Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 04-09-2014, 12:36 AM #1
RedDotPaintball

RedDotPaintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
RedDotPaintball is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Vortex Bunkers are Shipping!

Released this year at Paintball Extravaganza 2014 Vortex Bunkers are now being shipped.

Field owners, if you are unfamiliar with Vortex Bunkers, this article is to re-introduce these self-inflating bunkers. Yes, self-inflating. No more need for gas or electric blowers to inflate your bunkers. Red Dot Paintball owns and markets the Vortex Bunkers from Richland, WA.

We have been working with the bunkers for more than 3 years and are now releasing the newest version for other field owners to purchase. We are saving hard dollars every weekend of the year. The traditional set of bunkers takes 2 players and two blowers about 1 hour or more to set up. The Vortex bunkers takes one employee about 1/2 hour to set up 45 bunkers. Take down and washing and cleaning is another huge savings.

The material and system keeps the bunker inflated all day. There is no need to send referees out for touch ups all day. Simply open the material, set in the fan box, attach the battery and close the bunker. (Takes less than a minute). Move on to the next bunker while it self inflates.

As the material prevents paintballs from breaking hard on them, the material stays clean and they do not need to be washed at the end of the day. Also no need to squeegie them all day. The result is a minimum of $2000.00 savings in labor annually and 100% payback over the life of the bunkers.

There have been similar ideas in the past, but the problem field owners found was that they did not stay inflated long enough. We have spent the last two years upping technology at a reasonable cost. Now the bunkers will easily stay inflated for 7 to 12 hours with the included rechargeable batteries.

Also, mobile operations such as Splatmaster, Bazooka Ball, Laser Tag and Paintball can now put a 3 - Man 17 piece bunker set in 3 large carrying totes and easily move them in and out of a minivan.

Field owners may need to have the latest vinyl fields for your league tournaments. Using a set of Vortex bunkers between tournament dates will greatly enhance the life of your bunkers. They are workhorse bunkers and can take the day in day out need for setting up and taking down bunkers for your players.

Soon there will be a training kit for paintball stores that will allow players and small teams to purchase bunkers that can be used in the yard or in public places like parks to get drills in. They are not dependent on power and easily fit in to a gear bag.

The bunkers were well received at Paintball Extravaganza 2014 and the first purchased set has already shipped.

RedDotPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2014, 12:40 AM #2
STLOutlawz

STLOutlawz plays in the PSP
STLOutlawz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
STLOutlawz plays in the APPA D4 division
That Dorito looks HUGE!
Old 04-09-2014, 12:41 AM #3
theblackoutsavage
One Shot, One Kill

Annual Supporting Member
theblackoutsavage is BST Trusted
theblackoutsavage is playing at Living Legends VII
theblackoutsavage owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
theblackoutsavage has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
theblackoutsavage has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
theblackoutsavage supports Empire
theblackoutsavage owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
This looks awesome, hopefully our team could get some of these to drill
You gas up the marker, put on the mask, and walk onto the field. It doesn't matter that you failed a test, your girlfriend broke up with you the night before, or that you just had a bad day at work. This is your heaven on earth. Live it and Play it as if there was no tomorrow.
theblackoutsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:43 AM #4
RedDotPaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLOutlawz View Post
That Dorito looks HUGE!
Yes it is called the Monster Pyramid.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:47 AM #5
STLOutlawz

STLOutlawz plays in the PSP
STLOutlawz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
STLOutlawz plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDotPaintball View Post
Yes it is called the Monster Pyramid.
I didn't want to assume from the pictures but, do you guys do not produce any of the bunkers that the PSP uses?
Old 04-09-2014, 12:47 AM #6
PBshooter2013

Annual Supporting Member
PBshooter2013 plays in the PSP
PBshooter2013 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PBshooter2013 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackoutsavage View Post
This looks awesome, hopefully our team could get some of these to drill
i agree we should get some
Old 04-09-2014, 12:49 AM #7
Predator1117
Playing since 1995

Predator1117 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Predator1117 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I'm not convinced. Is there a video or something where you could show some of the details as to why your product is better?
Angel LCD
STO
Shocker NXT
Eaton Ripper
Luxe Oled
Empire Sniper
68 Carbine
Pro Lite
Predator1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:52 AM #8
RedDotPaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLOutlawz View Post
I didn't want to assume from the pictures but, do you guys do not produce any of the bunkers that the PSP uses?
Great question, we produce traditional shapes and some additional ones will be added. Not all shapes can be exactly the same as there are considerations for material and air flow. However, for day in day out use these are amazing. Our players like not getting called out from paint rub.

