ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-17-2014, 01:17 AM #43
Deviox
Looks like a I4

Deviox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Deviox plays in the APPA beginner division
Deviox has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Deviox has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Columbus Backdraft is opening a Speedball field to the public soon, and will have cheaper prices. You can follow up on Columbuspb.com.

If you have questions about this sport, PM me!
"Originally posted by neweraballer76: Oh ****ing Christ. Get the tin foil before the CIA get in your brain."

Limited Edition Dynasty Draco Luxe 2.0

Embers Darted Ego 11
Deviox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-17-2014, 07:25 AM #44
sketsket26
0-H-I-0

sketsket26 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
sketsket26 supports Team VICIOUS
sketsket26 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sketsket26 supports Empire
I'm happy I saw these posts I was about to goto SP for some speedball this weekend.
sketsket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:57 AM #45
clemm78

has been a member for 10 years
clemm78 is playing at Living Legends VII
I70 Paintball is running Saturday nights under the lights Speedball, if anyone is interested!
clemm78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:48 AM #46
Deviox
Looks like a I4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketsket26 View Post
I'm happy I saw these posts I was about to goto SP for some speedball this weekend.
Depending on where you live, Columbus Backdraft's field is just as far, and far cheaper. Bunkers are correct, and the field is taken care of. As I said before, it just isn't open to the public yet. It's just, Splatterpark acts as if the Speedball community should thank Sean that he allows us to still play. At least, that's my opinion.

"Originally posted by neweraballer76: Oh ****ing Christ. Get the tin foil before the CIA get in your brain."

Embers Darted Ego 11
Old 06-17-2014, 04:06 PM #47
LAXbros32

LAXbros32 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LAXbros32 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LAXbros32 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Is columbuspb new? Ive never heard of it befor
Old 06-17-2014, 04:59 PM #48
clemm78

Evil Deeds would like to come out and scrimmage Columbus Backdraft.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:31 PM #49
Deviox
Looks like a I4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAXbros32 View Post
Is columbuspb new? Ive never heard of it befor
Columbus PB is really new, Steve Corcoran made it to keep people in the loop with our scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemm78 View Post
Evil Deeds would like to come out and scrimmage Columbus Backdraft.
I would contact Steve, he's on Facebook and Columbus PB.

Embers Darted Ego 11
Old 06-18-2014, 01:19 AM #50
LAXbros32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviox View Post
Columbus PB is really new, Steve Corcoran made it to keep people in the loop with our scene.
thats really dope. I have been waiting for forever to finally get an organized something about central ohio pb!
Old 06-19-2014, 12:19 PM #51
DaRk_KaRNiE

120$ a case for paint...effing price gougers man. i know upwards to 20 people personally that don't play here for that reason. they make it near impossible for the average player to play here. they are all about short games at long distance to burn your paint as fast as possible. Rude employes and even discriminative refs. Played here once this opening day this year with my wife and my brother and it was ridicules. my brother and his boyfriend were called fags by the refs *not directly but we overheard them talking sh*t* and he was discouraged enough to sit in the car and quit playing all day. Uncalled for and very disrespectful. only way ill ever play here again is if i find a buddy with a membership so i can still overpay 40 bucks on a case of the same quality paint they sell at pb ohio for like 29$
DaRk_KaRNiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:37 PM #52
kmalone43
Dye FTW

kmalone43 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk_KaRNiE View Post
120$ a case for paint...effing price gougers man. i know upwards to 20 people personally that don't play here for that reason. they make it near impossible for the average player to play here. they are all about short games at long distance to burn your paint as fast as possible. Rude employes and even discriminative refs. Played here once this opening day this year with my wife and my brother and it was ridicules. my brother and his boyfriend were called fags by the refs *not directly but we overheard them talking sh*t* and he was discouraged enough to sit in the car and quit playing all day. Uncalled for and very disrespectful. only way ill ever play here again is if i find a buddy with a membership so i can still overpay 40 bucks on a case of the same quality paint they sell at pb ohio for like 29$
1. Was the $120/case being sarcastic? It's nowhere near that price.

2. Games are short so you don't have to sit there blazing paint at someone bunkered down in the very back bunker. There is a diverse skill-level at Splatterpark, this time limit is to help with that. If you prefer smaller fields, try one of their speedball courses.

3. PB Ohio and Splatterpark are owned by the same people, and yes, it's the same paint that you can buy at PB Ohio for about $36. However, the field does have to make some money and this is where it's done. You can always find Groupons or $5 passes that give you rentals and a small amount of paint then only have to buy paint once you run out. It is then $55/case. Also, if you plan on playing multiple times during the season, you can always save the paint and play with it the next time you go.

