Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 02-07-2014, 06:43 PM #1
pball72008

NPPL to Restructure

Quote:
For Immediate Release:
National Professional Paintball League Inc. (NPPL)

HUNTINGTON BEACH, CALIF.- Founded in 1992, the NPPL (National Professional Paintball League) has had the honor of sanctioning some of the largest, successful, paintball events in the world. Many players have speculated as to whether or not the NPPL series will return for the 2014 season. It is confirmed that the NPPL will take time off this season to restructure, reorganize and focus on bringing you yet another prosperous season in 2015. The NPPL will utilize the time off to generate new interest in the league and attain new promoters, sponsors, vendors, and field operators.
HB is still on: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4072749

Last edited by John : 02-07-2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Added links
pball72008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2014, 06:46 PM #2
Nikilwig
Double Up

Nikilwig plays in the PSP
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Yep. Sad news, but maybe this could be good for paintball if something comes of this 2015 or frees up some space on the market.

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Nikilwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:49 PM #3
wonderboyP8NT

wonderboyP8NT owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
wonderboyP8NT has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't understand, is HB on or what?
wonderboyP8NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:04 PM #4
$balla
(>0_0)>

has been a member for 10 years
HB is on!!!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4072749
$balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:09 PM #5
Paper_or_Plastic

Paper_or_Plastic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paper_or_Plastic supports Empire
Why the PSP and NPPL haven't merged yet is confusing. At the same time PSP sells out most of their events so the argument is their for series to exist like the NPPL and APL.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:13 PM #6
DarthAlan
I can help

DarthAlan is a Supporting Member
DarthAlan posts videos on PbNation
DarthAlan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I want in on that restructuring process. I imagine they could use a BK lawyer who loves paintball and knows the market.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:15 PM #7
pball72008

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAlan View Post
I want in on that restructuring process. I imagine they could use a BK lawyer who loves paintball and knows the market.
They did post an email address to contact them with.

Last edited by pball72008 : 02-07-2014 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-07-2014, 11:58 PM #8
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_or_Plastic View Post
Why the PSP and NPPL haven't merged yet is confusing. At the same time PSP sells out most of their events so the argument is their for series to exist like the NPPL and APL.
It's no more confusing than a person who refuses organ donations from terminal cancer patients.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:59 PM #9
Proto_

Proto_ has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Proto_ has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Proto_ supports Empire
Not surprising news to be honest - but hopefully the NPPL uses the time wisely and does come in strong for 2015. Would hate to see them go out like this :/
Proto_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:20 AM #10
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
It's no more confusing than a person who refuses organ donations from terminal cancer patients.
Wait, cancer isn't good for you?

So much for my 6 years of med school at Hamburger University.
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:30 AM #11
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
I don't see how this will help them. Most have accepted PSP as the major league, and with the APL stepping in, many NPPL teams may move over to them. Come 2015, NPPL is only going to be able to bring in A) the weathly teams that can afford 3 leagues, B) the teams who don't like APL, C) new teams to 2015. I don't think that'll be a big pool to draw from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_or_Plastic View Post
Why the PSP and NPPL haven't merged yet is confusing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
Best way to describe it, really.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:34 AM #12
Labelskate

Labelskate is a Supporting Member
might want to make your photobucket private bruh lol
Old 02-08-2014, 12:40 PM #13
DevilDog336
Todd Walker #11

Annual Supporting Member
DevilDog336 is BST Trusted
DevilDog336 is playing at Living Legends VII
DevilDog336 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DevilDog336 supports Team VICIOUS
DevilDog336 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Essentially, the NPPL needs the face of a person with a reliable history. Either that or a large company to sponsor/run it, like GI or Empire.
VYPR GSL
DYNASTY GEO3.1
WARPED ARMY GEO3.1
X-FACTOR GEO3.1
NC Dark Army
Give us a Like!

Warped Sportz
| Planet Eclipse | HK Army
GI Sportz | Paintball Central | MBC Photography
DevilDog336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:30 PM #14
pball72008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labelskate View Post
might want to make your photobucket private bruh lol
I don't see why that really matters. My photobucket was made for pbn and all the pics on it have been uploaded to pbn at one point.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:13 PM #15
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Anybody think this is the first nail in the coffin for NPPL?

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:15 PM #16
WP2015
ACL tears are no bueno

Annual Supporting Member
WP2015 plays in the PSP
WP2015 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
WP2015 posts videos on PbNation
WP2015 is an NCPA player
WP2015 supports Pev's Paintball
WP2015 supports Empire
WP2015 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pipes View Post
Anybody think this is the first nail in the coffin for NPPL?
more like one of a long series of nails

LN Vanquish 1.5 For Sale! CHEAP!
LN D'Fender FS/T
PM me about new D'Fenders too!
WP2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:42 PM #17
Hannibal
Legacy

Hannibal plays in the PSP
Hannibal supports Empire
Sad to hear, this will only hurt them I believe.
Powered By: G.I. Sportz #14

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:47 PM #18
Bambookitty
Slg ballaz 345

Proto SLG Club member #874
Bambookitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:28 PM #19
deadly*
⊙▃⊙

deadly* supports Team VICIOUS
deadly* supports Pev's Paintball
deadly* is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
deadly* is Boss
I wouldnt want the NPPL to die out
Old 02-13-2014, 04:01 PM #20
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

dominantgazelle plays in the APPA D4 division
dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
dominantgazelle supports DLX Technology
I agree. Paintball is already enough of a monopoly
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:28 PM #21
morrisjoshua

Sad to see the NPPL go since it created the national tournament concept..

I started in the woods and ended in the "inflatable sally bunkers" won a world championship somewhere in there also.. and when I knew Rab .. he still didnt have any hair.. dudes been baled FOREVER

Orlando world cup (any year in the woods): 100+ teams
two divisions. PRO or AM thats.

semi automatic. WAs it the gardeners who really killed paintball? or first infected paintball with what would eventually kill it .. by the way smarts parts DID NOT invent the first electronic paintball gun.. they bought that idea.. vector anyone?

DYE- AKA dave youngblood was a marginal player who wore all black and destroyed the iron men.. (and conversely was not there when the Iron men LOST the first time ever to a amateur TEAM.. yea thats right it was me) but he had the MANUFACTURER idea.. give away very little get free pub and push push push..

Houston heat melts (thanks rab) i pass on image.. possibly the greatest collection of paintball talent ever assembled.. (sorry rab they wanted me before they wanted you)

National Paintball and ED via Avalanche grabbed on to that. Sell more paint , make more money. It was the 2000's and EVERYONE had money.

I was with the naughty dogs in Orlando, first year of the "inflatable sally bunkers" we played the TON TON flinguers .. some french "pro" team. Jimmy destroyed them just sitting in on the 50. Rest in Peace Jimmy.

after that the inflatables were everywhere. They were a cheaper way to build a paintball field.. all you needed was a air compressor and a grassy field. The game lost something.

Open fields , why not ramp up the Balls per min. Kids now days don't want to move forward anyway.. they prefer to break, sit, shoot... Who says the UK preds and the AA's didnt have a lasting legacy!!

SO mid 2000's the games gone to ****. Its a revenue game. Back players carrying 2 cases, we go from 3000 psi to 4500 psi to 4500 psi 115's. suddenly the ONLY way your gun can have a hopper is straight above the body.. like aiming suddenly doesnt count.. now the hopper is directly in the line of sight but who cares.. yello auto trigger..

and for you kids it was actually the Automag RT that tried to ride that first.. pull it fired release it fires.. the First Shockers killed that off.

So now the game is under control of paintball manufacturers... sell more paint.. auto triggers, ramp, boards, ramp.

weak players..

I remember the Iron Kids.. guess who started on that group.. SC village seems to be a breeding ground for hype.

Rodney runs down the middle . against the iron men .... and starts Dysnasty.. dude was with ME when the iron men lost to a amateur team for the first time.. Even though the AA's were reffing the event (he was a AA back then)..

