WP2015 posts videos on PbNation
WP2015 is an NCPA player
WP2015 supports Pev's Paintball
WP2015 supports Empire
WP2015 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisjoshua View Post
... joshua w morris
Wow, with a resume like that coupled with a strong sense of humility and clear mastery of the English language, I'm shocked the NPPL didn't drop everything and follow your advice!

LN Vanquish 1.5 For Sale! CHEAP!
LN D'Fender FS/T
PM me about new D'Fenders too!
WP2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:33 PM #24
Jenious
Alaskan Paintballer

Jenious is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WP2015 View Post
Wow, with a resume like that coupled with a strong sense of humility and clear mastery of the English language, I'm shocked the NPPL didn't drop everything and follow your advice!
Him being the best paintball player on earth ( still ) they probably didn't want to risk him re-entering the arena. Gotta keep the playing field level still... am i right?
Old 08-01-2014, 05:38 PM #25
BIGCAN-RULES
#UNDR #ACPB #HK

Annual Supporting Member
BIGCAN-RULES plays in the APPA D4 division
BIGCAN-RULES supports DLX Technology
I did
I won
I Shot
I Killt
I Destroyed
I am the bestest

Did you have any teamates?
Old 08-01-2014, 05:45 PM #26
Old-Soul

He made some good points...too bad they were burried in better-than-you bravado.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:02 PM #27
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Who is Josh Morris?
John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:26 PM #28
Luke ????
Veteran

Luke ???? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Luke ???? plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Who is Josh Morris?
Probably played against the pros he mentioned in a rec ball game and beat them.

Still thinks he's a better pro apparently.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:30 PM #29
hit_wiper

Quote:
Who is Josh Morris?
From his facebook.

hit_wiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:35 PM #30
Shootingropes
PewPew, Pew, 'Murica

Annual Supporting Member
Shootingropes plays in the PSP
Shootingropes is an NCPA player
Shootingropes supports Empire
Quote:
Who is Josh Morris?
I feel like this guy lived the life of Bobby Dukes or something.

For Sale: Project Geo
Shootingropes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:02 PM #31
Quemiras

Quemiras has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quemiras has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quemiras supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisjoshua View Post
Sad to see the NPPL go since it created the national tournament concept..

I started in the woods and ended in the "inflatable sally bunkers" won a world championship somewhere in there also.. and when I knew Rab .. he still didnt have any hair.. dudes been baled FOREVER

Orlando world cup (any year in the woods): 100+ teams
two divisions. PRO or AM thats.

semi automatic. WAs it the gardeners who really killed paintball? or first infected paintball with what would eventually kill it .. by the way smarts parts DID NOT invent the first electronic paintball gun.. they bought that idea.. vector anyone?

DYE- AKA dave youngblood was a marginal player who wore all black and destroyed the iron men.. (and conversely was not there when the Iron men LOST the first time ever to a amateur TEAM.. yea thats right it was me) but he had the MANUFACTURER idea.. give away very little get free pub and push push push..

Houston heat melts (thanks rab) i pass on image.. possibly the greatest collection of paintball talent ever assembled.. (sorry rab they wanted me before they wanted you)

National Paintball and ED via Avalanche grabbed on to that. Sell more paint , make more money. It was the 2000's and EVERYONE had money.

I was with the naughty dogs in Orlando, first year of the "inflatable sally bunkers" we played the TON TON flinguers .. some french "pro" team. Jimmy destroyed them just sitting in on the 50. Rest in Peace Jimmy.

after that the inflatables were everywhere. They were a cheaper way to build a paintball field.. all you needed was a air compressor and a grassy field. The game lost something.

Open fields , why not ramp up the Balls per min. Kids now days don't want to move forward anyway.. they prefer to break, sit, shoot... Who says the UK preds and the AA's didnt have a lasting legacy!!

SO mid 2000's the games gone to ****. Its a revenue game. Back players carrying 2 cases, we go from 3000 psi to 4500 psi to 4500 psi 115's. suddenly the ONLY way your gun can have a hopper is straight above the body.. like aiming suddenly doesnt count.. now the hopper is directly in the line of sight but who cares.. yello auto trigger..

and for you kids it was actually the Automag RT that tried to ride that first.. pull it fired release it fires.. the First Shockers killed that off.

So now the game is under control of paintball manufacturers... sell more paint.. auto triggers, ramp, boards, ramp.

weak players..

I remember the Iron Kids.. guess who started on that group.. SC village seems to be a breeding ground for hype.

Rodney runs down the middle . against the iron men .... and starts Dysnasty.. dude was with ME when the iron men lost to a amateur team for the first time.. Even though the AA's were reffing the event (he was a AA back then)..

Naughty dogs concept a Board.. rocky was not dumb.. just a poodle (barked allot, did little) raymond could play. SO we begin the ERA of the Techno kids.. my term for less skill faster trigger fingers. Im living in oregon. Paintball is passing me by at 30 something... but I'm still the best player on earth (you did not smoke the last 4 Iron men including bobby with 500 people watching - i did)

Paintball is in a bubble. the game is like the economy - too much money floating around.. A electricians company is sponsoring a paintball team in portalnd (uprising).. Nerve wants to be naughty dogs II right down to their capitan being an Arse...

This is my last hurrah.. I look up dan bonenreak.. a old name of glory from a glory time long past..

WOODSBALL.. lets make one more try. Forest deamons.. we play , we win. Not a lot of teams, but it FEELS like the early days... all we need is some momentum.. but the kids

the dam kids... they want guns that shoot fast, and they NEVER move.. You know back when RAB ran the Heat we actually had a drill, a bunkering drill. We didnt just shoot your head.. we actually stopped , paused, took a deep breath.. and put our barrel on the sod part of your neck between your cap and your oversized shirt..

know why. It hurt .. try to spin and shoot with 3 balls in your neck point blank.. we often had people black out in practice.. EVERYONE feared the Houston Heat (except image.. and richy.. possibly the best player ever.. behind me)

I digress.

paintball is expensive.. but well funded prior to 2008.. Seatlle whomever .. has a astro turf field all full od Inflatable sally bunkers.

Paintball has also made ONE very stupid mistake.. very stupid.. they gave the game to the kids..

if your 20 you can be defined by two things.. your stupid.. and your broke. Prior 2008 masked that 2nd one so the game said lets sell more paint and these kids don't like the bunker drills... so lets up RAMPING..

history LESSON : prior to this.. perhaps the 90's the glory days of paintball.. the teams were run by 30 somethings.. 40 somethings. The gardeners, Bobby, ART with the Palm beach preds.. Aftershock.. these were teams of MEN who understood that they need the kids to break to the 50 but after that they needed the 30 - 40 somethings to keep them alive. How old was Shane PEstana on the Iron men <-- he actually WAS the best player ever.. him and marty.. Funny how DYE was the 4 or 5th best player on the team but blew it up anyway.. I digress

SO paintball is in the hands of overfunded 20 somethings.. Nautghy dogs are some kind of pro team. RAbs gone .. i discover chemistry and the miracles it produces on the weekend..

FAST FORWARD .. its 2014.. I'm 40. in florida.

With the above resume: here is what i submit to the NPPL

Return the game to the woods. THE ESPN trial (i was part of the first one) wont work. The game has always been pushed by teams and the trade shows. Two divisions Pro - AM.. period. Don't cuddle to the cry babies who cant handle loosing make them play the top am teams (THEY WONT HELP YOUR SPORT). Make the sport affordable.. face it PLAYING is the smallest cost , behind time off work, airlines, hotel, massive amounts of beer.

Cap the guns. Almost every paintball team in the 90's was built around the ONE GUY who had talent.. he broke the team went with him and they won got 5th. you push 90 million balls a second even the guy with skills cant carry anyone..

bring back the local tourney series.. I have long had a complaight that the national tourney didnt support the local scenes enough. Run some regional tourneys under the NPPL : regional.

