Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-13-2014, 10:27 AM #1
juztinrf

Question anybody own a revi?

Sooo i wanna buy a new gun. I have a g3..ape oled board.cp trigger.techt bolt and barrel boaring kit. Basically any upgrade worth having and i love it..its so simple to use and change setting and maintain. It never breaks. Never has bolt stick issues..any mechanicall problems for as long as ive had it. Soo reliable. I can play for two days straight leave it sitting for a a couple weeks forgetting to clean and lube..pull it out and start ripping it up like nothing. Sureee the accuracy sucks and it sucks air like crazzyyy but i can always depend on it so ill never get rid of it.

But i want something new and retire this to my back up. Im torn between an LV1 and a Revi...i have my concerns about both tho.

Lv1 obviously the price...second the maintenece! Seems like everybody i know that owns a high end gun just always seems to be working on it...i dont wanna pay $1300 for something i gotta bo working on constantly..should be the more you pay the easier it gets lol!! But i dont know much about the lv1 so maybe i should just shut up and buy it.

The Revi....love that it seems so simple like my g3. Looks awesome..nobody has em. Easy maintence and dp name seems sooo reliable. But am i going to spend $800 on it when actually it pronly not much better of a gun than my g3 with all the upgrades i got on it.??
juztinrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2014, 01:42 PM #2
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by juztinrf View Post
Sooo i wanna buy a new gun. I have a g3..ape oled board.cp trigger.techt bolt and barrel boaring kit. Basically any upgrade worth having and i love it..its so simple to use and change setting and maintain. It never breaks. Never has bolt stick issues..any mechanicall problems for as long as ive had it. Soo reliable. I can play for two days straight leave it sitting for a a couple weeks forgetting to clean and lube..pull it out and start ripping it up like nothing. Sureee the accuracy sucks and it sucks air like crazzyyy but i can always depend on it so ill never get rid of it.

But i want something new and retire this to my back up. Im torn between an LV1 and a Revi...i have my concerns about both tho.

Lv1 obviously the price...second the maintenece! Seems like everybody i know that owns a high end gun just always seems to be working on it...i dont wanna pay $1300 for something i gotta bo working on constantly..should be the more you pay the easier it gets lol!! But i dont know much about the lv1 so maybe i should just shut up and buy it.

The Revi....love that it seems so simple like my g3. Looks awesome..nobody has em. Easy maintence and dp name seems sooo reliable. But am i going to spend $800 on it when actually it pronly not much better of a gun than my g3 with all the upgrades i got on it.??
First, dont buy new. Try to find a used one with a techt engine. You will save a good chunk of money that way.

Second, the LV1 is a good marker. I dont know what problems you have seen people have with it, but i have multiple friends that have them and they almost never have to do anything other than clean the bolt now and again. The Rev-i is a solid marker as well. It's super easy to maintain and comes with a nice case and barrel kit for less than the LV1. Both markers are great in my opinion.

Without the techt engine, the rev-i is definitely still going to be less efficient than the LV1. It is mostly going to come down to personal preference for you. I have owned 2 different Rev-i markers and I loved them. If i had the opportunity to get another, I would.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:52 PM #3
specopsdeath2
DANGER ZONE

Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 plays in the APPA D3 division
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Hold and shoot both of them if you can. That will be a HUGE starting point and reason behind getting one over the other.

The LV1 kind of had issues with the lever getting too broken in (inside the valve) so people had to raise their pressures which really isnt a problem. Other than that, there have really been no problems I have seen besides random stupid stuff that has happened due to user error.

Most certainly buy used like Dedloc said. Again, before you buy shoot both if you can. That will solidify which you would prefer. Once you do decide, search to find the best deal you can
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:44 PM #4
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

PaperBoyWS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The Rev-I is a great marker and I have one as a back up to my Geo+. If you're taking the route of buying a used one, try and find one with the original Ape board in it. With the TechT bolt engine it becomes an amazing, and amazingly quiet, marker.
TiPX/TPX Aftermarket Parts List
Empire Trracer. Tippmann SL-68 II. Tippmann TiPX. DP Rev-I. PE Geo+. Sheridan KP3. Milsig MK3 CQB Pro. 2k2 WGP pump 'cocker. WGP Trilogy Pro. Survival Game Splatmaster. Sheridan PGP.
PaperBoyWS is offline   Reply With Quote