Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-23-2014, 07:48 PM #1
Ridman

g5 issues

this is a problem ive not been able to find on google or pbnation so i hope someone here can help me out.

ill describe this as best as i can. WHEN the gun shoots, the fps start at around 450fps and with successive fire gradually decreases to around 350. after any slight pause, the fps returns to around 450fps and repeats the gradual decrease. i turned me velocity to zero and slowly increased it until the gun would fire and as soon as it has enough pressure to fire it has the same problem of shooting 450fps. when attempting to remedy the issue the oring in the breach eventually blows. since the problem began ive completely taken apart, cleaned and lubed EVERYTHING. solenoid, regulator, bolt/breach......everything. the only thing i really havent done is fully remove the velocity screw from the regulator....

im far from what one would consider a gun tech but from what i can deduce the air pressure isnt being regulated properly. thats what really leaves me stumped because the regulator on this damn thing is astoundingly simple so after a good cleaning and lubrication of that i seriously cant figure out where to go from here to remedy this persisting problem.

HELP....please
Ridman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2014, 08:07 PM #2
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Are you using a high pressure tank? If you can adjust it to low pressure, do that. The G5 is known to have issues with high pressure. It needs medium or low.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:09 PM #3
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
follow this guide http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3457681

hp tank wont cause these issues. The gun is probably not cycling at regular pressures because the grease (stock grease) is not very good.

Also start with a brand new name brand batter, no off brand junk.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:12 PM #4
Ridman

using a ninja pro regulator with 1 shim (cant remember the psi output of that but i remember its within the range the general populace agrees is safe) and im using gog gr33se
Old 03-24-2014, 08:17 AM #5
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
sounds like reg creep to me.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:47 AM #6
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

at first it does sound like creep but sometimes its not. I know my very first G3 would need way too much pressure to finally shoot.. and once it did, it was over 300.

Junk grease, its like glue. Clean up that noid and go from there.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:43 PM #7
Ridman

Is the gog gr33se I'm using not a good grease? I also have hater sauce for my dm9, would that be better?
Old 03-24-2014, 01:30 PM #8
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridman View Post
Is the gog gr33se I'm using not a good grease? I also have hater sauce for my dm9, would that be better?
It's fine. I use it on my specr and threshold and have no problems.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:25 PM #9
Ridman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedloc View Post
It's fine. I use it on my specr and threshold and have no problems.
well then the lubricant isnt the problem.....idk what to do about this thing
Old 03-24-2014, 07:47 PM #10
GraniteGargoyle

I would have to think it's the reg on the marker. It's not regulating
Old 03-24-2014, 08:42 PM #11
Ridman

ha, i think you and i are on the same page. i just cant figure out why though. ive looked the thing over a dozen times. no visible wear on any surfaces or orings and ive tried ajusting the velocity multiple times. ive cleaned and relubed it multiple times, each time being sure i isnt overlubed but has enough to function. i mean the regulator is as simple as they come.....its a spring and a piston. i suppose ill just replace the oring on the piston just in case its somehow become swollen.

any other ideas are truly welcome
Old 03-24-2014, 08:51 PM #12
geckx7
Ballin' out with blanks

geckx7 supports Team VICIOUS
geckx7 supports Team VICIOUS
geckx7 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
geckx7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Where you located. Maybe you're lucky enough to have someone on here local to you. Another set of eyes always helps.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:27 PM #13
learningxp

Are you sure nothig was put back in upside down or backwards? Piston is proper in the reg and the piston thing in the solenoid isn't backwards?
DP Rev-i
DP Fusion X
Bob Long MVP
Macdev Clone GT
learningxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:56 PM #14
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

backwards noid piston wont cause this problem. A noid that is gunked up will. Takes too much preasure to run the gun. Once the pressure is high enough, the noid breaks free and fires, the problem is that it requires too much pressure and the gun shoots hot.

This is also caused by too little dwell. The dwell has to be REAL low to cause this though so im sure its not the issue. Dwell should be 12ms but even 10ms will run fine.

Quote:
well then the lubricant isnt the problem.....idk what to do about this thing
how many times do i have to say it.

Re grease the solenoid

Ive done this 4 million times over.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:42 PM #15
Ridman

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
backwards noid piston wont cause this problem. A noid that is gunked up will. Takes too much preasure to run the gun. Once the pressure is high enough, the noid breaks free and fires, the problem is that it requires too much pressure and the gun shoots hot.

This is also caused by too little dwell. The dwell has to be REAL low to cause this though so im sure its not the issue. Dwell should be 12ms but even 10ms will run fine.

how many times do i have to say it.

Re grease the solenoid

Ive done this 4 million times over.
I've redone the solenoid twice as is, thing is spotless aside from the lube I re-applied but given that I haven't resolved this issue I guess it wouldn't hurt. I'll replace those o rings as well as the one in the regulator in case they did swell for whatever reason

As far as dwell, I've not touched the factory settings which I believe is set at the lowest increment of 12

Last edited by Ridman : 03-24-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:43 PM #16
Ridman

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningxp View Post
Are you sure nothig was put back in upside down or backwards? Piston is proper in the reg and the piston thing in the solenoid isn't backwards?
I've double checked through the manual, everything is assembled properly.

And to answer that other question, I'm located in Richmond Virginia
Old 03-24-2014, 10:53 PM #17
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

Quote:
I've redone the solenoid twice as is, thing is spotless aside from the lube I re-applied but given that I haven't resolved this issue I guess it wouldn't hurt. I'll replace those o rings as well as the one in the regulator in case they did swell for whatever reason

As far as dwell, I've not touched the factory settings which I believe is set at the lowest increment of 12
im sorry, either you didnt post or i missread. No need to go back over the noid if you already did.

The lowest setting is not 12ms. If you are at the min dwell setting, its for sure too low.

Its been said but ill say it again, dead batterys do this too. Check your battery with your tongue (for real! )

The fitment of the bolt might be really tight. What would you say it is? The fit of the bolt inside the body should be enough that it does not fall out on its own but requires little force to move it with your finger. The fitment on the backcap stem oring should be VERY loose. Enough that gravity can pull the bolt off the backcap.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:03 AM #18
GraniteGargoyle

You prolly didn't want to list every part in the reg, but you said something about the spring and piston, is the bearing in there? From what I gather from seeing people talk in here, there have been a few stuck bearings. Also, definitely check the board settings like Foxx said. These guys have helped me with numerous things and usually it's the most simple thing
Old 03-25-2014, 06:47 PM #19
Ridman

so an update to you all who have helped me thus far, i have been wondering if somehow my orings had become swollen. i dont know why they would be swollen buuuut im running out of ideas so i figured i would act on that one. i replaced the orings on the solenoid piston. i also replaced the one on the piston within the regulator. aside from the bolt, those are the only moving parts withen the gun and the bolt cycles by hand with ease. i will not be able to test if this actually worked until 2 weeks from now when i can get to a chrono but i after zeroing out my velocity screw and aiting up the gun while slowly increasing the velocity it SEEMS to be operating better. before my last attempt, if i aired it up it had a hell of a kick when dry fired regardless where i adjusted the regulator and it would eventually blow that oring

i guess ill revive this thread in 2 weeks if the gun still malfuntions
Old 04-18-2014, 08:25 PM #20
WalkingBullseye

So I guess I'll be the one to revive this thread. I just bought the gun off of Ridman. I knew it had issues and found this thread before I made the purchase, but I couldn't pass on the price. Here's some pics of my initial findings. I haven't taken the regulator apart yet, though.

This is actually my first marker and I don't even have a tank or hopper yet. It might be a little while before I have everything I need to troubleshoot this thing. I'll let you guys know what I find.

WalkingBullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:53 PM #21
CA_Tectonics

Break down the regulator and post up a pic of the reg seat on the end of the velocity adjustment screw (the black rubber-like surface). I bet it is damaged.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote