Killship plays in the PSP
Killship posts videos on PbNation
Killship plays in the APPA D3 division
East Coast Womens Tournament 2014

here is a video of the ECW all the women around the world come to play
at Big Indian Paintball Perry ,GA

STICKER SHARK http://www.facebook.com/StickerShark
EVAN FYFE #1 Fan

Last edited by Killship : 04-06-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Killship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2014, 09:22 PM #2
twichyfingerIII

twichyfingerIII has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
twichyfingerIII has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Does anyone else find this sexist? We don't have an males tournament. Handouts everywhere obamaleague
twichyfingerIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:34 PM #3
InDy_Baller

InDy_Baller plays in the PSP
InDy_Baller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
InDy_Baller supports our troops
InDy_Baller plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by twichyfingerIII View Post
Does anyone else find this sexist? We don't have an males tournament. Handouts everywhere obamaleague
not at all. I think it's pretty cool....these chics kick a$$

www.trademygun.com--www.paintballplex.com

**GI Sportz**Planet Eclipse**

SPG
Old Feedback (10+/0-)
InDy_Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:37 PM #4
Ryan O'Rourke
H-A-M

Ryan O'Rourke is BST Trusted
Ryan O'Rourke is playing at Living Legends VII
Ryan O'Rourke owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ryan O'Rourke posts videos on PbNation
Ryan O'Rourke supports Empire
Quote:
This is definitely not sexist. Yes there are certainly leagues where only men attend. This is an awesome tournament AND video that disproves the stereotype that paintball is 100 percent men and also shows that there are plenty of women who are great at paintball, love it just as much as any man and can compete at a high level. If anything this is a showcase for teams out their to pick up some more women ballers because they can contribute to the team as more than a pod filler and also shows other women that paintball is a sport for them and there are plenty of other women like them that are great at it and want to play.

End rant.... Great video, great looking tourney, would love to see more!

"Originally posted by eforce: Headwraps are no more a part of paintball history than the salty jockstraps worn by random rec ballers in the 90's."
Ryan O'Rourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:36 PM #5
otb

otb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
otb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
otb supports DLX Technology
Bea sandbagging
otb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:59 AM #6
contract*killa
MASS Media

contract*killa posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
not everything is co-ed

they have gender leagues in other adult sports.
contract*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:36 AM #7
Fizzgig78

Fizzgig78 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fizzgig78 is for the Gunfight
Its not sexist, I don't know about stateside but here in the UK there are not loads of female players or teams and it is a very male dominated sport.
That said we have some great female players I see some pals Charlotte, Emma and Lemon from Ultraviolet who made the trip to play over the water from the UK.
Paintball is not and doesn't have to be like most other sports (male dominated) and events like this raise the profile and make it accessible to young women wanting to get into PB.
Fizzgig78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:35 PM #8
NYEric

Very cool! Thanks for posting.
NYEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:00 PM #9
Albinopitbul

Albinopitbul owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Albinopitbul owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Albinopitbul plays in the APPA D4 division
Good look way to try to expand the sport !!
Back Player #00
Come See Me
Albinopitbul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:00 PM #10
EKKsoldier622
561-772

EKKsoldier622 plays in the PSP
EKKsoldier622 is an NCPA player
Enjoyed the video. Surprised this wasn't held in Florida
Old 04-09-2014, 04:43 PM #11
beayoungs
Destiny All-Female PBall

Annual Supporting Member
It's an OPEN event

Quote:
Originally Posted by otb View Post
Bea sandbagging
It's an OPEN event.
But I take it as a compliment. I try to see the positive in everything.

Mike Paxson Fan #1 (sharing #1 spot with GOHurricanes999)
www.MikePaxson.com
beayoungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:15 PM #12
beayoungs
Destiny All-Female PBall

Annual Supporting Member
Sexy, not Sexist

Quote:
I think it was a typo and he meant to type "Sexy", not "Sexist".
But seriously, this is a spotlight type of an event, featuring women in paintball, but most importantly, giving the ladies in the sport a chance to get together and learn from one another, share stories, have pillow fights, gossip, you know, things that the estrogen-filled female-kind of human specie likes to do. This was a weekend full of fun activities for us, where we can learn from the pros like Nicky Cuba and Rocky Cagnoni. Some women also like to have a place to go to and be in a "safe" environment where men won't eyeball them the whole time and they can concentrate on the task at hand amidst other women, where they won't be judged too harshly. It's just the nature of the woman.

