Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-16-2014, 10:39 PM #1
maintenanceman77

Ball Detent for a Spyder Raven Primal

Does anyone know if you can buy Ball detents for the Raven Primal? Or is there a way to make one. I bought this marker cheap for my son that loves older paintball markers. I'm really new to this sorry, so any help on this would mean alot. Thanks
maintenanceman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2014, 10:52 AM #2
cpt_crunch

cpt_crunch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
that gun was discontinued a very long time ago. If the detents are the rubber style I believe that Bob long detents are interchangeable
Lover of All Things Paintball

Buy my airsoft gear
cpt_crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:22 PM #3
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
I would go down to the hardware store (like ace/truevalue) and just drop in a ball bearing that doesn't fall through. Then find a spring that is light or stiff enough to work. i would use a cut and stretched pen spring. Then use some kind of epoxy or even hot glue to tack the spring to ball and then to cover.

We used to this to our VS2's as they came with large holes for soft detents that constantly just blew out. Ball bearing mod is great for actual play.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:43 AM #4
cpt_crunch

Ball bearings would work for the spyders with the metal detents. Im not sure which ones the primal had

Buy my airsoft gear
Old 03-19-2014, 03:39 AM #5
pump_shooty

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt_crunch View Post
that gun was discontinued a very long time ago. If the detents are the rubber style I believe that Bob long detents are interchangeable
way to make me feel old, just sold my em1
Old 03-19-2014, 04:59 PM #6
mountainviewchris
I started the :daveface:

Annual Supporting Member
mountainviewchris is a Moderator
mountainviewchris is a Paintball photographer
mountainviewchris is playing at Living Legends VII
I believe those used the rubber nubbin detents. Kingman still produces them! Your local store should be able to help you out.

-Chris

Certified for: Planet Eclipse, DYE, Empire/Invert, Tippmann, BT, Bob Long and Dangerous Power with 13+ years experience in the industry, ask me anything, I know more than anyone.
mountainviewchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:26 PM #7
maintenanceman77

Thanks for all the help guys!!! I will look into making my own if thats what i need to to. Still sucks that i can't find them and no I've asked and nobody seems able to find them lol. I know its not produced anymore but the guns are still out there and being used. Parts for this gun are VERY hard to find. My boy may love this marker but at this rate he my just have to deal with a newer style of marker.... Yeah the Bob long ones look like they might work. The shape of them are a little bit different but with a little work and luck it might work. Again a million thanks guys. Everyone on here seems to be really great ppl and you guys know your markers unlike alot of sites i've been on. Props to you guys.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:42 PM #8
NeinBall

Primals use metal ball detents, you'll have to get a detent for a classic style E-frame Spyder like a Fenix ACS or Esprit/Imagine and swap the spring and ball bearing out of it into the Primal eye cover. Provided it will fit in the Primal eye cover Kila Spyder style magnetic detents should work as well. I own a Primal so feel free to hit me up if you have any other questions about it.

Link to a Spyder metal detent:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ball-Stopper...em27cfd7 f172
Old 03-26-2014, 01:22 AM #9
maintenanceman77

Thanks a million NeinBall and i might do that when i get the chance to work on it again. works been busy and I've had little time.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:28 AM #10
maintenanceman77

Kila Products Magnetic Ball Detents Bob Long Alias I found on Ebay looks like they would work. What do you guys think?
Old 05-22-2014, 01:10 AM #11
maintenanceman77

Well I was lucky and won a complete working Raven off of Ebay. Man they are they hard to find and still for a lost gun you have to pay out the back side. Any ideas on the best upgrades or even if theres any left out there. The marker works great and I've got almost a complete marker for parts. Heck it's brand new. Just missing the Ball detents and ASA. Even has the box and eveything including the chargers. Again thanks for the help everyone.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:56 AM #12
cpt_crunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by maintenanceman77 View Post
Well I was lucky and won a complete working Raven off of Ebay. Man they are they hard to find and still for a lost gun you have to pay out the back side. Any ideas on the best upgrades or even if theres any left out there. The marker works great and I've got almost a complete marker for parts. Heck it's brand new. Just missing the Ball detents and ASA. Even has the box and eveything including the chargers. Again thanks for the help everyone.
New feedneck, New ASA, New barrel. Thats all I'd do

Buy my airsoft gear