Old 08-07-2014, 10:30 PM #988
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeagle21 View Post
Hope all you guys with issues get them worked out pronto! I have yet to see a torque on the field. They're so hot they actually burn you OMG!! I reffed a 20 team 5 man this past Sunday and didn't see one. Hmmm
There's very few of them out in the wild. The shipped the first batch or so, and then pulled the rest of them.
There's 3 or 4 for sale in the b/s/t
http://www.pbnation.com/search.php?searchid=21718673
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2014, 11:20 PM #989
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
J4 Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
A couple updates:

Thanks to Zac at Inspire Photo! https://www.facebook.com/inspirepbz

And from our page, ASA design work, and the new solenoid landing point:

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
J4 Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:34 AM #990
jakekiyo
Burn your idols.

Annual Supporting Member
jakekiyo is BST Legit
jakekiyo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jakekiyo supports Team VICIOUS
jakekiyo supports Empire
Owned my Torque for a day, and traded it for a droid + cash. Thank you for helping me realize why I love macdev so much.

Aloha
jakekiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:19 AM #991
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakekiyo View Post
Owned my Torque for a day, and traded it for a droid + cash. Thank you for helping me realize why I love macdev so much.
I love MD as much as the next guy but that's a pretty shi*ty remark to make.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:50 AM #992
Darrin79

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Some people you just can't help. Sad they aren't intelligent enough to add anything constructive.
Darrin79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:48 PM #993
jakekiyo
Burn your idols.

Annual Supporting Member
jakekiyo is BST Legit
jakekiyo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jakekiyo supports Team VICIOUS
jakekiyo supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin79 View Post
Some people you just can't help. Sad they aren't intelligent enough to add anything constructive.
Yes because you must be very very intelligent.

Aloha
jakekiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:52 PM #994
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Deathwish_DW helped look for balloons
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends III
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends VII
Deathwish_DW supports Sherwood Forest
Deathwish_DW is Legendary
Deathwish_DW supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakekiyo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
imped4now hits it on the head..

They've had a ton of problems, but they have not disappeared. They can't disappear.

I have returned my marker which was #006.
I have yet to purchase a replacement as I cannot find a marker which feels as good as my Torque did when it was working properly.
Seeing as I can get my hands on anything, I believe that says a "bit".

There is voicing an opinion and there is a way of doing it by kicking someone when they're down. Don't do that.

Becker@BeckerPaintball.com

Proud Dealer of:DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG Deadlywind - Valken - MacDev - Inception Designs
*!* eBay◄2346+ PBNation◄310+ *!*
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:53 PM #995
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Owned my Torque for a day, and traded it for a droid + cash. Thank you for helping me realize why I love macdev so much
Droids are solid guns, and we are big MacDev fans ourselves - and in all honesty ours are not yet, though nothing in the gun is out of the way to fix.

We also knew from the beginning that this was not the right gun for everybody - but that is was a decent gun, and some people would love it. In the market today there are SO MANY great guns, the quality and selection does make it hard to come out in this market. We have solid competition, and truth be told we are good fans of most of them also. So to be in range of a Droid is a good place in our opinion.

Even then, I know they are hurting for a board in the Cyborg, and we really feel for them! They are not quick parts of the project.

We are not able to move to fast at the moment on our boards, but we are moving forward and we plan on sticking this through as best we can. It is a bit rough on us, with the boards dying, and some machining and design issues (plus the wrong spring. Ugh.) We cleaved out the biggest expenses on our end so we can keep things rolling. The new board is looking good, and we should have them to test here soon. After that the right spring, the right tip, work on the new solenoid and switch and getting the ASA parts in - we should be okay. Getting there... that has been tough but nothing that can't be done.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 08-13-2014, 06:21 PM #996
imped4now
BTFU

has been a member for 10 years
I look forward to you guys getting the issues resolved and this marker performing great. Hopefully your only problem at that point will be supply-related.