As far as the refs running their mouths, sorry to hear that. I would recommend next time speaking up to either the refs or the front office.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:35 PM #53
DaRk_KaRNiE

no not sarcasm at all. when we went up they told us we couldn't buy a case of paint we had to buy it by the 500 and 500 rounds is 29.99+ tax so 30 x 4 is 120+tax. and i buy their paint at pb ohio for 99.95+ tax for 3 cases. so its like 33 bucks or so for a case for something they probably get for 20 and sell it for 120 a case. lol

and the douchey old mad behind the counter was a prick. i wanted to slap his face off for being such a smartass about everything. we waited like 45 min to an hour just to get through the waiver line.

Last edited by DaRk_KaRNiE : 06-19-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:04 AM #54
clemm78

Sounds like I won't be playing there anytime soon!
Old 06-20-2014, 11:33 AM #55
DaRk_KaRNiE

right ive been playing at CFC they let you bring your own paint and they have some for sale for 15 for 500 of valkin graffiti. its woodsball but thats my style anyway. they do run smaller speedball type games on their fort 1 like centerflag and such. but thats only when the big am push of people leave like after 3 or 4 and there is only like 10 people left playing till 6. they are awesome they even let us play after closing time if we are still in the battle and the game is still on. they don't just cut you off at 6 in the middle of the game and kick you off the field and tell you to go howe. i think we played till almost 6.30ish once on accident. always good times at CFC so far. my wife and i play there every event now. the refs even take pictures and you can see yourself in action the next day on their website. really great people and they are super nice. i had a blowout on my tank and they fixed it for me for free. my wife's hopper got wet once and stopped working properly and they let us use a hopper for free. sometimes when you run out of air on the field they even have someone run you a tank on a 4 wheeler so you don't have to walk all the way back to staging just to get co2 they take very good care of their renters and their equipment. AWESOME people and all around best paintball experience i have ever had period!
Old 06-20-2014, 12:38 PM #56
LAXbros32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk_KaRNiE View Post
Man im sorry to hear that was you experience but there is not reason for you to hop on this thread and *****. Splatter park is the reason that alot of people get into paintball including me. So if you want to ***** leave a review otherwise stop making splatter park look like the worst field in the world because its not.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:51 PM #57
Deviox
Looks like a I4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAXbros32 View Post
Man im sorry to hear that was you experience but there is not reason for you to hop on this thread and *****. Splatter park is the reason that alot of people get into paintball including me. So if you want to ***** leave a review otherwise stop making splatter park look like the worst field in the world because its not.
It's not the "worst" field by any means. The SPEEDBALL aspect is the worst field I've been to by far. The price system is a joke, and the management is sarcastic and belittling. Sean has an air about him, that causes people to never return to his field. He acts as if it's a privilege that he allows us to pay him money. It's sickening. He has NO care for the betterment of the sport, at all. If you argue that point, head down there and see his Speedball field, it explains my viewpoint entirely. Don't get me wrong, I like the woodsball sometimes when we're not 300-400 feet away, but besides that, it really is a huge let down to the serious airball community. /End rant.

Embers Darted Ego 11
Old 06-20-2014, 11:11 PM #58
Splatterpark
#1 destination in the USA

Splatterpark is a founding member
Splatterpark is an Ultimate field/store owner
Splatterpark posts videos on PbNation
Hello – my name is Sean Moore.
I work for Central Ohio Paintball Inc.
I discovered the game of paintball in 1985 when I was in High School with someone that played for the owner of the company I work for.
I played music and playing music was my passion. I had to be “talked into” going out into the woods and shooting someone. It really sounded absurd to me, but once I did it I was hooked.
It was a passing thing for me. I graduated in 1988 and ended up out West to pursue my dreams of being a Rock-N-Roll star. I played drums at least 5 nights a week traveling around the country and partying hard. I found the dark side. The dark side loved me and I loved it. My band ended up back in Ohio. The dark side took its toll and we ended up nowhere. Then one day I had an epiphany – I had no shoes, I had no cares, I had no worries, I had no idea where I was, but I was on the dark side and I had to play Rock N Roll. I had enough and I called a friend to come pick me up. It was a six hour drive, but they came and got me and took me back to their place. I stayed straight and I lived the straight and arrow. I found a relationship with God once again. I strayed, but I saw the light and came back. After a few weeks I opened up a paintball store. Paintball. PAINTBALL. The one thing that was true. The one thing that showed every human without any superficial motive.

I loved the game. I loved the people. I loved interacting with everyone and I truly enjoyed shooting them. It ended up being my light and my life.

Paintball – it is a game. It is a release. It is a hobby. It is a form of entertainment. It was a sport. It used to be a sport. It is no longer an end to all ends. Some call bowling a sport, but in reality you go to the lanes – you rent the shoes, you pick up a ball off the rack and you have fun. In essence – it is simply fun.

There is no return. There is no monetary gain. You spend your money where you are comfortable and you have fun. If you must complain about where you spend your money it is no one else’s fault but your own.
Looking back. I had a very rough Summer and a harsh Winter. It put me out of business and I was spending my savings to keep my paintball store open. I loved Paintball. I reached out to my competitor. The guy who I work for now. I happened to be playing a tournament in the mid-90’s. Back then it was in the woods and you got to play for 15 minutes or so… I saw him at the trade show and he said, “Sean – if you ever need anything let me know.”

The following Spring I “let him know.”
CO Paintball brought me on to run their field. The field is called SplatterPark. It is no longer a field….it is now a theme park for paintball.

I worked 7 days a week for the first 6.5 years. I went to 6 days a week for the next 8 years. I am now getting old and picking up branches, limbs, making bunkers, and answering phone calls is killing my body and soul. This is my 15th year running SplatterPark and I work 5 to 6 days a week and I still love the game of Paintball. I still love seeing new people enter the game of Paintball everyday.

I have been a consultant to legalities, been a consultant to diagrams, been a consultant to equipment, been a consultant to games, been a consultant to the idealology of Paintball as a Theme Park.

We work hard to keep our brand and our product (PAINTBALL) in the mainstream. We advertise and reach out of the box to reach new people every single day. We work hard to make sure paintball grows.

We do love paintball. I love Paintball and I do everything within my realm to make sure it isn’t going anywhere.

We have a pricing structure that works. Our prices are the lowest and we offer the most.
I prioritize safety over aesthetics. I continue to make things safer and safer.
There are a few different types of the game, but once again I must prioritize. You are not forgotten.
Many Paintball Parks (fields) have done away with airball. Speedball as you know it. We feel that an airball field is associated with a Paintball park and should have a place. We have not abolished it and we don’t intend to. Less than 1% of paintball customers play airball, but we still aim to keep it alive as it is a part of Paintball history.
I understand your concerns, your gripes, and your complaints – I will work with you, but you need to be honest as well. I sometimes am in the right place at the right time…..deal with it.
I am open to suggestions, complaints, ideas, and concerns.

I do what I can when I can and I definitely prioritize what I must do.

Regards,
Sean
Splatterpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:53 PM #59
LAXbros32

sean that is really an amazing story and im glad you shared it. If you ever need anything feel free to ask. im sorry about the people who put you down because you dont have a nice airball field but i will always see you as the reason that i am playing as good as i am today. So sean i would like to thank you for everything you have done for the growing paintball community and i would like to let you know that you are a part of the reason it is growing
Old 06-21-2014, 12:12 AM #60
Splatterpark
#1 destination in the USA

Splatterpark is a founding member
Splatterpark is an Ultimate field/store owner
Splatterpark posts videos on PbNation
it doesn't matter if it is "nice"....we have an airball field and we always will.
"nice" is subjective......we will have one when everyone else doesn't.

we are a commercial park. we have rules and they are expected to be followed. if rules are broken we will watch you. if you are uncomfortable then it means you have broken the rules.

the bottomline: Paintball is fun. no matter where you play the game we encourage it and you should play where you are comfortable.
Splatterpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:26 PM #62
Deviox
Looks like a I4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterpark View Post
it doesn't matter if it is "nice"....we have an airball field and we always will.
"nice" is subjective......we will have one when everyone else doesn't.

we are a commercial park. we have rules and they are expected to be followed. if rules are broken we will watch you. if you are uncomfortable then it means you have broken the rules.

the bottomline: Paintball is fun. no matter where you play the game we encourage it and you should play where you are comfortable.

Really? The field is maintained poorly. Plain and simple. Blaming uncomfortable experiences on customers solely is streching it quite a bit. You seen to think the rules are what people find an issue. The business that Airball CAN bring in is quite noticable. Back when you had Billy coming for conventions and big games, I would find it hard to see that not being the case. Speedball is the heartblood of Paintball, and the only aspect of Paintball that the public sees on TV, online, etc (besides UWL). Rationalize it as you will, you lost a gross amount of customers to a residential location located hours from your customers.

Embers Darted Ego 11
Old 06-21-2014, 03:20 PM #63
DaRk_KaRNiE

xcape/CFC etc i was there at splatterpark opening day for my most unpleasant experience on a paintball field ever. the air ball field was half inflated and half deflated. not big on airball scene but it woulda been cool to have a airball experience that day. i got tired of shooting and missing at people 400+ feet lmfao. im not bashing them..i had high expectations from this field since i have heard about them since i was a kid long ago and never had the transportation and money to go. i finally got up enough money to go and i was disappointing. kinda like always wanting to go to disney land when you are a kid and then you finally get up the funds to go and you catch mickey fu**in minni while donald is slappin goofys nuts while giving pluto a reach around on the tea cups...LMFAO seriously...
ReplyRegional Ups