Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 04-18-2014, 05:26 PM #85
AJ$

AJ$ plays in the PSP
AJ$ supports Empire
AJ$ is All In
think these would be even more awesome if you were able to replicate PSP bunkers. I know airflow was an issue stated, but field owners could always use the traditional supair "x" or "a" if needed and the rest of the bunkers vortex.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:35 AM #86
tmac20031

I saw the video. It is pretty crazy how the paint just bounces right off the vortex bunkers. This paint could be recycled if it doesn't break on the ground. Also saving money. You should try marketing them that way. If fields could reduce wasted paint on non targets by using these bunkers and using artificial ground surfaces, paint costs could probably be reduced because paint could be reused.
tmac20031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:11 PM #87
1dayteam120

Annual Supporting Member
1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20031 View Post
I saw the video. It is pretty crazy how the paint just bounces right off the vortex bunkers. This paint could be recycled if it doesn't break on the ground. Also saving money. You should try marketing them that way. If fields could reduce wasted paint on non targets by using these bunkers and using artificial ground surfaces, paint costs could probably be reduced because paint could be reused.
Really dude?
2 Cyborg 6s, Vanquish 1.5, Ego11, Protégé FS
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post84973761
Interested in selling an entire gearbag and getting cash now? PM ME I have cash

Last edited by 1dayteam120 : 04-23-2014 at 12:29 PM.
1dayteam120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:57 PM #88
tmillagegbc

Have played on and set up Vortex bunkers before. Great product!
tmillagegbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:49 PM #89
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'

has been a member for 10 years
Brad- Division owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
These are Great and I will do what I can to bring Vortex back to Colorado where it started. I know many of the field owners and HOURS of man power will be saved cleaning fields with these "New" Vortex bunkers
Brad- Division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:11 PM #90
RedDotPaintball

RedDotPaintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
RedDotPaintball is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ$ View Post
think these would be even more awesome if you were able to replicate PSP bunkers. I know airflow was an issue stated, but field owners could always use the traditional supair "x" or "a" if needed and the rest of the bunkers vortex.
Your comment is exactly right. We mix in bunkers on our own field to create more variety. The Vortex bunkers are the workhorse.

RedDotPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:14 PM #91
bigb1015
Tusks Out

bigb1015 plays in the PSP
bigb1015 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sorry if this has been asked before...but are the fan boxes loud? I can't imagine communication would be too easy if so
Old 04-23-2014, 09:54 PM #92
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Very little noise. Sound is muffled by the bunker itself. Even outside the bunker the fans make very little noise as they are high speed precision bearings.

05 Red/Black Ego,07 Ghost Ego,Prestege GSL
idontknow2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:51 AM #93
Headbanger
BANG YOUR HEAD!!!

Headbanger plays in the APPA beginner division
I used these before, they are super easy to set up and tear down. They seemed to be pretty strong in regards to people shooting them, running into them, etc.

They also had a few cool options, there was a 12-15 foot tall pyramid, and there was also a 10 foot tall thing that looked like a gingerbread man we called bob. When you shot it his arms shook back and forth and it looked like he was laughing. Worked like an X from X-ball.

The owner of the field also had a couple of the bunkers (bob and pyramid) on a remote to where he could kill the battery to it. If somebody was there and not moving he would hit it, and they would have approximately 30 seconds to a minute before the bunker was no longer usable lol!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:27 AM #94
Jaccen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
I used these before, they are super easy to set up and tear down. They seemed to be pretty strong in regards to people shooting them, running into them, etc.

They also had a few cool options, there was a 12-15 foot tall pyramid, and there was also a 10 foot tall thing that looked like a gingerbread man we called bob. When you shot it his arms shook back and forth and it looked like he was laughing. Worked like an X from X-ball.

The owner of the field also had a couple of the bunkers (bob and pyramid) on a remote to where he could kill the battery to it. If somebody was there and not moving he would hit it, and they would have approximately 30 seconds to a minute before the bunker was no longer usable lol!
Sorry if I missed it, but what's the average inflate time? Bunkers coming in and out of play could be a cool rec mode.

Is there a manual anywhere for these?

Last edited by Jaccen : 04-25-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:48 PM #95
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
Sorry if I missed it, but what's the average inflate time? Bunkers coming in and out of play could be a cool rec mode.

Is there a manual anywhere for these?
It sounds cool, but it's really not. Back in the day if you shot one of these bunkers long enough, you could get some shapes to deflate and tilt over or move so you could shoot the person behind them. It wasn't cool lol.

I remember another company came out with solid bunkers with a target that would lower the bunker more as you shot the target. They never caught on...because it's lame. It promotes and rewards camping, not active play.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:36 PM #96
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
It sounds cool, but it's really not. Back in the day if you shot one of these bunkers long enough, you could get some shapes to deflate and tilt over or move so you could shoot the person behind them. It wasn't cool lol. I remember another company came out with solid bunkers with a target that would lower the bunker more as you shot the target. They never caught on...because it's lame. It promotes and rewards camping, not active play.
Have you played on the new Vortex bunker systems?

Last edited by idontknow2007 : 04-28-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:08 PM #97
MstrKey

vortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontknow2007 View Post
Have you played on the new Vortex bunker systems?
No I haven't. I doubt I'll get to anytime soon since paintball in my area has pretty much died off. No field up here will spend coin on an inflatable anymore. It's all back to the maintenance free bush ball again in these parts. Or wooden speedball bunkers.

Perhaps if I get a chance to travel a bit I'll be able to check out the new system. I wouldn't mind getting a gander at them

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 04-28-2014, 04:44 PM #98
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
No I haven't. I doubt I'll get to anytime soon since paintball in my area has pretty much died off. No field up here will spend coin on an inflatable anymore. It's all back to the maintenance free bush ball again in these parts. Or wooden speedball bunkers. Perhaps if I get a chance to travel a bit I'll be able to check out the new system. I wouldn't mind getting a gander at them
Have your local field contact us at sales@redotpaintball.com and we can arrange a demo bunker for them to try out.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:47 PM #99
MstrKey

I will do that. Nothing to lose by trying.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:27 PM #100
RedDotPaintball

Inflate times vary of course by shape size but from seconds to a couple minutes depending on the size. The benefit of course is your employee or yourself do not need to sit there and wait while it inflates. It is self inflating.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:53 PM #101
MstrKey

Cool story, back in the day when you had the tube system going to each bunker, I worked for an indoor. We had low ceilings so we ran the tubes on the ceiling. The bunkers were on the floor. We'd walk in, turn on the fan and the field would inflate without any effort. It was sweet!

Last edited by MstrKey : 04-29-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:21 AM #102
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

Go to facebook and look up Pyrrhic Paintball. They have posted some pics of the new Vortex bunkers they just received a couple weeks ago.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:42 AM #103
RedDotPaintball

We have a limited number of demonstration bunkers that will be ready to roll next week. How the demo bunkers work. Call us and tell us about your interest in seeing the bunkers in action. We will ship a brand new bunker to you to use for two weekends. At the end of the 2nd weekend, if you wish to A) buy the bunker you keep it. B) buy a set, we ship a full set less the bunker you already have, c) simply ask us to ship it back. We will be taking the requests by private message through PB Nation or via our Facebook Page. This is an opportunity for field owners that have never experienced the benefits of Vortex to look, touch and use a bunker for your personal evaluation.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:52 AM #104
RedDotPaintball

Scott Kraemer, the owner of Pyrhhic Paintball in Idaho wrote this testimonial on Facebook. We did not ask him for it, so it is nice to see some early feedback from the first 45 bunker set sent out. "I am more than pleased with my set. I can get all 45 bunkers into 5 of the rolling job totes from home depot (fans, batteries, everything!). They clean up fast (what little breaks on them). They set up and take down real quick. My players love them as well. I have had the batteries last fro 10 hours without running out. Great Product!"

Old 05-08-2014, 01:45 AM #105
ColoradoFuel5
Nick M.

Annual Supporting Member
these things are super freaking light and easy to set up and run. We have set still from olden days. We built a 36 socket system for charging batteries. Often paint doesnt break on bunkers as they deflect a tad more than traditional air sup bunkers because the system isnt sealed.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4023444
ColoradoFuel5 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.