Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-29-2014, 08:01 PM #1
ntrstyrant

Etek 1 inconsistant velocity

I recently got back into paintball and I have been having issues with my stock Etek. It is the first version of the marker. When I shooting Ive got bad velocity drop. It'll shoot 280 278 120 150 250 281. Its basically all over the place. Ive gone through previous threads and checked just about everything.

1) I reset the board to factory dwell.
2) I cleaned and lubed the LPR and HPR. The LPR has both gold springs and looks like the piston is in good shape. All the parts of the LPR are in the right order and the set screw is flush with the tip of the cap. The HPR has all the spring shims in the right arrangement and the piston also appears to be fine. The HPR adjustment screw set 5 turns in(stock).
3) I tested the gun with multiple tanks, but got the same inconsistent velocity.
4) Took apart the solenoid and lubed it and made sure the microlines attached solenoid are clear of debris and the barbs are all in shape.
5) Checked and oiled all the o-rings on the rammer.
6) Checked and lubed all the o-rings on the rammer housing.
7) Cleaned and lubed the exhaust valve.
8) Cleaned and lubed the o-rings between the front regulator mount and body.

At this point I am all out of ideas.

If any one has any suggestions I would really appreciated it.

Thanks for the help.
ntrstyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2014, 12:37 AM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Could simply be bad paint. Or a paint/barrel bore combo.

You said your LPR had both gold springs? One should be larger than the other if my memory is accurate. The larger one on the piston stem, the smaller one riding on the adjustment screw.

Make sure your asa screw isn't screwed on too far and blocking air flow. Those earlier stock asa's have only one small air hole inlet so flow could be an issue.

Your gun battery may not be any good. It may have enough voltage, but not be outputting enough current to keep up with demand. Try a fresh one from a new pack to make sure.

That gun probably has a lot of cycles on it. The regulator piston seat in the HPR or LPR or both may simply need to be changed. They do wear out over time.

Make sure your valve spring is seated properly, and not crooked.

My guess is it's the paint, or the battery.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote