Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-15-2014, 09:16 PM #22
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

has been a member for 10 years
tlmiller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
I can play with an Axe. I have before, and I owned a Mini. I'm not WILLING to. I don't feel any reason to use a marker that feels anything less than perfect in my hands. It's not like I can't afford a decent marker. I just don't consider the Mini or the Axe to be decent.

Same thing, I won't use a Bob Long that has a stock trigger. Every trigger he's had in the last 6+ years is simply such a horrible design to me, that I won't do it. Until it has some aftermarket trigger, I won't touch them.

I no longer have the budgetary constraints of needing to use something that doesn't suit me. If I can't find a way to get a marker to suit me, I simply won't use them. Therefore, the Axe will never, ever be used by me. Same with the Luxe. They're not comfortable to me, I've used them before, but will never use them again unless they shortened the marker to make it more comfortable in my hands. Nothing to do with how they shoot or how reliable they are, everything to do with the fact that the frame doesn't set well in my hands, so I won't tolerate it.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2014, 09:55 PM #23
eatafetus
knows you love it.

Annual Supporting Member
eatafetus is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
eatafetus supports Empire
Oh man. I LOVE bobs Ko trigger, with a spring return. Sexy time for my fingers.

Axe with a violent Deuce trigger is pretty dam nice.
eatafetus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:35 PM #24
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

Broke down, found a VCOM in one of the few colors I like (blue or purple as the primary color a must for me) at a great price.

Already ordered a Critical trigger for it too (sadly, they don't have purple, so ordered silver).

Yeah, I despise Bobs triggers. I honestly think they're worse than a low end entry level Spyder trigger for feel.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:05 PM #25
ironyusa
reappropriating resources

I don't normally like duece triggers. I have an axe at my house now that has a nummech frame and a duece trigger that feels awesome.

Miller, the only thing I'm that adamant on is on macroline markers I have to have a center out ASA. I will not use them out the side. It messes with me switching hands.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:58 PM #26
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
bob's trigger sucks if you don't have it set right.

Like when I say sucks, I mean suuuhcks.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:07 AM #27
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
I don't normally like duece triggers. I have an axe at my house now that has a nummech frame and a duece trigger that feels awesome.

Miller, the only thing I'm that adamant on is on macroline markers I have to have a center out ASA. I will not use them out the side. It messes with me switching hands.
I agree with that too. If I have macro, needs to be center exit. Reason when I had a bunch of Dye gear I had replaced all the old style Dye airports with Bob Long gear drives, and hate CP on/offs.

As far as Deuce triggers, I can't get any speed out of them. Like 9 bps max ROF on one, every single one I've shot. I also just don't like the feel as much as the Critical type trigger, and in every trigger I've ever used, VASTLY prefer magnet to springs. I've felt a few spring triggers that set up correctly are nice, but for the most part, spring triggers to me feel mushy.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:53 AM #28
ironyusa

On my axe, I have the magnet set loose and the virtue eye board changed the microswitch. It is kind of sloppy on purpose, but I can shred on semi. Duece triggers make finding a rhythm hard for me too.

As far as macroline is concerned... Well, just another reason I love my axe.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:00 AM #29
eatafetus
knows you love it.

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post

Broke down, found a VCOM in one of the few colors I like (blue or purple as the primary color a must for me) at a great price.

Already ordered a Critical trigger for it too (sadly, they don't have purple, so ordered silver).

Yeah, I despise Bobs triggers. I honestly think they're worse than a low end entry level Spyder trigger for feel.
sexy. nice grab.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:02 AM #30
imped4now
BTFU

Center exit is the only way. CP direct mount non-on/offs on all of my macro guns. Res and Impulse come with nice center exit on/off ASA's.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:06 AM #31
ironyusa

I liked the old NDZ twisters really well, but they're hard to find. I am using a really old hybrid ASA on the spec-r I just bought.

BTW, DP has the worst orings to try to size. It's ridiculous. I misread the manual and thought the bolt oring was a -018 on the back and it's a actually a 2 x 19mm.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:18 AM #32
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
I like the KO trigger on the insight. Not a huge fan of the gun, but I played a couple games with one and liked it. SOME trigger rake is biomechanically correct, but the interaction with the frame to the trigger angle is important too.

Ergonomics are above all system effects - I don't have to tell you what my favorite gun to hold is.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:33 AM #33
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
Quest?
Old 04-16-2014, 10:53 AM #34
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
I liked the old NDZ twisters really well, but they're hard to find. I am using a really old hybrid ASA on the spec-r I just bought.

BTW, DP has the worst orings to try to size. It's ridiculous. I misread the manual and thought the bolt oring was a -018 on the back and it's a actually a 2 x 19mm.
Yeah, for the price those NDZ's were fantastic. While not as good, the Warriors that basically cloned the MacDev on/off were really nice for the price (weren't as easy to turn as the NDZ).

Old 04-16-2014, 11:30 AM #35
imped4now
BTFU

I love the MacDev on/offs. When I had my sexy 07 Cyborg twins (one gloss black, one dust black) I had matching Droid/RX on/offs on them. My gawd that was a nice pair of Cyborgs.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:18 PM #36
imped4now
BTFU

So, does anyone have any good, clean ways to go about blacking out the white parts on the Axe grips? It also looks like the JTimp uses a similar grip setup. Sharpy is easy but I wonder how well it will hold up.....matte black nail polish, perhaps? The same goes for the etching that Kee insists on putting all over their markers. Any bright ideas for making all of that crap blend in to an otherwise clean black gun?
Old 04-16-2014, 01:32 PM #37
eatafetus
knows you love it.

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo2222 View Post
Quest?
The quest feels great in my hands, but not because its set up well...its because I have adapted to it over several years.

(insert Bane meme talking about being molded by the darkness)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
So, does anyone have any good, clean ways to go about blacking out the white parts on the Axe grips? It also looks like the JTimp uses a similar grip setup. Sharpy is easy but I wonder how well it will hold up.....matte black nail polish, perhaps? The same goes for the etching that Kee insists on putting all over their markers. Any bright ideas for making all of that crap blend in to an otherwise clean black gun?
i think you should try the nail polish. maybe a pretty sparkly purple color? Ask shmed, I'm sure he has some from his "weekend job."
Old 04-16-2014, 01:44 PM #38
ironyusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
I like the KO trigger on the insight. Not a huge fan of the gun, but I played a couple games with one and liked it. SOME trigger rake is biomechanically correct, but the interaction with the frame to the trigger angle is important too.

Ergonomics are above all system effects - I don't have to tell you what my favorite gun to hold is.
I had several semesters of human factors and ergonomics. I gave up on the paintball community understanding that ergonomically correct =/= comfortable. Like you said, it is a human-machine interface based on a XX% male (or female) and alignments. People's tank length, ASA position, etc are all factors that skew the interaction point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmiller View Post
Yeah, for the price those NDZ's were fantastic. While not as good, the Warriors that basically cloned the MacDev on/off were really nice for the price (weren't as easy to turn as the NDZ).
I am not sure if it was a warrior brand, but I bought one that leaked like crazy. The NDZs were awesome and I liked them as much as the gear drive, but liked the gear's mounting interface. (If you happen to see a black one for cheap, PM me.)

Quote:
I love the MacDev on/offs. When I had my sexy 07 Cyborg twins (one gloss black, one dust black) I had matching Droid/RX on/offs on them. My gawd that was a nice pair of Cyborgs.
The MacDev ones were very nice as well.

Quote:
No idea man. You can get the "earth" tone grips and the white will be dark brown. You may be able to dye them a little too, but I'm not sure how the rubber will respond.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:36 PM #39
imped4now
BTFU

Eh, I'll try nail polish. I'm surprised I can't find a single smidge of info on this. The etching and ugly grips don't bother other people?
Old 04-16-2014, 03:04 PM #40
ironyusa

I find them comfortable and mine are dirty, so the white is actually brownish. I'm sure SPD has some and if you can find them the old virtue mini grips fit.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:07 PM #41
imped4now
BTFU

I like the grip feel, I don't like the looks. Believe me, I'd have SPD grips already if I didn't care for the feel. I use them on damn near everything else. I'll see what I can come up with to get rid of that white.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:11 PM #42
ironyusa

Plastidip spray over the whole thing?