Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-07-2014, 08:02 PM #1
ReverendBubba
Custom Airsmith

ReverendBubba owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
ReverendBubba has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
G4 setup, based on efficiency

I'm trying to decide exactly how to set up my new G4 and can't figure out which way to go. I have a few drops of various lengths and both 45 and 68 inch tanks. The field has self serve air, so I can fill between every game, and I can carry 3-7 pods. If my math and Google skills are right I should be able to get around 800 shots out of a 45/45 and 1200 out of a 68/45, including some extra to account for leaks, dry firing, and so on. Does that sound about right? If so I'll go with the 45/45 and call it good. The gun is so light that a 68/45, even on a DYE mini drop is still a bit too butt heavy. The reg for the 45 inch tank will be here tomorrow so I can see how that feels.

Next is a new barrel. All I have now is a 16" Kaner and the stock 14". I'm thinking more like 12", which won't help with the balance. I might just cheap out and make an aluminum/carbon barrel that takes freak inserts and call it done.

Magnetic Dice Fill Nipple Covers
Spire Cheat Sheet Stickers

"Custom" takes more than an allen wrench.
ReverendBubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2014, 10:16 PM #2
turbo_tc
WV R34P3R 304

turbo_tc is playing at Living Legends VII
turbo_tc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc supports Empire
I used to run a 47/30 steel tank but due to an awesome friend am now running a 45/30 cf tank for my Spec-R. Out of a 45/45 you should get around 750-ish shots IIRC and the 68/45 bumps you up to around 1k-ish. The stock barrels are really nice. I just picked up a Deadly Winds 14" Fibur barrel with 3 inserts just waiting for it to get here which is the hardest part lol. Your set up sounds good though. Try different ones while at the field and see which feels better to you. My harness holds 5 pods but I only run 3 cause I like less weight and easy maneuverability.
Magfed Set-up
TiPX
Blood Clots, Sweat Dries, Bones Heal... Suck it up Princess
turbo_tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:28 PM #3
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Go with the tank that fits your style best. I prefer a long tank for the feel, not the air capacity.

If you prefer the small tank, get it and then purchase an aftermarket bolt. I urge you to wait for the Deathwish bolt to come out before make a choice on a bolt though.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote