UPDATE: 8/5/14 - The names in the picture below are incorrect and obsolete when compared to the current names by GI. Please do not go by these names as some of the lens names have changed.
Figured I might as well add my info I got while at PSP Chicago.
GI was selling 5 different HDR lens for $45 each. See the picture below.
HDR - High Definition Refractive
- Zero Glare and reduced UV
- Distortion-Free w/ Anti-Fog (Dual-Pane Lens)
- High Contrast Polarization
- Meets ASTM / CE standards
- Potential colors based off back of packaging: Gold, Amethyst (Purple), Sapphire (Sky Blue), Ruby, Emerald, Platinum, Ice, Crystal, Spectrum... I'm guessing the names are not final because as you might have already noticed some of these are different from the names in the picture.
From looking through them, the crystal and sapphire lens are slighly less tinted than the Imperial and Magneto.
After looking at all the different lenses offered by various brands (Dye, Empire, GI, Virtue), these in my opinion
are the sharpest looking colors in person. I'll admit I didn't actually look through all the lenses for quality comparison, but looking at them these are the flashiest
. Vision quality looking through the HDR lens is top-notch. As someone else mentioned it is like looking through a pair of high end sunglasses like Oakleys.
Final misc. note: Yes you can use these if you fish
or so I was told by a GI rep
HDR Lens Display at PSP Chicago (Bottom 2 are non-HDR, and yes that is just a GI sticker):
*****(8/5/14) NAMES PICTURED HAVE CHANGED. PLEASE DO NOT REFERENCE LENS NAMES FROM THIS PICTURE*****