Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-22-2014, 09:21 AM #64
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D4 division
Deviox- All I have to say is that rec ball is definitely the "heartblood of the sport. You are very wrong for thinking "speedball" is.
Xcape paintball.
LockDown Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2014, 12:40 PM #65
Deviox
Looks like a I4

Deviox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Deviox plays in the APPA beginner division
Deviox has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Deviox has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDown Zach View Post
Deviox- All I have to say is that rec ball is definitely the "heartblood of the sport. You are very wrong for thinking "speedball" is.
For media representation, Speedball is the heart of the sport. It's all opinionated.

If you have questions about this sport, PM me!
"Originally posted by neweraballer76: Oh ****ing Christ. Get the tin foil before the CIA get in your brain."

Limited Edition Dynasty Draco Luxe 2.0

Embers Darted Ego 11
Deviox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:15 PM #66
angelballer

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviox View Post
For media representation, Speedball is the heart of the sport. It's all opinionated.
Media representation doesn't pay the bills. Tons of speedball fields have opened and closed in the past 15 years Sean has been running Splatterpark. Besides, there are plenty of other places to play airball competitively. Xcape for example.

If I wanted to take rec and new players out for a fun, relaxed day, Splatterpark is hard to beat in the state of Ohio. Prices are fair, refs do a decent job of keeping teams even, fields are enjoyable, etc.
angelballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:43 PM #67
LAXbros32

LAXbros32 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LAXbros32 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LAXbros32 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Dude i think you should hop off this thread and atop complaining
Old 06-22-2014, 09:23 PM #68
Deal09

Deal09 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Deal09 plays in the APPA D5 division
Since Xcape was closed we went to sp today, and played speedball all day. There were no deflated bunkers, and it was a good environment to get some of our new guys some experience who haven't played speedball much....Plus we got to watch some rental people play when we weren't, and the chick that screamed she didn't want to get shot and she surrendered will go in my top 10 funny paintball memories.....Thanks Sean, and the refs for a good time today.
Deal09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:03 PM #69
kmalone43
Dye FTW

kmalone43 plays in the APPA beginner division
Karnie is definitely just trolling, take that nonsense some place else.

Sean, thanks for the post and taking notice of this form. I think most people understand that rec ball is certainly where the money is. This is who Splatterpark caters to and this is the reason why they've been around for as long as they have. However, I believe to not acknowledge that that airball field is a slump or that the speedball group of players are important to the customer base and success of Splatterpark is a mistake. I'm not going to beat the dead horse here, but am looking forward to future posts and updates from the SP team.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:48 AM #70
LAXbros32

This is the type of stuff we need to post and not be downers (cough) (cough) devox (cough) (cough)
Old 06-23-2014, 10:48 AM #71
Deviox
Looks like a I4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAXbros32 View Post
This is the type of stuff we need to post and not be downers (cough) (cough) devox (cough) (cough)
Blowing smoke up Sean's *** changes nothing. I've attempted giving suggestions. It's ultimately up to Sean to bring back those customers. Not us. I am pessimistic yes, but because nothing will change, given past experiences. Once again, it's an opinion and you shouldn't become personally affected by my outlook. Sean's attitude is, "well, we have an airball field! Deal with it!". I just can't respect that.

"Originally posted by neweraballer76: Oh ****ing Christ. Get the tin foil before the CIA get in your brain."

Embers Darted Ego 11
Old 06-23-2014, 10:55 AM #72
Deviox
Looks like a I4

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballer View Post
Media representation doesn't pay the bills. Tons of speedball fields have opened and closed in the past 15 years Sean has been running Splatterpark. Besides, there are plenty of other places to play airball competitively. Xcape for example.

If I wanted to take rec and new players out for a fun, relaxed day, Splatterpark is hard to beat in the state of Ohio. Prices are fair, refs do a decent job of keeping teams even, fields are enjoyable, etc.
I think you're misinterpreting my point. Speedball CAN bring meaningful income. High-end markers go through paint quickly, possibly attributing to more paint sold. Media representation brings interest to the sport and fields. I'm not against SP. They have a good woodsball experience. I am fed up with the attitude the people in charge project. Bring back reasonable tournaments, show you care. I understand if the player interest isn't there, BUT IT IS. Every weekend I went before my vacation, the players expressed their interest in tournaments again. Run a trial registration, do something. Stop acting like you are trying everything in your ability to improve it, because you aren't.

