Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 03-17-2014, 01:36 PM #85
BatmanLiera

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben View Post
Dust.
Damn! Was hoping it was gloss

My luxe threaded v3 should be shipping this week. Only gloss is available so I took it. I hope it is not too shiny. But any way I'm thinking I will just plasti digit like my dw.
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2014, 01:38 PM #86
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben is a Paintball photographer
xluben plays in the PSP
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xluben posts videos on PbNation
xluben owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I imagine gloss will be glossy.

Plasti dip doesn't seem like it would hold up well to tip wear but at least it is cheap and easy.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:47 PM #87
BatmanLiera

Quote:

Plasti dip doesn't seem like it would hold up well to tip wear but at least it is cheap and easy.
yeah on aluminium it doesent hold on too well it holds extremely good on my dw cf fibur maybe cause its not a slick surface its a little dusty rough nice cf
Old 03-17-2014, 01:55 PM #88
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben plays in the PSP
Just rough up the barrel with sandpaper.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:07 PM #89
acabello72

acabello72 is playing at Living Legends VII
acabello72 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
perfect answer
acabello72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:12 PM #90
BatmanLiera

Quote:
Originally Posted by acabello72 View Post
perfect answer
their is gloss that is just not dust and is called gloss

buty then their is gloss that is like a ****en mirror gloss shinny like a mofo

i hope its the first i described
Old 03-17-2014, 02:26 PM #91
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Deathwish_DW helped look for balloons
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends III
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends VII
Deathwish_DW supports Sherwood Forest
Deathwish_DW is Legendary
Deathwish_DW supports DLX Technology
Joe has been flaunting how the updated barrel will kick ***.

I'm sitting here and wondering what would happen if I did a Stella, Lurker, and Disruptive Products comparison. It wouldn't be a 1 v 1 v 1 because the different ways in which the bore sizes are handled would cause variation.. but it'd be cool to actually substantiate everyone's suspicions about the top of the line barrels vs. the "standard" barrels that everyone else uses.

I think the world would explode from awesomesauce.

Becker@BeckerPaintball.com

Proud Dealer of: Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG Deadlywind - Valken - MacDev - Inception Designs
*!* eBay◄2346+ PBNation◄310+ *!*
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:32 PM #92
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
Do it.

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:06 PM #93
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Hey Ben can you comment on the threads? The look one or two threads longer than the sniper kit, yet shorter than the original cocker spec.

WTB cocker pneus, slider & Karni FB

Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:09 PM #94
Umami
Mad as a hatter

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Hey Ben can you comment on the threads? The look one or two threads longer than the sniper kit, yet shorter than the original cocker spec.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:10 PM #95
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Lol thanks for the quick response Steve. Any particular reason why the extra thread(s) when compared to the Sniper kit?

WTB cocker pneus, slider & Karni FB

Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:11 PM #96
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben plays in the PSP
Original Cocker is 7 rotations. Lurker is 5.5. Empire Sniper is 4 I believe. I think my cut down Shaft's are closer to 3.5. I haven't seen any issues with any of them.

Lurker mentioned he just didn't want to go as far as the Empire barrel since it was unproven.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:15 PM #97
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben plays in the PSP
I would mention that getting the barrel to butt up hard against the gun's body is very important. I switched my Shaft barrels to 015 orings (vs the normal 017) and did the same for the Lurker barrel (it didn't come with any oring when I got it). With the more stretched oring you can screw them down really hard without pinching the oring.

The Empire barrel uses a very thin oring that goes completely inside the body (so it is a metal on metal connection when it bottoms out). This is great but the oring can get caught/cut on some guns.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:44 PM #98
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwish_DW View Post

I'm sitting here and wondering what would happen if I did a Stella, Lurker, and Disruptive Products comparison. It wouldn't be a 1 v 1 v 1 because the different ways in which the bore sizes are handled would cause variation.. but it'd be cool to actually substantiate everyone's suspicions about the top of the line barrels vs. the "standard" barrels that everyone else uses.

I just need to figure out if mine was shipped. I dont need it right away but I do intend to use them on the 29th at practice.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:03 PM #99
xluben
Ben Johnson Photography

Annual Supporting Member
xluben plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15 View Post
Cant say im a fan of the looks and then 695 tip... i realize most tips are larger than that but still.... not seeing this replacing my v1 eigen any time soon.
My V1 is basically unusable. The non stepped bore just shreds paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@mM! View Post
I'm still rocking V2's - I bought the V3 kit, but lack of 14" turned me off pretty quick.
I like the 15" tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
Curious - is there any mechanism to ensure that the pieces screw together in a centered fashion - a la boomstick or lapco barrels? Or do they simply screw together like CP barrels?

Thanks!
Mine appears very well centered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racso View Post
Wow a shooting video that is somewhat worthwhile!

Hard to describe, but it SOUNDED (to me at least) that the Eigen was quieter, but higher pitched... The eigen sounded like there was some clicking noise in the shot.

Do you have a poppet gun. I think with the higher noise of a poppet valve it has more sound to play with and the difference might be more noticeable.
It is lower pitched for sure. I don't have a poppet gun. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
I really doubt your gonna find validation from a buyers perspective for this barrel based on a shooting video. It's incredibly difficult for audio recording equipment to capture sound the same way the human ear perceives it. With that said the shaft 4 isn't a bad barrel to begin with. The main benefit I saw to purchase the full kit was that I got 3 useful backs and 2 tips for the same price of a boost kit that only includes one useful back. Plus I get to ruin a tip that won't be sold with the marker thus helping my resale value.

After a month of running my eigen3 kit, I love it and didn't think I would as much as I do. Now if Ryan would make me a 678 back in phantom threads I would be the happiest of campers.
I think the video does a good job comparing the sound but in person is always better. I agree that the main during point for this barrel is the cost. Other barrels perform similarly but cost double our more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanLiera View Post
LIKED!!! Waiting for mine so I can make a ****ty video comparing to the stock oled luxe barrel
Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stygshore View Post
The price point is what keeps brining me nack - I can get a whole kit of Eigenbarrels for the price of 1 Stella barrel.

Styg
Agreed. Price point makes this barrel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
Wow the noise difference was noticeable, at least in the video. Thanks
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the korean1 View Post
Just played yesterday. I've downloaded an app that has a decibel meter on it. Using my nt11 and freak back with luxe tip. I was around 70-71 db. Friends luxe was same dbs.
I swapped to my ul freak bored with ul tip. Jumped to 75ish. Db.
another friend had a geo 3 with shaft 4. We all had same paint. He was at 70-71dbs.
my point is can you repeat with a decibel meter or the app?
I believe and we'll it's proven that a longer control and paint to barrel match does help with efficency and accuracy. So what's left is the sound.
Thanks xluben.
Interesting the UL was that much louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setthypoo View Post
why is the back so long
Longer control bore is more efficient to a point. Thus barrel is about at that limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
Using pure DB to measure how "loud" something is - isn't a very good test.

The pitch of a sound also plays a huge part in it, as the human ear picks up the directionality of midrange/high frequency sounds much easier than low frequencies. DB meters take none of this into account.

So one gun/barrel may be less noticeable, due to more low frequency energy, and another be more easily located due to more high frequency energy. I'd rather have the one shooting less noticeably- cuz I'm a ninja.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the korean1 View Post
Sure it wasn't a super detailed test. With your explaination of what the human ear picks up would mean we all hear the same equally. The meter is at least a measurement that is consistent of what the tool does. It's a starting point. If you have seen other YouTube video using same to additional markers they are also in the same decibel ratings I was seeing. Sure some tool to tool comparison/calibration could be done. But in my simple to test I used 2 barrels same freak insert same paint and had a 4-5 db increase from luxe tip being quieter to the ul tip having the increase on the same gun.
So now I regress. To keep from hacking this titled thread so we can get back on point.
I agree that pitch has a huge impact on what is perceived to be louder. It is possible for a lower db reading to seem louder if it is a higher pitch and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjboston5676 View Post
from video i dont really see or hear much difference. what i would love to see, and if good i would buy the kit, is a test with a gun on a fixed stand to prevent any movement shooting at a wall or something that you can visually see how consistent/accurate it is. and i would like to see it compared to the shaft4 and also to a freak barrel with a luxe tip if possible. if someone can make this happen and i see an actual positive difference id be set on buying. until then i dont know if can give up my crap ton of freak kits lol
I would not expect any difference in accuracy between quality barrels with a proper bore match. I don't plan any fixed mount testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanLiera View Post
their is gloss that is just not dust and is called gloss

buty then their is gloss that is like a ****en mirror gloss shinny like a mofo

i hope its the first i described
In the past their good has been pretty shiny.

Quote:

I don't think there will be much of any difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
I just need to figure out if mine was shipped. I dont need it right away but I do intend to use them on the 29th at practice.
Mine took several days to ship. I got an automated email when it did.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:27 PM #100
kylecurtis04

looks nice.
kylecurtis04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:57 PM #101
midwestscrub
epiq

Annual Supporting Member
midwestscrub owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
midwestscrub supports DLX Technology
midwestscrub supports Empire

Was very quiet on vanquish compared to super freak cf tip. My eigenbarrel is .684 and paint I was using was .675
midwestscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:29 PM #102
HybridHB

Wow that looks nice on a vanquish. Are you using the soft shot bolt? How do you feel about the barrel length?
HybridHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:40 AM #103
midwestscrub
epiq

Annual Supporting Member
midwestscrub owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
midwestscrub supports DLX Technology
midwestscrub supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridHB View Post
Wow that looks nice on a vanquish. Are you using the soft shot bolt? How do xyou feel about the barrel length?
Yes, soft shot bolt. Dwell at 16ms pressure at 166 and shoots 290 +/-5. Lengt was not an issue. Gun just feels super light with this barrel.
midwestscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:19 AM #104
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:

Let's do the testing at the shop this week or next

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:25 AM #105
Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

Sogamember666 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
Now hopefully DW and Lurker could come together so they can produce a whip tip for this. Maybe something in a .690/.689 15" front?

It be the bees knees.

Last edited by Sogamember666 : 03-18-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Sogamember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.