Make the tournament fun. Im 6'4" and in most tournaments later in my naughty dogs days.. i just assumed i was going to have to fight someone. Teams led by 20 somethings are not teams there mobs.. YOU HAVE TO CONTROLL THE PITS BETTER.. did you EVER see BC or AA's looking to fight anyone.. no.

Sitck to the major markets. Hunnington beach.. really??? Dallas, chicago. Vegas is your west coast stop, Pittsburg, wrap up in Orlando.. Why those are all airline hubs.. tickets are cheap..

give up on the Mass Media. your not a TV sport, or a internet sport you are a participation sport. lose the coaches, and the commentators and the live feeds - because that all costs you too much- push that money back into prizes.

YOU CANT MAKE 1 MILLION dollars of paintball. back in the day the reason people got sponsored was because they could PUSH PRODUCT.. the NPPL excised to sell NPPL tea shirts and run a vendor event.

go back to the woods. Inflatable sally bunkers may make things easier for putting on the tournament, but there not fun. Even the 20 somethings who like to close their eyes and shoot don't like them. Woods games last longer, you play longer, you have more fun.

FIN

to those of you who will respond please know i will never log on and read your comments. Im 40 now, i own a marking company in jupiter florida and i play golf.. and I'm still the best paintball player on earth. But YOUR game has changed. Its too focused on who can spend the most, shoot the most. I honestly remember when Marty fish rocked a pump gun in amateur games, and sold rat tail squeegees on the side. when did paintball fall to the scared little boys always looking for a fight (and running).

Paintball has AWLAYS been a distraction for us 35-45 year olds who have money to spend and want top fly to chicago to spend WAY too much money to play the "WINDOW".

bring that back and ill bet your will bring the NPPL back. Until then illl consider my WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP houston heat shirt a collectors item..

joshua w morris
VAPOR VANDETTA
Quemiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:46 PM #32
Bzump

Bzump is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bzump is a Professional paintball player
Bzump donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Who is Josh Morris?
John how can that story be said with out talking about Rage with Todd Chino and that crew.
STR8KILLAS
Bzump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:33 PM #33
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
I feel "Josh Morris" was dictating that to someone, while in a dark room smoking a pack of cigarettes. Like sharing a war story.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // Angel Speed 05 FST // Both with extras!
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:48 PM #34
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Drugs some wild things for ya.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:41 PM #35
cvm973
Supra owner

Quote:
Who is Josh Morris?
An old friend of mine .

-Roy "The skipper" Hernandez
Old 08-01-2014, 10:45 PM #36
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley

Gazz is a Supporting Member
Can confirm, Josh Morris is an old friend of Roy "The Skipper" Hernandez.
Gazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:11 PM #37
A Contract Killer

A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
+1 for Josh Morris.

- Rudy "The Captain" Martinez.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:27 PM #38
1dayteam120

Annual Supporting Member
1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
Just let it die already
2 Cyborg 6s, geo 3.5, luxe oled FS
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post84178345
Interested in selling an entire gearbag and getting cash now? PM ME I have cash
1dayteam120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:17 AM #39
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
I concur Josh and the Skip are old mates .

-Tupac "the first mate" Shakur

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:22 AM #40
Nafets

Comfirmed
Nafets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:35 AM #41
vs3 man ftw

vs3 man ftw has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Lmaooo
vs3 man ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:34 AM #42
Futureballpro2000
It's a lifestyle

Annual Supporting Member
Futureballpro2000 plays in the PSP
Futureballpro2000 is playing at Living Legends V
Futureballpro2000 is playing at Living Legends VII
Futureballpro2000 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Futureballpro2000 supports Team VICIOUS
Futureballpro2000 plays in the APPA D4 division
Lol
Tcp H8 Factory
Futureballpro2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.