Good luck guys, I'll be keeping my eyes open for updates.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:40 PM #997
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
Just a bad 'noid - give us a bit to get back into the swing of it (Tony has been on vacation) and maybe we can switch it out.

There was a machining difference between the prototype and the production switches though, and that area is just a total pain in the backside to make work. It is taking as long at 2-3 hours to make those components work right, though most are only an hour. :/

I did talk to MAC Monday and we are going with a new solenoid/switch design that should solve some serious issues in that area.
I updated support case number 0010096. When you are ready to service the marker, please let me know. As it stands, I would rather not use it as it may not leave the best impression with others at the field.

Kindest Regards,
Kevin
INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Trade/Sale Threads:
None Currently
Big Papa Pink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:09 PM #998
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
A quick update about Tony. He IS alive, but really busy right now with the catching up from vacation. And related.

If you can give him a couple to catch up, and shoot us (on here of FB) any basic tech questions we will try and help lighten the burden. Also we are going to try and throw more techs of the support page and related to help out.

In addition, updates and Q's about the gun, feel free to pop on here.

I did have one that got me: Spire and the feedneck?

How much tape did you put on the Spire? I remember (and googled a bit) that the Spire and the Lux 1-1.5(?) had some issues like that. And then I remembered we had all sorts of tape mashups from WAY back in the day. Like, 2ltr Coke bottles in our Trracers and PMI's back in the day.

The Spire is close enough that it shouldn't take much. A round or two of black tape should get any loader to fit.

Not that it is the 'final' solution, but for now...

J4 Paintball on Facebook

~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 08-14-2014, 07:42 AM #999
White Devil
El Jefe

Annual Supporting Member
White Devil supports Team VICIOUS
White Devil posts videos on PbNation
White Devil supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
In addition, updates and Q's about the gun, feel free to pop on here.

I did have one that got me: Spire and the feedneck?

How much tape did you put on the Spire? I remember (and googled a bit) that the Spire and the Lux 1-1.5(?) had some issues like that. And then I remembered we had all sorts of tape mashups from WAY back in the day. Like, 2ltr Coke bottles in our Trracers and PMI's back in the day.

The Spire is close enough that it shouldn't take much. A round or two of black tape should get any loader to fit.

Not that it is the 'final' solution, but for now...
Thats what I did and it worked for me. If we are having that problem, should we put in a support ticket now for it, or wait until it is closer to having a solution ready?

That brings me to another question, should we put every single issue we are currently having into a support ticket, even if there is not yet a fix for it?
Old 08-14-2014, 05:44 PM #1000
gnarkill8566
P.G.O.D

gnarkill8566 plays in the APPA D5 division
gnarkill8566 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gnarkill8566 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
gnarkill8566 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Honestly for what it's worth to me I can live with the feedneck not clamping down enough, I can live with not putting the battery for the board in upside down and the light for charging and stuff not doing what ever it is that that fix is....(lol? Don't know everything) the only thing I really want is the spring and tip(my efficiency sux) , and eye fix(for bright paint) and I would be even more in love with my torque. Hahaha #0033 reppin. Sent an email out lookin for the spring hopefully I hear back from that soon�� and then get word on the tip and eye fix
gnarkill8566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:33 PM #1001
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
The Eye thing requires some milling on the body. Just a slot done with a 2mm bit and 1.5mm deep - but that requires a shop willing to do the job that is small. So far 2 have dropped out, it is to small of a job. :/

The spring we are just needing to get dialed in - and that hasn't been easy. We are trying to replicate metric specs with US springs and only having limited luck.

The board will require finishing the current new board, testing it, etc. That is just a matter of time and money, neither we can really accelerate.

As for support tickets: Right now just wait if you can? Then we won't overwhelm Tony.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 08-17-2014, 10:48 PM #1002
White Devil
El Jefe

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
The Eye thing requires some milling on the body. Just a slot done with a 2mm bit and 1.5mm deep - but that requires a shop willing to do the job that is small. So far 2 have dropped out, it is to small of a job. :/

The spring we are just needing to get dialed in - and that hasn't been easy. We are trying to replicate metric specs with US springs and only having limited luck.

