Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-11-2014, 01:34 AM #1
Ender's Game

G5 Upgrades

I know there has been a few threads about "I'm new so what upgrades do I buy for my G5" but I just wanted to start one where people could add upgrades as they find them and where. Please no barrels.
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2014, 06:04 PM #2
tannerblake

tannerblake has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
besides barrels you can buy a trigger..

good grease though i wouldn't count as an upgrade.. I mean right below this thread is another upgrade thread..

there was nothing new added here from you nor me.
tannerblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:30 PM #3
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
There are no upgrades yet that I know of, other than barrels. Although someone may be working on a bolt if you look around in here some
Old 03-01-2014, 12:20 AM #4
InsomniacSinner

The Pressure Measuring Device that is made for the G4 will also fit the G5. Besides letting you check the gun's operating pressure, it works as a tooless back cap, I believe.
InsomniacSinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:19 AM #5
Ender's Game

I do like that idea.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:20 AM #6
Ender's Game

I put a pressure measuring device on my G4 and it leaked a little and didn't tell me the pressure. Maybe I got a bad one. Anyone else have any good luck with them?
Old 03-07-2014, 01:20 AM #7
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
The stem is shorter on the G4 backcaps which will (potentially, I have no measured) keep the bolt dumping air longer and earlier. This is bad for efficiency and noise (potentially)

edit: where did it leak from? At rest the backcap wont cause a leak. If it is leaking down the barrel, it is the stem oring. If it is out the back, it is the backcaps oring near the threads. It could also be coming from the gauge.

the stem being a different length will not effect how the gun seals up when at rest. It will just change the firing point when you actually pull the trigger.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:44 PM #8
Ender's Game

I actually don't remember. I had a Techt L7 bolt that I used. The PMD was an extra thing for fun. Never really used it. I sold it shortly after purchasing the PMD and told the guy I had issues with the PMD but everything else worked. I a going to get another one and try it on my G5. I will let everyone know how it works although it will be at least a month until I get it.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:57 PM #9
geckx7
Ballin' out with blanks

geckx7 supports Team VICIOUS
geckx7 supports Team VICIOUS
geckx7 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
geckx7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender's Game View Post
I actually don't remember. I had a Techt L7 bolt that I used. The PMD was an extra thing for fun. Never really used it. I sold it shortly after purchasing the PMD and told the guy I had issues with the PMD but everything else worked. I a going to get another one and try it on my G5. I will let everyone know how it works although it will be at least a month until I get it.
I have one, it works without issues. Haven't checked over chrono yet.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:24 AM #10
Ender's Game

Sorry I totally forgot to reply to this. Yes like said above it does work.