadcast, and a sport that has very little chance of continuing its trajectory forward towards mainstream acceptance. Great progress has been made: for the first time in over ten years all the best teams in the world are playing in one league, and you get to watch every move, learn from and be entertained by, the very best paintball has to offer. Paintball statistics exist now, and for the first time ever you can actually determine who the best players are concretely. You can use these stats to play fantasy paintball, pick your favorite players and follow them through their tournament performance throughout the season. No stats, no sport. No support, no stats. Stats alone are about $8,000 an event.

We have made great strides in the past two years, countless hours by many, many people have been worked, and there is much more to be done. That’s where you come in. Help us help the sport. Spread the word, fight the “I want everything in the world for free” trolls, send this message far and wide, and get others you know who believe in the same dream we do to contribute, so we can make this a sustainable reality. The only reason PBA exists is to bring you onto the field, in the pits, into the lives of the players who dedicate themselves to being the best and define the sport we all love so much. But the potency of paintball’s push into the world will only be a mighty as our collective strength. Nothing is free. You all have a choice: help support the people who devote their lives to pushing the sport forward by fighting for the cause with what ever influence you have, or throw uneducated hate into the public arena, and set the sport back. It’s a real choice, every negative comment from a person who demands they should get things for free could feed another person who also doesn't understand the meat hook realities of this life.

I wish I didn't have to write this and that the economy was better. I wish the mainstream companies could understand the power behind the paintball world and our demographic. I wish some people didn't think omnipotent benevolent gift angels descend from the heavens delivering free finished products for the world to consume. I wish I didn't have to, after 20 years in the game and devoting my life to trying to make people understand why paintball is so profound, and still have to say during random conversations, “No, not pro ping pong. Pro Paintball.”, with a sad inner sigh.

But wishing is for fools. Work and effort is what moves things forward. Please give fuel to the engines doing work. Again, spread the word, fight the trolls, so maybe your ten year old who just got into the game won’t have to. And maybe, just maybe, our sport will get the respect it deserves someday. As much as it hurts me to say it after all the miles traveled, tears spilt, knees destroyed, battles fought, and sleep lost: that day is not today; we are still at work on the foundation.

If I've learned anything over the past 20 years in this sport it is this: Paintball will only move forward because of its grassroots strength. So tear us down or help us build towards a better day, the choice is yours. Let’s show everyone how strong we really are.

It’s $9.95 for Friday, and $19.95 for all three days weekend with the ability to re-watch the event for 30 days. Please head to Paintballaccess.com to sign up; we have a much easier, user friendly interface for payments. And have fixed the technical issues that emerged at the Dallas event for the stream.

Thanks for you support.

-Matty Marshall

Live Webcast Link: www.pbaccess.com/live

Other Notes:

- HD is included, but SD is also available if your connection can't keep up.
- Those who purchase the weekend pass will be able to watch all three days of streams on PaintballAccess.com for 30 days after the original broadcast.

Last edited by PaintballAccess : 05-02-2014 at 08:37 AM.
PaintballAccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2014, 02:00 PM #2
Swantonbomboy

Annual Supporting Member
Swantonbomboy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Swantonbomboy plays in the PSP
Swantonbomboy plays in the APPA D4 division
Swantonbomboy is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
unfortunate but not unexpected.

Hoping players will reach into their pockets and help support the great coverage which PBA has been providing. The webcast and its content truly is a step up from anything paintball has ever brought to the fan in the past.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:02 PM #3
jlj37592
yes means yes

Annual Supporting Member
jlj37592 works for a Paintball manufacturer
jlj37592 donated to help Peyton Trent
jlj37592 supports our troops
jlj37592 plays in the APPA beginner division
jlj37592 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jlj37592 is Boss
jlj37592 supports DLX Technology
The PBA webcast is well worth the $19.95 charge. Support our sport!
jlj37592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:03 PM #4
Skipdogg

Thanks for the hard work so far. Based on this thread I will most likly get the webcast this weekend, even though I had not planned on it. Put up or shut up is what i say.
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:05 PM #5
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player

I can assure anyone reading this and complaining about paying for MAO that just one day spent working the webcast will change your tune in a hurry. There's an incredible amount of time, work, and money that goes into broadcasting an extensive program like this. Anyone that's worked the webcast will tell you that it's incredible they made it this far without charging for full weekends, especially given the constant improvements to content as well as equipment upgrades. The scale of this operation is so far beyond what anyone on the outside could imagine.

It's even more important to understand the significance of keeping this broadcast up and running. Without PBA, tournament paintball would once again be reduced to crappy cell phone videos put up on youtube and the occasional highlight video only a few minutes long. This is the production that shows outsiders tournament paintball is a serious endeavor. This is the production that shows outside companies, in time, that paintball can be covered in a live context without sacrificing quality. Losing PBA, or making significant cutbacks to bring it back inside a smaller budget, is taking huge leaps backward in the advancement of our sport. You don't have to come up with $20 on your own. Get your friends and teammates to pitch in, grab some beers, and enjoy your weekend at home. It'll only cost a few dollars each and it's well worth it. Like all things in life, especially in paintball, you won't truly realize what you have until it's gone. Do your part and keep PBA around.

Last edited by eforce : 04-30-2014 at 02:11 PM. Reason: .
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:09 PM #6
ka-titties
They call me D1

ka-titties plays in the APPA D4 division
ka-titties has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ka-titties supports DLX Technology
ka-titties supports Empire
I completely understand the need for a payment system.

