Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-22-2014, 05:54 PM #1
886j

Considering Markers

Hey so I'm looking for a marker that is good for woods and occasional speed. I've narrowed it down to the tippman x7phenom or the tippman cross over. Does any one know anything about either of these... If so pleas share with me the pros and cons of both these markers.
886j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2014, 11:16 PM #2
littleham
WARHAM

The crossover is made specifically for people in your situation. Hence the name crossover. Crossover from the woods to speedball. If you have the extra cash get an xvr. If not pick the original crossover. there isn't really to much of a difference between the two anyways.

But why limit yourself to just tippmann?
Check out the planet eclipse etha. Great starter gun that can take a hell of a beating, is light, tiny and can keep up with anything out on the field. Also comes in multiple camo choices and you can put an Emc kit on for that woods ball /scenario look.

The last gun I would mention for your situation would be a gog enmey. I can honestly say it's the funnest marker of mine to play with. Super quite, small, and CRAZY cheap. Also it will keep up just fine on a speedball field. I've taken out plenty of egos, Dms, axe, etc with it. definitely one of the best rec play guns on the market, ever!

Check out videos on YouTube and go to your local field to try out markers. Look up online manuals and just do some research on your own to find out what's best for YOU.

Good luck on your new marker!
Old 04-23-2014, 12:55 AM #3
Spinnaz

Spinnaz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spinnaz has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spinnaz supports DLX Technology
Spinnaz supports Empire
I'm in the same boat as you, bud. I've been playing with a 98c for a while now, and am ready to take the plunge into the mid-range market. I want an electro, but I love how the crossover can do mech as well. I've come with a little list of pros and cons for me personally on the XVR.

Pros:
Mechanical/Electric modes
Tippmann - Known for reliability, known for being newb friendly
Updated version of the crossover, listened to consumers
Easy to maintain
Upgradeable board for fairly cheap

Cons:
Weak(er) board - can be upgraded as mentioned
Have not had a chance to handle in person

This is of course not complete, but I do hope it helps a bit! Anybody who is willing to comment and add to it, please do. I'm still in the market as well!

Last edited by Spinnaz : 04-23-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Spinnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:15 AM #4
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by 886j View Post
Hey so I'm looking for a marker that is good for woods and occasional speed. I've narrowed it down to the tippman x7phenom or the tippman cross over. Does any one know anything about either of these... If so pleas share with me the pros and cons of both these markers.
The Crossover XVR is the way to go for you sir.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:46 AM #5
MsArtemis01

I actually have both markers. But I wanted to move more with less equipment on my body so I use my Crossover over my X-7 Phenom. Also, another reason why I like my crossover is because it does well in colder weather for a hybrid marker. I played with my marker in 25 degrees weather and only chopped paint once. Then again, the paint depends on the paintball field paint for that. But I would choose Crossover for sure.