Embers Darted Ego 11
Old 06-23-2014, 12:32 PM #73
Methodcaptain

Quote:
I think you're misinterpreting my point. Speedball CAN bring meaningful income. High-end markers go through paint quickly, possibly attributing to more paint sold. Media representation brings interest to the sport and fields. I'm not against SP. They have a good woodsball experience. I am fed up with the attitude the people in charge project. Bring back reasonable tournaments, show you care. I understand if the player interest isn't there, BUT IT IS. Every weekend I went before my vacation, the players expressed their interest in tournaments again. Run a trial registration, do something. Stop acting like you are trying everything in your ability to improve it, because you aren't.
You do have some valid points. I do hear a lot of interest in tournaments at Splatterpark. They have a central location that would pull in teams around the state. They have great facilities compared to the majority of field that I have played at, and I've played a lot of fields.

I'd love to see Splatterpark take an interest in supporting tournaments again. I enjoyed the tournaments that my team played there, especially when there was still some solid competition.

I don't see much changing with the current management. They have their view of tournaments, and tournament players, right or wrong. It is their business to run. Rentals are their focus, and their primary business model. They do not want to invest in tournaments, and they have made that pretty clear. If they do not want to include the tournament side of the business, we can't make them.

When they did hold tournaments, the primary player complaint was always the paint. It's great for Tippmann rentals, but not meant for tournaments. Too many bounces, especially on hot days. I'm sure they don't want to stock separate paint just for tournaments. Then you have to have extra refs dedicated to the tournament. They probably view tournaments as extra work without return, but like every other investment, you don't get a return overnight. That business can exist, and be profitable, but it takes time.

It's sad, but I do enjoy Splatterpark for big games, and just playing for fun with friends. Heck, I'll probably be down this weekend!

WANTED: Blue angel A1 grips
Wanted - Angel A1/SB/AR:K parts and markers broken or working
Methodcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:31 PM #74
angelballer

Quote:
Let me try to make this clearer...

With Splatterpark's current business model, it doesn't seem like you are going to be happy going there. Either enjoy recreational woodsball there or go somewhere else. Not sure why people wouldn't go to Xcape if they wanted competitive airball in central Ohio. Cheaper, better competition, etc
angelballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:15 PM #75
LAXbros32

Yea man i love excape but if im feeling some pump or just some wrek ball ill hit up sp
Old 06-23-2014, 10:52 PM #76
Ghamm92

Ghamm92 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ghamm92 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Anybody down for drawing a big speedball crowd out there this Sunday? I'll be there, and it'd be sweet if we got a bunch of speed ball players to go out there unlike the norm.
Ohio Thrill #14

Ohio Thrill
Proudly sponsored by:
Dimension Paintball and ProjectPb.com

Beautiful Insight
Ghamm92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:12 PM #77
HercTPA

haha.....
Old 06-23-2014, 11:30 PM #78
Deviox
Looks like a I4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghamm92 View Post
Anybody down for drawing a big speedball crowd out there this Sunday? I'll be there, and it'd be sweet if we got a bunch of speed ball players to go out there unlike the norm.
I have a private field I'll be attending upon my return from vacation. I just wish they would make an effort. It's pretty damn convienant to go there other than not being able to BYOP. It just doesn't feel like Speedball players are overtly welcome anymore.

Embers Darted Ego 11
Old 06-24-2014, 11:06 AM #79
Splatterpark
#1 destination in the USA

Splatterpark is a founding member
Splatterpark is an Ultimate field/store owner
Splatterpark posts videos on PbNation
Head Up for this weekend:
June 28 & 29
We are doing a fundraising challenge via the Columbus YMCA and will be using the speedball fields.

If you want speedball this weekend you might want to hit Xcape, the Plex, or that "private field"

We are doing a great deal of renovations all over the park this year.

Complaining can be a form of feedback as we want everyone that comes here to feel good about their experience. I see it - We hear it - We address it and do what we can to make things better.

"Back in the day" is before some of you were even old enough to play paintball. It peaked in 2003 and competitive players have declined in numbers since then. Yes, there was a time when you had to pre-register to get into a tournament. Our largest event was 66 teams in 2001. Two days of competitive paintball. It was awesome.

If you think I don't care about speedball you are wrong or have a frustrated perception. I used to play 10 man "back in the day." It was fun. I had the same addiction you have now. I had to make decisions like pay the phone bill or buy a box of paint. I get it - I really do, paintball is fun.

I think it would be awesome to have tournaments. When 6 teams show up it is no different than a day of open play and we play each other 2 or 3 times in a day. You spent $40 to $55 and I hope you had fun and I hope you are safe.

I can offer a team discounts on equipment and paint. I can get you smoking deals on paint if you played at the PSP level. I don't have a team loyal enough to ref a tournament. Prove me wrong - we will have a tournament.

Paintball is my life and my source of income? How is it rational to think I don't care about speedball? It is one version of a game and we are fighting for speedball business. Problem is speedball only appeals to a very small percentage of players.

Going back to things you don't see. We offer a package called the Birthday Super Saver Package. We book 12 of them a weekend and they are booked a month in advance. The birthday kid gets a Tippmann gun, a membership to the park, mask, tank, feeder, and the maintenance items. The idea is he shows it off to his friends and (hopefully) they want paintball guns too. Hopefully they become addicted to the game, do research and hopefully pursue different equipment to be more competitive. We have been doing this for over a year now. Help us help you make speedball grow. We give away $2200 worth of product each weekend - Help us by showing these new people how intensely fun speedball can be.
Camaraderie and good sportsmanship is what will help speedball grow.

The average span for a paintballer is 18 months. So if you have been playing two or more years - you are an enthusiast - you are the 1%. Enjoy it.

Thank you for the kind words, thank you for playing paintball, thank you for sharing.

I'm here to help.
Splatterpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:47 PM #80
lungilung

Annual Supporting Member
lungilung owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
lungilung owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
lungilung plays in the APPA D4 division
lungilung owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterpark View Post
June 28 & 29
We are doing a fundraising challenge via the Columbus YMCA and will be using the speedball fields.

If you want speedball this weekend you might want to hit Xcape, the Plex, or that "private field"

Complaining can be a form of feedback as we want everyone that comes here to feel good about their experience. I see it - We hear it - We address it and do what we can to make things better.

"Back in the day" is before some of you were even old enough to play paintball. It peaked in 2003 and competitive players have declined in numbers since then. Yes, there was a time when you had to pre-register to get into a tournament. Our largest event was 66 teams in 2001. Two days of competitive paintball. It was awesome.

If you think I don't care about speedball you are wrong or have a frustrated perception. I used to play 10 man "back in the day." It was fun. I had the same addiction you have now. I had to make decisions like pay the phone bill or buy a box of paint. I get it - I really do, paintball is fun.

I think it would be awesome to have tournaments. When 6 teams show up it is no different than a day of open play and we play each other 2 or 3 times in a day. You spent $40 to $55 and I hope you had fun and I hope you are safe.

I can offer a team discounts on equipment and paint. I can get you smoking deals on paint if you played at the PSP level. I don't have a team loyal enough to ref a tournament. Prove me wrong - we will have a tournament.

Paintball is my life and my source of income? How is it rational to think I don't care about speedball? It is one version of a game and we are fighting for speedball business. Problem is speedball only appeals to a very small percentage of players.

Going back to things you don't see. We offer a package called the Birthday Super Saver Package. We book 12 of them a weekend and they are booked a month in advance. The birthday kid gets a Tippmann gun, a membership to the park, mask, tank, feeder, and the maintenance items. The idea is he shows it off to his friends and (hopefully) they want paintball guns too. Hopefully they become addicted to the game, do research and hopefully pursue different equipment to be more competitive. We have been doing this for over a year now. Help us help you make speedball grow. We give away $2200 worth of product each weekend - Help us by showing these new people how intensely fun speedball can be.

The average span for a paintballer is 18 months. So if you have been playing two or more years - you are an enthusiast - you are the 1%. Enjoy it.

Thank you for the kind words, thank you for playing paintball, thank you for sharing.

I'm here to help.
Stand up guy right there! Couldn't have said it any better Sean
Old 06-24-2014, 05:41 PM #81
HercTPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterpark View Post
June 28 & 29

I'm here to help.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:03 PM #82
LAXbros32

With all of this new info would anyone be willing to do an unofficial tournament? Like on a rec day we would bring a white board and plug teams into brackets. And we can either have sean supply refs or teams could just chip in and ref the games they arnt in. We could do it backyard style where no one is on a team when they show up and we have however many captains and just pick teams so they are more even.... Just spit balling so that we can test if there is enough of an interest for sean to do it for real.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:55 PM #83
Deal09

Deal09 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Deal09 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAXbros32 View Post
With all of this new info would anyone be willing to do an unofficial tournament? Like on a rec day we would bring a white board and plug teams into brackets. And we can either have sean supply refs or teams could just chip in and ref the games they arnt in. We could do it backyard style where no one is on a team when they show up and we have however many captains and just pick teams so they are more even.... Just spit balling so that we can test if there is enough of an interest for sean to do it for real.
I'm sure some of our guys would be up for this. At the least it would be good practice.
Deal09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:14 PM #84
Ghamm92

Ghamm92 plays in the APPA D4 division
Ghamm92 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah I'm down for that, just make sure it doesn't conflict with any other tournament dates. That way the maximum amount of ballers can come.
Ohio Thrill #14

Ohio Thrill
Proudly sponsored by:
Dimension Paintball and ProjectPb.com

Beautiful Insight
Ghamm92 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups