Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2014, 11:10 PM #1
LAXbros32
 
 
LAXbros32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
LAXbros32 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LAXbros32 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LAXbros32 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintball parks

Just wanted to see if there are any other paintball park near Powell/columbus Ohio than splatter park
__________________
BOOMMMMMMMM HEADSHOT
check out my youtube, OFFICIAL SPLATTER PARK THREAD and the look at my dye DM6 and DP G4
LAXbros32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2014, 06:04 PM #2
psychokyle
RH Tournament Director
 
psychokyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Newark, Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
psychokyle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
psychokyle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What style are you looking to play? Speedball/tourney or woods? There is a field near Baltimore in Fairfield Co, their name is eluding me at the moment. I have not played there though. Otherwise central ohio fields are pretty thin.
__________________
Kyle Harris

RedHead's Paintball
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
psychokyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:33 PM #3
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.
 
LockDown Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bro-H-I-Bro U.
LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D4 division
If you're looking for a solid xball field within an hour drive from Columbus, check out Xcape in Bloomingburg.

Field side air and the best competition in the central Ohio area.
__________________
HK
Ohio University Bobcats.
NCPA All Stars.
Xcape paintball.
LockDown Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:28 PM #4
LAXbros32
 
 
LAXbros32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
LAXbros32 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LAXbros32 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LAXbros32 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDown Zach View Post
If you're looking for a solid xball field within an hour drive from Columbus, check out Xcape in Bloomingburg. Field side air and the best competition in the central Ohio area.
I thought excape was something you had to be invited to
__________________
BOOMMMMMMMM HEADSHOT
check out my youtube, OFFICIAL SPLATTER PARK THREAD and the look at my dye DM6 and DP G4
LAXbros32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:03 PM #5
I feel purple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Xcape is a public field. Check out the paintball xcape Facebook page for more info.
I feel purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:07 PM #6
LAXbros32
 
 
LAXbros32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
LAXbros32 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LAXbros32 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LAXbros32 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by I feel purple View Post
Xcape is a public field. Check out the paintball xcape Facebook page for more info.
Awesome thanks man
__________________
BOOMMMMMMMM HEADSHOT
check out my youtube, OFFICIAL SPLATTER PARK THREAD and the look at my dye DM6 and DP G4
LAXbros32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:38 AM #7
curbebob
 
 
curbebob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
The field kyle is talking about is CFC Paintball Armory. Can be found through google or facebook. It's mostly wooded with forts built in the open areas. Great place to hit up for their scenarios.

There is another place in Canal Winchester called The Battlegrounds and is more hyperball style but aiming for urban cqb and airball sometime soon. Also great place to play.

I hear Xcape is great but mostly it seems ppl from cbus go to Splatterpark. I thought it was invite only too until this past winter and a member on here said something.

hey kyle have you (or anyone here) been to Wolfpack, Silent Sniper or Pleasant Valley? These are the next closest fields to Columbus but out your way and I've been trying to get the listings as current as possible since pbn has the best field listing/review thing tied together. But some don't have recent info and I don't wanna go the distance to find out its out of business or find out they only have lasertag now. ..Also looking at one near Lima and Voodoo somewhere up by Splatterpark. Reminds me I need to do some reviews.
__________________
My gearbag has wheels on it, not because its heavy, its just ready to roll any weekend.
curbebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:52 AM #8
BuckNut
 
 
BuckNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Bus
BuckNut owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'm in columbus at OSU campus, just looking for some good rec X-Ball or hyper, where should I go?
__________________
BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:04 AM #9
STRIP3S
Stumpf
 
STRIP3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dayton, OH
STRIP3S plays in the PSP
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
STRIP3S plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNut View Post
I'm in columbus at OSU campus, just looking for some good rec X-Ball or hyper, where should I go?
Xcape is the best field around Cbus for x-ball/speedball. Field should be opening up for the season later next month (hopefully if the weather cooperates).
__________________
The Ohio State University Alumni
Method
Ohio Power
XFT


GEARBAG SALE - TOO MANY ITEMS TO LIST
STRIP3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:50 PM #10
psychokyle
RH Tournament Director
 
psychokyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Newark, Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
psychokyle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
psychokyle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbebob View Post
The field kyle is talking about is CFC Paintball Armory. Can be found through google or facebook. It's mostly wooded with forts built in the open areas. Great place to hit up for their scenarios.

There is another place in Canal Winchester called The Battlegrounds and is more hyperball style but aiming for urban cqb and airball sometime soon. Also great place to play.

I hear Xcape is great but mostly it seems ppl from cbus go to Splatterpark. I thought it was invite only too until this past winter and a member on here said something.

hey kyle have you (or anyone here) been to Wolfpack, Silent Sniper or Pleasant Valley? These are the next closest fields to Columbus but out your way and I've been trying to get the listings as current as possible since pbn has the best field listing/review thing tied together. But some don't have recent info and I don't wanna go the distance to find out its out of business or find out they only have lasertag now. ..Also looking at one near Lima and Voodoo somewhere up by Splatterpark. Reminds me I need to do some reviews.
Wolfpack, if it is the same one from about 7 - 8 years ago in Perry County was an airball field in their back field. It wasn't a bad place to play. Played a couple of tournaments there. I have no idea if they are still around or not though. I went past the Pleasant Valley one (my mother in law lives out that way). Couldn't see anything. I'm assuming it is woods but I've never been there. I don't know a thing about Silent Sniper. There is a group that meets at Discover Diving on the weekends and plays in the woods at Everett park in Newark. That is more outlaw ball but I guess they got permission from the city to do it. I was out there fishing one day and saw a ton of paintballs lying around. I've never played with them though. They promote on a Facebook group but for the life of me I don't remember what it is. I just catch them in my news feed every now and again.
__________________
Kyle Harris

RedHead's Paintball
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
psychokyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:08 AM #11
curbebob
 
 
curbebob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychokyle View Post
Wolfpack, if it is the same one from about 7 - 8 years ago in Perry County was an airball field in their back field. It wasn't a bad place to play. Played a couple of tournaments there. I have no idea if they are still around or not though. I went past the Pleasant Valley one (my mother in law lives out that way). Couldn't see anything. I'm assuming it is woods but I've never been there. I don't know a thing about Silent Sniper. There is a group that meets at Discover Diving on the weekends and plays in the woods at Everett park in Newark. That is more outlaw ball but I guess they got permission from the city to do it. I was out there fishing one day and saw a ton of paintballs lying around. I've never played with them though. They promote on a Facebook group but for the life of me I don't remember what it is. I just catch them in my news feed every now and again.
Thanks for the reply on those fields kyle. I haven't found much current info on them though. Wolfpack is in Perry County but found a tripod page from '06. Pleasant valley is more Zanesville but looking out of business along with Silent Sniper.

But I did catch Discover Diving & Paintball feed about this past Sunday. Been trying to check them out for over a year lol. Turns out they just mostly use an email list when they are about to play. It was a fun time. Yea its some woods down in a bowl near a creek but a good group of people that played safe and was even nice enough to offer us loaner guns because both of our detents were bad. Def suggest checking them out too.

I even checked out Stone's Knives, which is listed as a pb store but was just a fleamarket with barely any pb stuff. Lots of knives though! I remember they use to post on CL and one half of the store was all pb stuff. Guess I missed out on all that. Still got a tippmann pocket hopper from them.
__________________
My gearbag has wheels on it, not because its heavy, its just ready to roll any weekend.
curbebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:22 AM #12
pontiacfreak142
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
If you dont mind a small place and can gey a few people together to go, there is a place in pataskala (think haunted hoochie, same place) , its not bad. They have a few different fields, but nothing great. Like i said though, make sure you have a few friends going to though, alot of what they seem to get are like church groups that want nothing to do with letting you play umless you have rental equipment like them lol
__________________
09 spyder electra
spyder rs
spyder vs1
spyder tlx
spyder pilot acs/tl frankenstein gun.
pontiacfreak142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:08 PM #13
psychokyle
RH Tournament Director
 
psychokyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Newark, Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
psychokyle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
psychokyle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbebob View Post
Thanks for the reply on those fields kyle. I haven't found much current info on them though. Wolfpack is in Perry County but found a tripod page from '06. Pleasant valley is more Zanesville but looking out of business along with Silent Sniper.

But I did catch Discover Diving & Paintball feed about this past Sunday. Been trying to check them out for over a year lol. Turns out they just mostly use an email list when they are about to play. It was a fun time. Yea its some woods down in a bowl near a creek but a good group of people that played safe and was even nice enough to offer us loaner guns because both of our detents were bad. Def suggest checking them out too.