The board will require finishing the current new board, testing it, etc. That is just a matter of time and money, neither we can really accelerate.

As for support tickets: Right now just wait if you can? Then we won't overwhelm Tony.
Thanks for the update. So in the worst case scenario, there isn't a shop willing to do the job for the eyes. What would be the plan moving forward in that circumstance?
White Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:05 PM #1003
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
there isn't a shop willing to do the job for the eyes. What would be the plan moving forward in that circumstance?
I tap a couple other guys I know who have a smaller operation. Just means a couple weeks of the guns down instead of a week, like we were hoping.

If that falls through, I have a small mill and will do it. Just isn't CNC. So I have to go very slow and be exact. No big. I did quite a bit of work on the originals prototypes years ago.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 08-18-2014, 08:51 AM #1004
White Devil
El Jefe

Annual Supporting Member
Great! I just wanted to see what the contingency plan was, but it seems like you guys have it all figured out, just a matter of time.

Just a question about the springs, is there an advantage to getting them made in the US versus just getting the metric speced spring other than keeping the gun entirely made in the US? Not anything wrong with that, just curious.
White Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:20 AM #1005
meercenary
Dirty Dirty Gun Whore.

meercenary plays in the PSP
meercenary owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
meercenary is an NCPA player
meercenary has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I really like how active J4 is being in this. While I may not necessarily be looking into these right now, I could definitely see myself trying to get my hands on one a few months down the line. I like the direction, I can't wait to see how it comes to fruition.

keep up the good work guys, learn from what Vanguard failed at - Customer relations and service. The reason vanguard has stagnated has been completely due to their lack of concern for customer's needs.

Good luck!
meercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:04 PM #1006
h0m3g33

h0m3g33 is playing at Living Legends VII
h0m3g33 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
h0m3g33 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwish_DW View Post

I have returned my marker which was #006.

My torque is Tech 006, works well but a little hot.

Need a gearbag? PM me I've got extras.

I'm always looking for gear, ATM I'm looking for:
Dust Black Freak Back, Gloss Red Tip
Pink Rotor Jewels or Pink Spire color kit
Rotor Top Lid Spring, Geo3 spare parts
Outkast Autococker spare parts, Trilogy parts+pump kit
h0m3g33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:21 PM #1007
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
Update from FB:

Quote:
Monday Update:

We may have found somebody to do the eye machining. We will update you as that develops. High tech, with ‘in process probing’ which sounds really bad if you are a South Park fan, but I guess it means the body doesn’t even need to be setup perfectly and it will knock out the exact same cut each time. Awesome. We love being in the future.

Quotes came in for the ASA parts and they were quite low, so those are in the pipe.

90% of our time is on the switch seals, and we have decided to give that over to a higher power. Well, powered machine equipment. So, with a bit of luck we hope to have a new process so that is easier and seals 100% of the time, like they did on the prototypes. That will be a big relief.

Board back panels are due in, so a board for testing should exist in the next week or two.

We hope to have an answer on the springs in a week or two. Testing isn’t always fast, but we might have been able to do this faster. We have one setup that runs fantastic, and we are going to “blueprint” that and replicate it from here on out. It is my (Josh’s) personal ‘Ole Blue’ gun (#0037), and I think if we can get your gun shooting this good you will be very happy. The gun is faster, smoother, and the grip has almost no warm up. Plus 1600+ on a 68/45.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

~ R. Buckminster Fuller
Old 08-27-2014, 12:55 PM #1008
FReEK
Fear the freak

FReEK is a founding member
FReEK plays in the MiLP
FReEK owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FReEK plays in the APPA D4 division
So, 2015 torques coming? Lol

FACEBOOK

OLD Feedback
FReEK is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.