ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-24-2014, 07:07 PM #1
Kirko017

Kirko017 plays in the PSP
Kirko017 posts videos on PbNation
Kirko017 is an NCPA player
Kirko017 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ohio-based PSP team for Chicago.

I am looking to put together a top-tier Ohio-based PSP team for Chicago and potentially onwards.

The team will be using a different practice structure. I want to move the concentration away from playing x amount of points that generally lack purpose to more constructive, fundamental and team building practices. We will be doing different things each practice, but everything done in practice will be efficient, and serve a specific purpose to exponentially improve the team each practice.

The way the team will prepare once the layout is released will be different as well and serve more direct purposes that will go hand in hand with the layout.

When at the event, the team will be focused and constructive, doing more than the average teams to better our odds in advancing further in the later rounds to bring home a win.

With being a top-tier team, there will be certain physical expectations in order to play. And no one is the perfect player, so you will also be expected to be able to positively deal with sometimes harsh constructive criticism in practice and at the tournament.

The team will play D2 or D1 given everyone's preference. If you're afraid of the competition, or feel you're not ready. Please don't waste my time.

Practices leading up to Chicago will most likely take place either at Dropzone or Xcape given how much time we have available at each field to fill our needs for that practice.

More details will be discussed furthermore once everything gets moving. If interested, feel free to PM me and add me on Facebook, Kiril Grozdanovski. After there is enough interest, I would like to start practicing the 2nd or 3rd week of May.

Thanks for your time, looking forward to hearing from you.
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2014, 10:20 PM #2
Domc36-1

Domc36-1 donated to help Peyton Trent
Domc36-1 plays in the APPA D5 division
Domc36-1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Domc36-1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What exactly does the "different practice structure" entail?
Domc36-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:10 AM #3
Kirko017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domc36-1 View Post
What exactly does the "different practice structure" entail?
Well in order to realize what's so different. Let's look at the current status of the typical paintball practices.

What's the majority of teams doing? Majority of teams, they go to the field. Gear up, buy their cases of paint. They play x amount(of basically recball) points until paint is out. Go home.

Now sometimes if it is a little more constructive it will actually be a scrimmage with timed matches. But how seriously are those matches taken by each player? Is little Jimmy who plays the snake corner just slinging paint towards the back center as he runs out, or are his shots actually dialed in and focused on shooting that stream accurately to the corner each and every time. How many times has he practiced that run and that shot before this scrimmage? Does he always play the corner, or just for this layout used in this practice, that isn't even the layout for the upcoming tournament?

Idk, I've played a lot of sports in my time, and even applying other life experiences, logically this just does not seem that effective at all. And from what I have experienced and witnessed, it isn't.

Thus, I want to completely remove this type of practicing for this team. I want to take aspects from other sports, how top players and teams prepare and import them into paintball. Things such as breaking down the complexity of the game, working on certain aspects to improve the overall performance come game day.

If you ever watch Payton Manning, he doesn't just chuck balls down the field in practice. He learns how his teammates move, he breaks down the play, he gets mathematical timings down in his head when and where players will be to understand windows of opportunity and how to create them.

The top soccer teams work in practice on filling gaps on the field through constant communication. They build cohesion and precision through scenarios in practice so that when they are at the 18, they place and move people in spots to create those open shots. And it's so subtle. The good teams you wouldn't even realize why they are so good because they have that much cohesion on game day from running scenarios at practice.

I'm sorry, I wish it was as cut and dry as to say, hey we will be doing lanes in practice. Or we are doing 5v5s, 3v3s, 2v2, or 1v1s. Or snake side scenarios or a d side scenarios. I mean, without their being a direct purpose to doing something, knowing the purpose, and translating the big picture of each thing done in practice, making sure each player understands, is on the same page, and can execute it again and again. Until then, it's a waste of time, the team will never be a top-tier team. There will never be team cohesion, they will never perform optimally and effectively on the field, and the team will always make those silly dumb mistakes that matter, and that lose you the game.

So basically I guess the structure of the practices will be determined on what the team needs to work on. Each practice will be different, you won't be coming to the field to run points over and over again. They will have a purpose, they will be constructive. My goal is to have people leave each and every practice a better player and teammate. With a feeling as if something was actually accomplished and that we will be more prepared for the tournament.