I even checked out Stone's Knives, which is listed as a pb store but was just a fleamarket with barely any pb stuff. Lots of knives though! I remember they use to post on CL and one half of the store was all pb stuff. Guess I missed out on all that. Still got a tippmann pocket hopper from them.
Yeah Stones used to be Slones until Greg sold his business to Will. Will moved it into the mall and then I don't know what happened. Greg opened the flea market a little later and Will seemed to be liquidating his stuff through there. I got a nice 4800 psi air tank from Greg last year. He picks stuff up now and again but that's about it. As far as paintball goes in Licking county, Discover Diving is about it now days. I haven't heard good things about Fran Bar (Haunted Hoochie) but never played there myself. Used to have Ground Zero field and store but Sean went to go run Splatterpark. Zanesville used to have TNT, no idea where they went. We have our own field outside of Newark that we play speedball at but it is the back of a couple of cow pastures so we need dry ground to drive back in. The only other close fields are the ones already mentioned I think. There is one in Canal also. They look to have a nice airball field.
__________________
Kyle Harris

RedHead's Paintball
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
psychokyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:09 PM #14
curbebob
 
 
curbebob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
@BuckNut -- any of these places should be worth checking them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacfreak142 View Post
If you dont mind a small place and can gey a few people together to go, there is a place in pataskala (think haunted hoochie, same place) , its not bad. They have a few different fields, but nothing great. Like i said though, make sure you have a few friends going to though, alot of what they seem to get are like church groups that want nothing to do with letting you play umless you have rental equipment like them lol
Yea like pontiac said, Franbar is one of those that people either are kinda okay with or absolutely hate it. Great for just BSing with friends, playing whatever kinda gametypes with whatever rules you decide on. Outlaw ball with land rental lol. For a long time I liked it but I didn't play there in its hay-day. Then I started playing at other fields and drifted away from there. Going with a group of friends, which is why we started our fb group, is a must. I've been there on beautiful days and maybe 3 other people are there, left a couple of times because it was a ghost town, also been there when over 40 people are there but no one really wants to play with/against another group for whatever reason. Or people disappear over to General Merchandise for a long time only to play a game then run to the gas station for drinks. The owner is a helluva nice guy but his passion is definitely for the Haunted Hoochie.

Quote:
Yeah Stones used to be Slones until Greg sold his business to Will. Will moved it into the mall and then I don't know what happened. Greg opened the flea market a little later and Will seemed to be liquidating his stuff through there. I got a nice 4800 psi air tank from Greg last year. He picks stuff up now and again but that's about it. As far as paintball goes in Licking county, Discover Diving is about it now days. I haven't heard good things about Fran Bar (Haunted Hoochie) but never played there myself. Used to have Ground Zero field and store but Sean went to go run Splatterpark. Zanesville used to have TNT, no idea where they went. We have our own field outside of Newark that we play speedball at but it is the back of a couple of cow pastures so we need dry ground to drive back in. The only other close fields are the ones already mentioned I think. There is one in Canal also. They look to have a nice airball field.
Kinda a shame, heard about some nice deals but word of mouth was too slow and I wasn't venturing out that way much. CL, forums or eBay. Greg is the one that was super helpful while we were there though. I will be going to some more outings with Discover Diving but since I'm in Canal I'll be playing mostly at Battlegrounds and CFC in Baltimore. Lmk when the field dries out. Of course some at Splatterpark and some events.

You know I've heard stories about a place back in the day somewhere near Franbar that was much better. Sounded like they were really doing well then it uprooted and people defaulted to the field that was left. I'll have to chat up Sean next time I see him at the store.

Seems like the running theme though. Once you find out about these smaller fields/stores they are gone.
__________________
My gearbag has wheels on it, not because its heavy, its just ready to roll any weekend.
curbebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:19 PM #15
Bigman96
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Blastzone Paintball

Blastzone is a good field with a great staff, they have to woodsball/speedball crossover fields. any questions they are willing to answer anything at anytime.

here is the link: http://blastzonepaintball.com/
Bigman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:15 PM #16
Winggoon
 
 
Winggoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mansfield OH.
Winggoon has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Battlezone is an awesome park in mansfield has a great military field the owner is real nice. The prices are very competitive and the paint is good quality. Check out the website and if you have any questions just let me know.

http://www.battlezonepaintballpark.com

Last edited by Winggoon : 05-03-2014 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Website.
Winggoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:33 PM #17
curbebob
 
 
curbebob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Thanks Bigman and Wing. Just did some research on both of these places and will be adding them to my want to play list.
__________________
My gearbag has wheels on it, not because its heavy, its just ready to roll any weekend.
curbebob is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump