Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-07-2014, 08:57 AM #1
TonyTheAsian

a-5 and 98 custom flatline barrel interchangable ?

Is the a-5 and 98 custom using the same exact flat line barrel ?

I'm planning on building the monsterspin system like trailsofdoom on YouTube ( apex2 and flat line )

He's using it on his a-5 which have the quick barrel release ( not sure if the 98C have the same thing ) which allow him to change the drop distance, etc
TonyTheAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2014, 11:10 AM #2
reshafer

reshafer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
reshafer is attending Decay of Nations VII
They use 2 different threads so they are not the same barrel. Also the quick change system does not change drop distance, that is done by a rubber tongue inside the apex which puts a spin on the ball. Outside of threads I believe the two barrels are the same.
reshafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:10 PM #3
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
My MonsterSpin is the new "foregrip" style A-5 barrel, I just took off the shroud and tape modded the Apex 2 tip on the end.

I have an old 98 flatline, and it has a tip on it, that I need to remove before I can put the Apex on it... But, it is on my workbench to do that as soon as I get some time... It is quite a bit longer than the A-5 flatline, but I would guess it will work fine.

The 98 flatline is threaded through, so you can't take it off as easily as the A-5 version.

I'm pretty sure the barrel itself isn't threaded on either version. I know for sure the A-5 has a little screw that locks it in place on the adapter that goes into the A-5, and I would guess the 98 is the same... I just can't remember...

The MonsterSpin is amazingly fun! By far the best barrel I have ever shot. But, if you get breaks in it, you pretty much have to stop and clean it before playing anymore, as the paint inside kills the accuracy. I hope to have some video this weekend that will show what happens when you run a broken ball through the system... I dropped a few pods, and didn't realize I had broken balls, until I ran them through my system coating it with paint!

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:12 PM #4
Jay2014

I converted an old style 98 Flatline barrel to fit on an A5. The rumor was out there that it was more accurate than the shorter A5 barrel and I wanted to find out. You can take the 98 threads off by removing a set screw, but the different angle of the longer barrel causes it to shoot downwards at an angle similar to the Apex tip with it mounted to an A5 adapter.

It wasn't any more accurate, and porting it did not reduce the sound signature so it is in a box in the garage. If anyone is interested PM me. I had it on the B/S/T board on A5OG for a while.
Jay2014 is online now   Reply With Quote