Last edited by Kirko017 : 04-25-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Kirko017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:19 AM #4
swanton23
ASCENSION

swanton23 is BST Trusted
swanton23 plays in the PSP
swanton23 plays in the APPA D4 division
swanton23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Best of luck getting this up and running kirko. Hope it works out

ASCENSION
swanton23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:22 PM #5
Big daddy 101

d2 but ure ranked d4 good luck hope it works out
Big daddy 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:21 PM #6
Ymesss
boot me

Ymesss plays in the PSP
Ymesss supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big daddy 101 View Post
d2 but ure ranked d4 good luck hope it works out
Don't be so ignorant. APPA ranking has nothing to do with player ability. NW PA, NE Ohio needs a real progression/farm system like this to consistently compete in the higher divisions.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:53 PM #7
swanton23
ASCENSION

swanton23 is BST Trusted
swanton23 plays in the PSP
swanton23 plays in the APPA D4 division
swanton23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
^^this

ASCENSION
swanton23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:21 PM #8
Kirko017

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanton23 View Post
Best of luck getting this up and running kirko. Hope it works out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymesss View Post
Don't be so ignorant. APPA ranking has nothing to do with player ability. NW PA, NE Ohio needs a real progression/farm system like this to consistently compete in the higher divisions.
Thank you
Old 04-25-2014, 10:00 PM #9
TheC0okieMonsTer
Ima eat ur cookies b***h

TheC0okieMonsTer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm still a little confused on this "different practice structure from other teams" thingy....and what more are you goin to do at events than "average teams", does mean like steroids or some sort of performance enhancing drugs?
Just trying to clarify.
TheC0okieMonsTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:16 PM #10
switch97
Ohio THRILL #97

switch97 plays in the APPA D5 division
switch97 supports DLX Technology
Hopefully Ohio THRILL will get there someday. Good luck
Ohio THRILL #97
Visit our Website and Facebook page
Shocker Parts For Sale!
switch97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:29 AM #11
Empirekid15

Empirekid15 plays in the PSP
Empirekid15 donated to help Peyton Trent
Empirekid15 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirko017 View Post
Thank you
Ohio will never have a good farm system I don't kno why ppl keep hoping or working toward it! Like I've stated in other threads attempting to put together a d2/d1 farm system, OHIO BALLER ARE NOT DEDICATED ENOUGH!!!!!!! End of story!!!
Empirekid15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:51 AM #12
Kirko017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheC0okieMonsTer View Post
I'm still a little confused on this "different practice structure from other teams" thingy....and what more are you goin to do at events than "average teams", does mean like steroids or some sort of performance enhancing drugs?
Just trying to clarify.
I want to move away from running point after point in practice. To more situational drills like traditional sports do.

And it's not like this is revolutionary or anything. Successful pro teams have been practicing like this for years. Most notably, Russian Legion/Art Chaos, and Dynasty. Then Damage started doing it and got super consistent, now Vicious and Infamous are starting to go more and more towards it..

How do traditional sports practice. They break the game down, and run scenarios/situations. They are constantly doing different drills to improve fundamentals. They get a couple teammates, and work on weaknesses, figure out better communication, learn from each other, and play off each other.

How many times have you gone to the field and saw a team practicing for an upcoming tournament. They get to the start box(players probably in spots they typically wouldn't play) and they come up with a gameplan of where people are going otb, and maybe where the first lanes will be, and that's it. Boom point starts. Looks organized, and sounds organized, right?(sarcasm)

Whose watching for little Jimmy running to the X. Once in their bunkers, who is preventing little Jimmy from wrapping and coming down the middle on everyone? If that guy dies otb, who turns to look for Jimmy without giving the other team more opportunities to move down field?

If you're running a point, and do not have solutions to all of these game factors distributed between teammates so everyone knows what to do in what situation. How can you honestly expect to win. Just hope the other team comes in as unprepared as you?

I'm sick of seeing crap like this all the time in practice, I'm sick of being apart of teams like this. Then people wonder why they lose come tournament time. And it's retarded too, because we do have good players in this area. They're just not organized at all and don't prepare well.

I want this team to actually work on lanes and walk the field to get a few solid breakouts/gameplans down, get the finer details straightened out before any points are ran. And eliminate dumb factors like I spoke about above in order to spot real problems in the team's game play better so that we can then work on those problems through situational drills.

____

Your above average team does what at a tournament, play their prelim games, maybe scout a few teams, then walks around, gets some food and drinks, and buys their cute green squeegees from exalt. And then heads back and play the next day. Then this above average team is pretty good, actually beats teams pretty well in prelims. Goes into elimination rounds, gets blown out or loses by a point. Goes home. End of tournament. Majority of the time, the players on that losing team are better than the other team they are facing, they just come out flat and not as prepared as the other team is.

Now scouting isn't revolutionary either. Lots of teams do it. But their methods are not the greatest. I've done a rough go around of my new scouting method, it went pretty well. I am able to gather much more data and crucial information about teams and have it kept much more organized than I've ever seen another team do. In elimination rounds, teams were doing exactly as I predicted from the data I collected.

I want the team to be focused, there to win, watching opponents all day, collecting data for the next day. It's just something to tip the scale and odds in the team's favor. Knowing what to expect can turn the tide for the first few points, and sometimes that's all you need in these raceto matches.

Last edited by Kirko017 : 04-26-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:54 AM #13
Kirko017

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch97 View Post
Hopefully Ohio THRILL will get there someday. Good luck
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empirekid15 View Post
Ohio will never have a good farm system I don't kno why ppl keep hoping or working toward it! Like I've stated in other threads attempting to put together a d2/d1 farm system, OHIO BALLER ARE NOT DEDICATED ENOUGH!!!!!!! End of story!!!
This isn't a farm system

Last edited by Kirko017 : 04-26-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:30 AM #14
TheC0okieMonsTer
Ima eat ur cookies b***h

Tldr but from what I skimmed through, nothing you are sayin is any different from any other notable team, from d3 to pros.

Edit: P.s. Are you Russian?

Last edited by TheC0okieMonsTer : 04-26-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:22 AM #15
Kirko017

What I am saying here is a more of an overview of the concepts, it's not really describing the actual drills, scenarios, how I plan to build cohesion within a months time, etc. I don't want to share all my stuff on the internet man, otherwise the team won't have the advantage haha..

But you're right, some teams do drills, and little scenarios, like I said none of this is revolutionary. My methods are just making these more effective and optimal. When they're doing it, they don't analyze, criticize, and progress enough. That's why when you watch a lot of these D3-Pros play, they are still waiting for their sideline coaches, they can't read the field, still don't act quick on moves, still pointlessly getting shot, take forever to close games out, they don't pull games out from behind, and they always lack communication.

Macedonian.

Last edited by Kirko017 : 04-26-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:03 AM #16
Wicked_Bass

has been a member for 10 years
Wicked_Bass plays in the PSP
Wicked_Bass owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wicked_Bass plays in the APPA D4 division
You have a great idea here, I would gladly join if we could get a jetblue sponsor to pay for my plane tickets. I wish you the best of luck and hope you can get something together.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:37 PM #17
Rambo is coming 4 u

I think you are very correct in your assessment of these practices and on the right track. I had similar types of ideas back a 4 or 5 years ago based on my coaching of my son and daughter's sports teams year round. The problem I encountered trying to do this with my son's young teenage paintball team was they were too short sighted on the goal and just wanted to play points in practice. They were a pretty decent local team as 14-15 yr olds and played well in several PSP events but could have been much better.

I wish you the best on this. Ohio definitely needs a high ranking D1/2 team to be proud of.
Buckeye Ballaz Club #3
Rambo is coming 4 u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:22 PM #18
Big daddy 101

your right appa doesn't have anything to do with ability maybe but its all about getting tournments under your belt jumping straight into d2 d1 from d4 is going to be different from how quick points are played coaching ect. but which you all the best and hope it works out
Big daddy 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:51 PM #19
Kirko017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_Bass View Post
You have a great idea here, I would gladly join if we could get a jetblue sponsor to pay for my plane tickets. I wish you the best of luck and hope you can get something together.
haha thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo is coming 4 u View Post
I think you are very correct in your assessment of these practices and on the right track. I had similar types of ideas back a 4 or 5 years ago based on my coaching of my son and daughter's sports teams year round. The problem I encountered trying to do this with my son's young teenage paintball team was they were too short sighted on the goal and just wanted to play points in practice. They were a pretty decent local team as 14-15 yr olds and played well in several PSP events but could have been much better.

I wish you the best on this. Ohio definitely needs a high ranking D1/2 team to be proud of.
Thanks for the kind words. Nice to know I am not the only person who has been noticing this.

Last edited by Kirko017 : 04-28-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:52 PM #20
TheC0okieMonsTer
Ima eat ur cookies b***h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirko017 View Post
What I am saying here is a more of an overview of the concepts, it's not really describing the actual drills, scenarios, how I plan to build cohesion within a months time, etc. I don't want to share all my stuff on the internet man, otherwise the team won't have the advantage haha..

But you're right, some teams do drills, and little scenarios, like I said none of this is revolutionary. My methods are just making these more effective and optimal. When they're doing it, they don't analyze, criticize, and progress enough. That's why when you watch a lot of these D3-Pros play, they are still waiting for their sideline coaches, they can't read the field, still don't act quick on moves, still pointlessly getting shot, take forever to close games out, they don't pull games out from behind, and they always lack communication.

Macedonian.
Macaronian huh, might be a spy. -_-
Old 04-28-2014, 10:21 PM #21
Kirko017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheC0okieMonsTer View Post
Macaronian huh, might be a spy. -_-