ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-03-2014, 03:27 PM #1
psychokyle
RH Tournament Director

has been a member for 10 years
psychokyle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
psychokyle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Redhead's Paintball (Pataskala) - Official Thread

Ok, I know I've been hyping this up a little bit here and there. Website is up and tournament dates are set.

I'll let everyone know when registration becomes available online.

We will be using a standard 2014 PSP field.

Paint will be RRison Haze $50 and Pure $60 Pre-Order. Add $10 after registration cut off.

Registration is available day of each event up until the start of the captain's meeting.

Dates:

June 1st - Summer Invasion

June 29th - Red, White, and Balls

July 27th - Summer Welt

August 17th - Back to School Blues

September 14th - Last Summer Fling

October 12th (Finals) - Balls to the Walls

All events will be located at 2865 Hazelton-Etna Rd SW Pataskala, OH 43062

Here is how this series is going to work. Open division will have a $1000 payout based on 10 or more teams at each tournament. Novice will receive assorted prizes. Now rather than chase points we want you to chase the money. The final event Open division will have a pot that starts at $2000 and increases $100 for each team above 10 at each of the first 6 tournaments. No one can be mathematically eliminated. We will bump the prizes for Novice as well. The more teams the bigger the prizes and payouts.

In addition, we will have at each event a 1v1 Top Gun Single Elimination tournament. Payout is 50% of the entry.

We will be bringing in some technology aspects that are still in the works. We will be running all games from a tablet on field to immediately have scores available for view on our scoreboard. Teams will check in on the field electronically as well.

The fields will have several cameras positioned to record and potentially stream each event live.

I will update this thread as more details are confirmed. Any questions, please ask.

Hope to see you all there!

RedHead's Paintball
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.

Last edited by psychokyle : 04-24-2014 at 02:54 PM.
psychokyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2014, 04:10 PM #2
ProjectPb
ProjectPb.com

ProjectPb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ProjectPb supports DLX Technology
Well this certainly looks interesting. I especially like that you are offering an "open" division. I read over your website and rules, and I still have a lot of questions. Maybe I just missed some information while looking everything over. I'm unfamiliar with your field, and I noticed you're not listed on the field listings on this site. So hopefully you can help me out here.

1. I see that this is event paint only. What brand paint is going to be available? What is the paint pricing going to be? Are there going to be different grades of paint available? Do we have to pre-pay for our paint prior to the event?

2. Is this going to be APPA sanctioned? I don't see anywhere on your website where teams can sign up, or see what other teams have registered.

3. What exactly are the prizes going to be? The description right now is pretty vague. The open division is paying out $1000 cash if there's 10 teams. What happens if there isn't 10 teams? Or, if there are 10 teams, and you're only paying our $1000 for first place, what about the other top teams (second/third place)? A $1000 payout would only be a 30% payout, and would leave the rest of the teams with nothing to show from their $325 entry.

And in the novice division, what exactly are the "assorted prizes"? Are we talking guns? Cash? Paint?

4. I noticed that your final tournament, the "Balls To The Walls" event, is the exact same weekend as the PSP World Cup event. Seeing as that event is your crown jewel, it may cause a scheduling conflict with many of the teams. This could cause a conflict of interest with the teams that also play the PSP series.

We proudly offer: Ninja, DLX, GoG, Bob Long, Exalt, Dangerous Powers, HK, Contract Killer, Virtue, and more
ProjectPb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:27 PM #3
psychokyle
RH Tournament Director

Paint is still tbd. Looking to have two grades available. Pre pay will be available for a discount over day of sales

We will be using our own registration system. It is not online yet.

Payout is $1000 50-30-20 split for open. Prizes are still tbd and why it is vague. If less than 10 teams show then less payout. Probably about $100 per team under or so. We want to put more towards the final event.

Nice catch on the date. We'll likely ammend it.

The reason you dont see us listed as a field is because we aren't a field. We are a promotion.

Does that help?