Currently the shapes are Large Can (can be played up or down), SM Can, Lg Dorito, Sm Dorito, LG Brick, Sm Brick, Cube, Beam, Tall Temple, SM Temple.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:54 AM #9
RedDotPaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator1117 View Post
I'm not convinced. Is there a video or something where you could show some of the details as to why your product is better?
This is a news forum. Pb Nation does not want us to post links etc. However, if you search the name and follow Google to Facebook, you will find a 1.5 hour NSL championship game whereby the bunkers are mixed within a vinyl set. The Vortex are purple and black in the video. This is the video we used at Paintball Extravaganza.

If you are a field owner and wish to have a demo bunker, it can be arranged.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:11 AM #10
shocker619
herro

shocker619 plays in the USPL
shocker619 plays in the PSP
shocker619 is an NCPA player
shocker619 plays in the APPA D3 division
Have played on and set up Vortex bunkers before. Great product! The only downside was the battery pack back then (2007).
Old 04-09-2014, 01:16 AM #11
tickytacky
I like turtles!!

tickytacky owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tickytacky supports Team VICIOUS
tickytacky is for the Gunfight
tickytacky supports Sherwood Forest
I can't believe these are back. Lol

I remember shooting them until they deflate.. then wait for it to air back up, and then shoot it some more!
Old 04-09-2014, 01:18 AM #12
RedDotPaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker619 View Post
Have played on and set up Vortex bunkers before. Great product! The only downside was the battery pack back then (2007).
Ha ha yes, the batteries and fan technology far surpasses 2007.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:14 AM #13
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

Say I have an entire set I want to reuse the next day. What are my options for recharging the batteries without too much fuss? The hidden cost here would appear to be the time and gear for recharging. That said it sounds like the time and effort saved by the design may completely offset that - depending on the answer to the above!
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:36 AM #14
RedDotPaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
Say I have an entire set I want to reuse the next day. What are my options for recharging the batteries without too much fuss? The hidden cost here would appear to be the time and gear for recharging. That said it sounds like the time and effort saved by the design may completely offset that - depending on the answer to the above!
The standard system comes with wall chargers that charge two batteries at a time. Depending on the running hours you may need to charge nightly or every weekend depending.

We have a complete charger that will charge 40 batteries at a time and it is a smart charger. This system adds to the cost.

Charging is simple. Plug in the charger, plug in two batteries and they are ready the next day.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:50 AM #15
deaallen

I just want to know why bunkers don't have a superhydrophobic coating on them to save on cleaning time?
deaallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:01 AM #16
L_x
Alex Hodge

L_x works for a Paintball manufacturer
L_x posts videos on PbNation
Does every bunker have it's own fan unit, or do you share a few fans between the various bunkers as and when they're required?

Alex Hodge | Freelance Industrial Designer
Facebook
Portfolio
Youtube

Any posts I make are from myself as an individual and do not represent the views of the companies I design for.
L_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:30 AM #17
RedDotPaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaallen View Post
I just want to know why bunkers don't have a superhydrophobic coating on them to save on cleaning time?
You don't have to clean Vortex Bunkers all the time. You give them damp cloth brushing. Very simple.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:33 AM #18
RedDotPaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_x View Post
Does every bunker have it's own fan unit, or do you share a few fans between the various bunkers as and when they're required?
Great question. Each bunker comes with a fan box and a battery and charger. The fan boxes are placed inside the bunkers when in use and outside when not in use. They are interchangeable. They are replaceable if necessary down the road.

The nice thing with Vortex is the first purchase you are paying for batteries and fans. A few years later heavily used bunkers may need to be replaced, but you can buy just the bunker shell. IE you replace only what you need to when you want to. You do not need to purchase a complete new bunker.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:38 AM #19
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

The 40 battery smart charger sounds great, that'd be the way to go. If the price is reasonable it's a very good alternative.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:30 AM #20
splatzone

has been a member for 10 years
These are Great Product. We used them at our field.. Back when They first came out. I could get 2 8 hr days on a full Charge.. When you are done.. There is no mess on the bunkers. If they do get dirty. Just toss them in the washer and you are done.. A Complete Field will fold up into two large storage bins..

I have Tested and used these Fields And they stand up great to any abuse you can give them. If someone Jumps on them they won't pop. They will blow out the Velco Seam. just walk up redo the Velcro if needed and it's inflated again in 30 seconds. I have never seen a Bunker that you shoot over and over and it deflates. These have a Flap on the Fan that doesn't allow air to go back out so they stay inflated when they are being shot or if you lean into them.

They are also great for Indoor Fields. Toss couple sand bags inside and they will stay anywhere you put them.
Http://www.splatzone.net
Http://Paintballauctions.net
splatzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:02 AM #21
kraemer73

My 45 bunker set should be arriving next week. I can't Wait! I am really impressed with these bunkers. paint rarely breaks on them. Charging is no big hassle. Most importantly, set up and take down is really quick and they store in a small footprint. If you're in Idaho, come out to Pyrrhic and play on them.
kraemer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.