Then you have women that are like men, who are super competitive, bitter towards their own gender, who make assumptions that women in paintball get things for free because they are "pretty" or have nice legs, or have big boobs, whatever. Those are the girls that are tainted by the boys they play with at their local fields and hear their male friends say things like, "Oh well, you get things for free" or "you get attention because you're a girl" and then all of a sudden, that poor girl player gets brainwashed into thinking they have no value and should get no respect because they're "a girl", that any female player that's in the spotlight currently doesn't deserve it until they've won a PSP in D1 as an all-female team. (That's a whole other article, and I wish I was a billionaire, because I would MOVE all those girls into the same city, pay them a salary to be awesome at playing paintball, and go win a D1 event because now we can practice every weekend together towards that goal. Playing PRO as, at least, a mostly-female team, is a whole new can of worms that again can be written into another article, LOL).

Honestly, there's a place for sexy women in any industry, because apparently it coincides with the whole idea that "sex sells" and sponsors sometimes get super happy about putting their product on these beautiful women - and that's OK.

We all serve a purpose and seeing women, a rarity in our industry, play paintball is eye-catching. People are naturally drawn to those things that "stand out" or are "different" and "not typical". So, why are you stressing out about the fact that this may be deemed "sexist" when in actuality, it's bringing in more "customers" to the industry, contributing to the economy of paintball, and an event such as this gives these women an opportunity to learn and even have a level of measurement of where they stand against some of the more experienced female players and how they've succeeded and continue to have longevity in the sport?

Don't miss the point, please. We are NOT trying to segregate ourselves and leave out the men. We are simply featuring women (who are a rarity and a small percentage in the grand paintball scheme of things) in a fun-filled weekend, with some competition to keep us on our lady toes. We are always asked the question, "Well, who's the best female player?" or "Who's the best female team in the world?" We kinda need events like this to truly help us figure that answer out, right? But trust me when I say this, we all still want to be able to play in any event that is male-dominated because we are drawn to it, attracted to it, and enjoy it. We love watching guys play and love learning from them.

I honestly love seeing more women enter this industry and keep at it. It's so hard to find loyal female players that continue to play, even after giving birth to children, and then fighting the stereotypes that after us women have kids that we're supposed to be the ones to stay home and manage the household. I also don't want DESTINY to be the only all-female team in the country. I want to see new female teams form their teams, like the FREEDOM ANGELS are doing in Maryland. Competition breeds excellence.

HANDOUTS
We don't get anything for "free". We still have to work for everything we are given, even if it's given at a discount or a free shirt at an event. Sponsors give women a "free shirt" hoping that they'll wear it around the event and maybe get their picture taken because of how pretty their smile is - it's done in every part of any kind of sporting event. Don't get mad at the girls - get mad at the sponsors for using it as a marketing opportunity.

So let me ask YOU this - what are you doing to promote the sport of paintball? Are you working hard to stand out in the crowd, stop and be nice to a curious walk-on player who's playing paintball for the first time, constantly talking about paintball or looking for creative ways to promote the sport? I commend every single girl player and girl team that came out and participated because they helped contribute to the sport and promoted it to the utmost degree. KUDOS LADY BALLERS. YOU PROMOTE PAINTBALL WELL BECAUSE OF HOW RARE YOU ARE IN THIS SPORT and because of how approachable and willing you are to share paintball with others without bitterness. RESPECT.

Mike Paxson Fan #1 (sharing #1 spot with GOHurricanes999)
www.MikePaxson.com

Last edited by beayoungs : 04-09-2014 at 05:23 PM.
beayoungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:49 PM #13
Rainingbrass

Annual Supporting Member
Rainingbrass owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Rainingbrass owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Boom! Shots fired Bea!!! haha incredibly well thought out and spoken
Rainingbrass is offline   Reply With Quote