RedHead's Paintball
Old 03-03-2014, 06:54 PM #4
armyradioguy

armyradioguy plays in the PSP
armyradioguy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
armyradioguy plays in the APPA D5 division
How will determine open versus novice to keep sandbaggers and ringers out? Kinda why appa is helpful because then you know who you are against...just my two cents
Team Legion of Chaos, Reaper #17
Special Thanks to LOC sponsors:
KC Crusaders, Anthrax, Valken, Guru Gun Stands,
ANS Gear & Guerilla Air
armyradioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:27 PM #5
PaintBallerDad5

Annual Supporting Member
PaintBallerDad5 is BST Trusted
PaintBallerDad5 plays in the PSP
PaintBallerDad5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaintBallerDad5 plays in the APPA D5 division
PaintBallerDad5 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
So this and any tournament are not PSP or appa sanctioned?
PaintBallerDad5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:43 PM #6
psychokyle
RH Tournament Director

We arent playing by normal rules either. Fielding the best team you can is perfectly fine. If you want to go for prizes and be constrained to a more normal set of play the go for the novice. If you want to go for cash with slightly relaxed rules then sign up for open.

No, not psp certified or using appa.

RedHead's Paintball
Old 03-04-2014, 07:54 AM #7
ProjectPb
ProjectPb.com

ProjectPb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ProjectPb supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychokyle View Post
Payout is $1000 50-30-20 split for open. Prizes are still tbd and why it is vague. If less than 10 teams show then less payout. Probably about $100 per team under or so. We want to put more towards the final event.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

So from what I'm understanding, the $1000 payout for the "open" division (given there is 10 teams exactly, at $325 each), would pay out?

1st. $500
2nd. $300
3rd. $200

We proudly offer: Ninja, DLX, GoG, Bob Long, Exalt, Dangerous Powers, HK, Contract Killer, Virtue, and more
ProjectPb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:57 AM #8
psychokyle
RH Tournament Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPb View Post
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

So from what I'm understanding, the $1000 payout for the "open" division (given there is 10 teams exactly, at $325 each), would pay out?

1st. $500
2nd. $300
3rd. $200
Yes sir.

RedHead's Paintball
Old 03-04-2014, 10:13 AM #9
Empirekid15

Empirekid15 plays in the PSP
Empirekid15 donated to help Peyton Trent
Empirekid15 plays in the APPA D3 division
I must be getting old and can't read but

"Any shooting mode NO cap"!!!!!

your setting yourself up for failure with this rule! your gonna have over 30+ guns shooting at 30+bps which is a waste of paint and tons of overshooting which will cause some problems. Might want to rethink that rule and keep it all PSP 12.3
Empirekid15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:09 AM #10
ROOSTER56
Garrett Strawser

ROOSTER56 plays in the PSP
ROOSTER56 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ROOSTER56 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Paint is still tbd. Looking to have two grades available. Pre pay will be available for a discount over day of sales

We will be using our own registration system. It is not online yet.

Nice catch on the date. We'll likely ammend it.

The reason you dont see us listed as a field is because we aren't a field. We are a promotion.

Does that help?
Can you explain more about this?
XCAPE PAINTBALL
XCAPE PAINTBALL
ROOSTER56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:37 PM #11
psychokyle
RH Tournament Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSTER56 View Post
Can you explain more about this?
Sure thing. Think of the PSP. It isn't a "paintball field" it is a promotion (Paintball Sports Promotion). They just happen to have their events hosted at commercial paintball fields.

Another example would be the "Ultimate Madness" from way back in the day if any of you remember that. That was held in the Huntington Civic Center (arena?) in Huntington, WV. That was a one off event but wasn't held at a commercial paintball field.

We are kind of the same as a mash up between the two, except not on that large of a scale (yet). Our event location is not a commercial field but will have all of the amenities you would expect from any local field hosting the event. We have our own air, fields, netting, restroom facilities, staging area, and parking. We will also have concessions available.

Does that help?

RedHead's Paintball
Old 03-04-2014, 04:03 PM #12
psychokyle
RH Tournament Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empirekid15 View Post
I must be getting old and can't read but

"Any shooting mode NO cap"!!!!!

your setting yourself up for failure with this rule! your gonna have over 30+ guns shooting at 30+bps which is a waste of paint and tons of overshooting which will cause some problems. Might want to rethink that rule and keep it all PSP 12.3
Nah, your eyes are fine! This was a new element that we wanted to introduce. Works a slightly different strategy in game play. Also one less penalty to worry about.

Best you can hope for is an average of about 15-18 bps even if your marker can cycle faster and your hopper is supposed to be able to force paint up to that speed. To many variables come in to play to actually be able to hit 30+ bps on a consistent basis even for a few seconds.

RedHead's Paintball
Old 03-05-2014, 09:21 AM #13
thisistodd

thisistodd is an NCPA player
Can you dual wield in the open division? I would like to use two guns for suppressing fire.

Last edited by thisistodd : 03-05-2014 at 09:43 AM.
thisistodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:37 AM #14
psychokyle
RH Tournament Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistodd View Post
Can you dual wield in the open division? I would like to use two guns for suppressing fire.
You want to play Rambo huh?

Only you get to and no one else...lol. I'd so love to see that.

RedHead's Paintball
Old 03-06-2014, 03:21 AM #15
Rambo is coming 4 u

Quote:
You want to play Rambo huh?

Only you get to and no one else...lol. I'd so love to see that.

Hey hey hey, I am the one and only Rambo

The tourney sounds very cool and that unlimited rof is going to be wild. I wish you the best with the series.
Buckeye Ballaz Club #3
Rambo is coming 4 u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:10 PM #16
kazkid8
Free Agent

kazkid8 plays in the PSP
kazkid8 posts videos on PbNation
kazkid8 plays in the APPA D5 division
kazkid8 supports Empire
2003 NXL mode... hell yes.
www.Jawpaintball.com
www.WhereIsTodd.com
kazkid8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:08 PM #17
pontiacfreak142

not to be a downer, but this is going to fail miserably. your only class with a real payout, is a joke. first you allow no cap, bad idea. if all that showed up were semi/pro teams, it might be alright seeing as they can show a little respect/restraint. but if you get a few pro teams and a few kids who think it will be cool to try to see if their gun can actually hit that advertised 30 bps, its not going to end well.

second issue is the payout. $500 to the winning team. anyone that takes 30 seconds to do the math, see's that that is far from worth it. assuming you get 10 teams for it, 1 person with nothing more than an entry fee and 1 case of paint, is already out $100, give or take a little depending how much you charge for paint. and IF my team wins, i win $100.
spyder tlx
spyder pilot acs/tl frankenstein gun.
pontiacfreak142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:13 PM #18
pontiacfreak142

a little word of advise, maybe turn of few of those events into open play. the only other field in pataskala (or anywhere near it for that matter), pretty well sucks. so opening up your "field" for a price (take splatter park for instance, $50 bucks gets you a case of paint, 2 air fills and entry fee), might get you some good business and press.
spyder tlx
Old 03-20-2014, 07:43 PM #19
psychokyle
RH Tournament Director

It's all good. You'll just have to come out and see if you are right or not.

We have no desire to operate a field. That is why we are only doing tournaments. There will likely be no open play.

Still working on the paint and prices. Should have that nailed down sooner than later. There are a few other goodies that I haven't mentioned yet. Guaranteed that Redhead's tournament experience will be unlike any other.

Stay tuned...

RedHead's Paintball
Old 03-22-2014, 12:06 AM #20
pontiacfreak142

Quote:
It's all good. You'll just have to come out and see if you are right or not.

We have no desire to operate a field. That is why we are only doing tournaments. There will likely be no open play.

Still working on the paint and prices. Should have that nailed down sooner than later. There are a few other goodies that I haven't mentioned yet. Guaranteed that Redhead's tournament experience will be unlike any other.

Stay tuned...
Dont get me wrong, im not trying to rag on what your doing, and i hope you dont take it that way, i would love to see paintball make a come back, and anything helps.

But, im from pataskala, and from what i can tell, your holding this pretty much in the boonies on the north side of town. Paintball in this area has pretty much been dead for some time now. The only field in pataskala only really seems to get alot of big school or company rental outings (at least the last couple times i was out anyway). So really, you need to try to bring people from all around. So whatever other prizes your hiding, you may want let be known, bc no offense, again from someone that already lives close, i still dont see it being worth the money.
spyder tlx
Old 03-22-2014, 08:15 PM #21
psychokyle
RH Tournament Director

You are right about bringing people in from all around. That is one of our goals. If all goes well, next year we won't be just in Pataskala.

As far as hiding prizes, that isn't the case. I want to make sure what is posted is 100% confirmed and accurate. I don't want to retract something if it were to change. So those details will be updated as it becomes available.

RedHead's Paintball
ReplyRegional Ups