Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2014, 11:50 AM #22
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I'd bet you don't understand evolution either.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2014, 12:23 PM #23
cressybear
Oklahoma PB
 
cressybear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pryor
cressybear owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
LilbBasedgod
__________________
Two peanuts walk into a bar, one was a salted.
cressybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:44 PM #24
Savage Mikey
 
 
Savage Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I was just curious how non-Christian men resist the urges is all. I mean, God keeps me faithful to my wife, I wonder how atheists do it.
If that was what you were curious about, I don't know why you brought up homosexuals....but anyway...

Every atheist will have there own reasons for either being faithful to their wife or girl friend, partner etc. For me, i value my relationship to my girl friend. I dont cheat on her because of that.
Savage Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:23 PM #25
automagsrule
LOIC
 
automagsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Monkey Island
If God is not, then is everything permitted?
__________________

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:35 PM #26
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Mikey View Post
If that was what you were curious about, I don't know why you brought up homosexuals....but anyway...

Every atheist will have there own reasons for either being faithful to their wife or girl friend, partner etc. For me, i value my relationship to my girl friend. I dont cheat on her because of that.
No I meant how do you resist attraction to other males without God?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:51 PM #27
Savage Mikey
 
 
Savage Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by automagsrule View Post
If God is not, then is everything permitted?
I assume you mean morally permitted? No. I dont think so and no other atheist that I have met has come to the conclusion that because gods are unlikey to exist that we can just do whatever we want regardless of how it effects other people. Atheists, like any other group of people have differing opinions on exactly what should or should not be permitted in society, we just dont base our reasons on religion or faith.
Savage Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:58 PM #28
Savage Mikey
 
 
Savage Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
No I meant how do you resist attraction to other males without God?
It's not an issue for me. I dont have attraction to others males in a sexual way. I was born heterosexual. Is it an issue for you? I dont want to miss interpret what your saying, but reading over your statements it sounds like if it wasnt for your belief in a god that you would either have attraction to males or that you do have attraction to males but your beliefs somehow restricts you from acting on it?
Savage Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:15 PM #29
cressybear
Oklahoma PB
 
cressybear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pryor
cressybear owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
So your born not gay?
__________________
Two peanuts walk into a bar, one was a salted.
cressybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:18 PM #30
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Mikey View Post
It's not an issue for me. I dont have attraction to others males in a sexual way. I was born heterosexual. Is it an issue for you? I dont want to miss interpret what your saying, but reading over your statements it sounds like if it wasnt for your belief in a god that you would either have attraction to males or that you do have attraction to males but your beliefs somehow restricts you from acting on it?
So what you're telling me is that atheists believe that homosexuality isn't temptation placed in all men by God to test their faith?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:32 PM #31
Savage Mikey
 
 
Savage Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, WA
I cannot speak for all atheists. As for what I think...I dont think that any god or gods exist....so... if I dont even think gods exist, how could I think they are responsible for placing a homosexual temptation in anyone? Please answer my previous question.
Savage Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:57 PM #32
Umami
"That guy"
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Baltimore
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
I can't decide whether to laugh or cry.

__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:37 PM #33
cressybear
Oklahoma PB
 
cressybear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pryor
cressybear owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
#godsnotdead
__________________
Two peanuts walk into a bar, one was a salted.
cressybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:48 PM #34
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Well if the first man came from "primates", then who did he mate with to make other people? If you say he had sex with a primate, that's ****ing gross.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:01 PM #35
automagsrule
LOIC
 
automagsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Monkey Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Mikey View Post
I assume you mean morally permitted? No. I dont think so and no other atheist that I have met has come to the conclusion that because gods are unlikey to exist that we can just do whatever we want regardless of how it effects other people. Atheists, like any other group of people have differing opinions on exactly what should or should not be permitted in society, we just dont base our reasons on religion or faith.
If God is not the source of our ethical obligations, what is?
__________________

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:11 AM #36
onetwothree123
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: WA
You dont think there is a possibility that there is a god? I understand agnostic, but atheist is just stubborn and closed minded. You know there is a chance god exists.
onetwothree123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:30 AM #37
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower
 
spracks21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
^This. Look, there either is a god, or there isn't. Thankfully, we have the Bible to know Him through, but even leaving this proof aside, It's essentially a 50/50 chance, and personally, I rather not gamble with my salvation!

I pray that you someday let go of whatever it is that is keeping you from loving Him. Remember man, Jesus SAVES!
__________________
Aimless Factory
#21

Last edited by spracks21 : 04-08-2014 at 06:33 AM.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:20 AM #38
sucka T.
 
 
sucka T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: GA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
^This. Look, there either is a god, or there isn't. Thankfully, we have the Bible to know Him through, but even leaving this proof aside, It's essentially a 50/50 chance, and personally, I rather not gamble with my salvation! I pray that you someday let go of whatever it is that is keeping you from loving Him. Remember man, Jesus SAVES!
I don't gamble with my salvation either. That's why I pray to Jesus, Allah, zues , Odin, and zanidu. Just in case.
__________________
1st Annual ST Friendship BBQ

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102
sucka T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:15 AM #39
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower
 
spracks21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by sucka T. View Post
I don't gamble with my salvation either. That's why I pray to Jesus, Allah, zues , Odin, and zanidu. Just in case.
That's better than no prayer at all, I guess. But God gave us the Bible for a reason, just saying..
__________________
Aimless Factory
#21
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:21 AM #40
sucka T.
 
 
sucka T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: GA
 has been a member for 10 years
He also gave us the Koran, just saying. Maybe you should reconsider.
__________________
1st Annual ST Friendship BBQ

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102
sucka T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:55 AM #41
Savage Mikey
 
 
Savage Mikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vancouver, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
Well if the first man came from "primates", then who did he mate with to make other people? If you say he had sex with a primate, that's ****ing gross.
If you have questions concerning evolution please take a look at the website http://www.talkorigins.org

It will give you all the basic information plus give references on where to find more information. There is frankly too much information to cover to put it in this format.
Savage Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 AM #42
sucka T.
 
 
sucka T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: GA
 has been a member for 10 years
Miley. He is trolling you.
__________________
1st Annual ST Friendship BBQ

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102
sucka T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump