Community Focus

Old 03-03-2014, 06:44 PM #22
bcrguy
F**k S**t Up...

bcrguy is playing at Living Legends VI
bcrguy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceface77 View Post
Good that its running just sucks that you have to run it at 16ms for dwell. When I say "flush" I mean dissasemble the gun and get a plastic syringe and put some rubbing alcohol in it and put it through one of the air passages to dry up any stubborn lube caked in there and let it sit to dry it out then fill your sink up with warm water and let the body set down in there then take your syringe and fill it with water and blast that B**** so anything in there comes out. Has worked for me in the past when purchasing used markers from folkes that said they couldnt get the gun working no matter what.
i think my big problem was i forgot an ABS setting of 8 turns off the abs on the APE board. and the back cap o-ring.

and I'm only running 16ms because thats what i used to run it at, once i can get it on a chrono il drop it down.
Citrus Connection #88
bcrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2014, 06:47 PM #23
Maceface77
Machine Marauder

Maceface77 is playing at Living Legends VII
Maceface77 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Maceface77 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Gotcha. Glad you got it ironed out man.
Maceface77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:47 PM #24
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrguy View Post
I'm using the stock bolt engine not an L7, and I'm assuming by flushed you mean air up with no bolt assembly in therefore the air should go through the gun. iv already done that.

i believe i just had a wrong o-ring on the back cap as the one on there was a lot thicker then i think it should be. either way it seals and runs fine now.
This sounds like you are almost in the clear now. Good to hear . The o-ring size on that backcap stem is slightly thicker that others. It is a 13.8mm ID X 1.9mm CS so just a little thicker that a standard size, which have a CS of 1.78mm.

Quote:
Good that its running just sucks that you have to run it at 16ms for dwell. When I say "flush" I mean dissasemble the gun and get a plastic syringe and put some rubbing alcohol in it and put it through one of the air passages to dry up any stubborn lube caked in there and let it sit to dry it out then fill your sink up with warm water and let the body set down in there then take your syringe and fill it with water and blast that B**** so anything in there comes out. Has worked for me in the past when purchasing used markers from folkes that said they couldnt get the gun working no matter what.
A dwell of 16 isn't unheard of, specifically for this case, due to break-in needed for the new O-rings and where he is located. In Canada, where I can only assume is much colder during this time of the year than where I am (NorCal), bumping up by 1, 2, or even 3 in cold/winter weather is perfectly normal. In cold weather one also has to be careful of which lube to be using. Not all are created equal and there are some that get thick and sticky-like when the temp drops.

Have you started or have a thread about your current issues? I can help you out if you like. Just point me the way.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:50 PM #25
Maceface77
Machine Marauder

I haven't yet I thought I had mine ironed pit bit is guess not I think that just to be safe I need to replace the bodies o ring.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:52 PM #26
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
I haven't yet I thought I had mine ironed pit bit is guess not I think that just to be safe I need to replace the bodies o ring.
- alright. Post up if you need assistance.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 03-04-2014, 07:30 AM #27
Maceface77
Machine Marauder

So I upped the dwell since this is a new bolt with new orings to 16 ms and the gun is firing consistently but the noid is still venting as well so I'm getting some puff from the grip frame. I did notice some side to side play on the solenoid when I was bolting it back so I lined it the best I could.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:52 AM #28
bcrguy
F**k S**t Up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
In Canada, where I can only assume is much colder during this time of the year than where I am (NorCal), bumping up by 1, 2, or even 3 in cold/winter weather is perfectly normal. In cold weather one also has to be careful of which lube to be using. Not all are created equal and there are some that get thick and sticky-like when the temp drops.

yea its currently -20 degrees celsius. (-4 F). and this isn't even the coldest part of canada right now.

i don't play outside in the winter but i use lurker lube and/or eclipse grease.
Citrus Connection #88
Old 03-08-2014, 02:26 PM #29
bcrguy
F**k S**t Up...

had it over the chrono last night when i played some recball. little bit of drop off so i upped the ABS just a little more and it seemed to run fine. thanks guys.
Citrus Connection #88
Old 03-08-2014, 02:44 PM #30
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrguy View Post
had it over the chrono last night when i played some recball. little bit of drop off so i upped the ABS just a little more and it seemed to run fine. thanks guys.
Good the hear you got it working better.