Since its all pay-to-view now, will it all be in HD?

APGOB.com Mississippi MEERKATS! D4
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:16 PM #7
sumorai
FRENCHIE

Annual Supporting Member
sumorai is a Supporting Member
sumorai plays in the PSP
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VII
sumorai supports our troops
sumorai has perfected Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
You've got my $20. Well worth it. There is no single greater media coverage for paintball than PBA. I hope it never goes away.

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
sumorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:18 PM #8
PaintballAccess

Annual Supporting Member
PaintballAccess plays in the PSP
PaintballAccess posts videos on PbNation
PaintballAccess has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
PaintballAccess is a videographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
Since its all pay-to-view now, will it all be in HD?
Yes, although there will still be a SD option if your connection can't support HD.
PaintballAccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:24 PM #9
Hannibal
Legacy

Hannibal plays in the PSP
Hannibal supports Empire
Matty has supported our sport for a long time. Let's help him and the PBA crew keep this going. You had my $20 before I even opened the thread bro. Thanks for all you do!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:24 PM #10
RORplayer44
still a joke

Annual Supporting Member
RORplayer44 is a Supporting Member
RORplayer44 plays in the PSP
RORplayer44 plays in the APPA D4 division
saddening message. I wonder what the traffic is like on the webcast .. apls was successful and they have an much smaller following. why aren't they on a normal streaming site? why is the psp spamming my inbox full of 'buy this' and not watch this webcast? why do they not have all social media aligned pointing at the webcast? not gonna open my wallet so fast...
Old 04-30-2014, 02:30 PM #11
Ocatio

What does this mean for VOD users? Will tournament content be freely available after the 30 days?
Ocatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:34 PM #12
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by RORplayer44 View Post
saddening message. I wonder what the traffic is like on the webcast .. apls was successful and they have an much smaller following. why aren't they on a normal streaming site? why is the psp spamming my inbox full of 'buy this' and not watch this webcast? why do they not have all social media aligned pointing at the webcast? not gonna open my wallet so fast...
We don't need to make this APL vs PSP/PBA, so let's just leave it at this: there were some rather substantial differences in the level of productions between the two leagues.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:37 PM #13
Razgriz8484

Razgriz8484 plays in the PSP
Razgriz8484 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Razgriz8484 plays in the APPA D4 division
I'll be at the event reffing but will gladly buy this for other events that I'm not able to attend
Old 04-30-2014, 02:45 PM #14
Committed Paintball
COMMITTEDPAINTBALL.COM

Annual Supporting Member
Committed Paintball is BST Trusted
Committed Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Committed Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Committed Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Committed Paintball has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Committed Paintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
We don't need to make this APL vs PSP/PBA, so let's just leave it at this: there were some rather substantial differences in the level of productions between the two leagues.
I think the big difference is that most people want to watch paintball, not a circus.
Check out the Committed Facebook for updates on all of our projects and product releases.
Committed Paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:45 PM #15
Iowa
Shooting ropes at dopes

Annual Supporting Member
Iowa is BST Legit
Iowa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Iowa supports Team VICIOUS
That was a well constructed wake up call that I hope is widely reviewed. It's a good reminder of the issues PBA faces, issues too many have neglected to ever think about.

I'm happy to pay for the broadcast and will continue to pay for the quality coverage PBA provides.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:51 PM #16
tall white guy
^I regret this^

Annual Supporting Member
tall white guy is an NCPA player
tall white guy plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocatio View Post
What does this mean for VOD users? Will tournament content be freely available after the 30 days?
I am also curious to hear the answer to this.

Regardless, the production is well worth the cost, and I'm glad PBA released a statement rather than springing it on us during the weekend.
tall white guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:52 PM #17
rjs21

Annual Supporting Member
rjs21 donated to help Peyton Trent
rjs21 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Take that free trolls. That's $7 for 8 hours of entertainment. A deal in my book.

RISK IT CLOTHING
rjs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:52 PM #18
scarface478

scarface478 plays in the PSP
scarface478 is an NCPA player
If floyd money mayweather can make $73 million because of PPV, lets help develop the sport of paintball and its media coverage by paying for views
Old 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM #19
f8al
BOOBY GT FOUNDER

f8al plays in the PSP
f8al donated to help Peyton Trent
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
f8al owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
f8al posts videos on PbNation
f8al supports our troops
Saw it coming, will gladly pay. Matty and crew do a stellar job and it can't be cheap for all that equipment.
Email Me For All Your Paintball Needs

My posts are my thoughts and mine alone and should be interpreted as such. They do not reflect the company I work for or any companies I represent.
f8al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM #20
rjs21

Annual Supporting Member
rjs21 donated to help Peyton Trent
rjs21 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Also when will be able to buy PBA shirts?

RISK IT CLOTHING
rjs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:55 PM #21
DI*killa

DI*killa is a Professional paintball player
DI*killa plays in the PSP
DI*killa donated to help Peyton Trent
DI*killa is an NCPA player
DI*killa plays in the APPA Pro division
I will be playing and paying!

Thank you to PBA for giving it your all in making this become a reality. Something we didn't have 4 years ago.

$19.95? Sold.

CHATTANOOGA CEP
Robbie Goldsmith #14
DYE - KEE
DI*killa is offline   Reply With Quote