Naughty dogs concept a Board.. rocky was not dumb.. just a poodle (barked allot, did little) raymond could play. SO we begin the ERA of the Techno kids.. my term for less skill faster trigger fingers. Im living in oregon. Paintball is passing me by at 30 something... but I'm still the best player on earth (you did not smoke the last 4 Iron men including bobby with 500 people watching - i did)

Paintball is in a bubble. the game is like the economy - too much money floating around.. A electricians company is sponsoring a paintball team in portalnd (uprising).. Nerve wants to be naughty dogs II right down to their capitan being an Arse...

This is my last hurrah.. I look up dan bonenreak.. a old name of glory from a glory time long past..

WOODSBALL.. lets make one more try. Forest deamons.. we play , we win. Not a lot of teams, but it FEELS like the early days... all we need is some momentum.. but the kids

the dam kids... they want guns that shoot fast, and they NEVER move.. You know back when RAB ran the Heat we actually had a drill, a bunkering drill. We didnt just shoot your head.. we actually stopped , paused, took a deep breath.. and put our barrel on the sod part of your neck between your cap and your oversized shirt..

know why. It hurt .. try to spin and shoot with 3 balls in your neck point blank.. we often had people black out in practice.. EVERYONE feared the Houston Heat (except image.. and richy.. possibly the best player ever.. behind me)

I digress.

paintball is expensive.. but well funded prior to 2008.. Seatlle whomever .. has a astro turf field all full od Inflatable sally bunkers.

Paintball has also made ONE very stupid mistake.. very stupid.. they gave the game to the kids..

if your 20 you can be defined by two things.. your stupid.. and your broke. Prior 2008 masked that 2nd one so the game said lets sell more paint and these kids don't like the bunker drills... so lets up RAMPING..

history LESSON : prior to this.. perhaps the 90's the glory days of paintball.. the teams were run by 30 somethings.. 40 somethings. The gardeners, Bobby, ART with the Palm beach preds.. Aftershock.. these were teams of MEN who understood that they need the kids to break to the 50 but after that they needed the 30 - 40 somethings to keep them alive. How old was Shane PEstana on the Iron men <-- he actually WAS the best player ever.. him and marty.. Funny how DYE was the 4 or 5th best player on the team but blew it up anyway.. I digress

SO paintball is in the hands of overfunded 20 somethings.. Nautghy dogs are some kind of pro team. RAbs gone .. i discover chemistry and the miracles it produces on the weekend..

FAST FORWARD .. its 2014.. I'm 40. in florida.

With the above resume: here is what i submit to the NPPL

Return the game to the woods. THE ESPN trial (i was part of the first one) wont work. The game has always been pushed by teams and the trade shows. Two divisions Pro - AM.. period. Don't cuddle to the cry babies who cant handle loosing make them play the top am teams (THEY WONT HELP YOUR SPORT). Make the sport affordable.. face it PLAYING is the smallest cost , behind time off work, airlines, hotel, massive amounts of beer.

Cap the guns. Almost every paintball team in the 90's was built around the ONE GUY who had talent.. he broke the team went with him and they won got 5th. you push 90 million balls a second even the guy with skills cant carry anyone..

bring back the local tourney series.. I have long had a complaight that the national tourney didnt support the local scenes enough. Run some regional tourneys under the NPPL : regional.

Make the tournament fun. Im 6'4" and in most tournaments later in my naughty dogs days.. i just assumed i was going to have to fight someone. Teams led by 20 somethings are not teams there mobs.. YOU HAVE TO CONTROLL THE PITS BETTER.. did you EVER see BC or AA's looking to fight anyone.. no.

Sitck to the major markets. Hunnington beach.. really??? Dallas, chicago. Vegas is your west coast stop, Pittsburg, wrap up in Orlando.. Why those are all airline hubs.. tickets are cheap..

give up on the Mass Media. your not a TV sport, or a internet sport you are a participation sport. lose the coaches, and the commentators and the live feeds - because that all costs you too much- push that money back into prizes.

YOU CANT MAKE 1 MILLION dollars of paintball. back in the day the reason people got sponsored was because they could PUSH PRODUCT.. the NPPL excised to sell NPPL tea shirts and run a vendor event.

go back to the woods. Inflatable sally bunkers may make things easier for putting on the tournament, but there not fun. Even the 20 somethings who like to close their eyes and shoot don't like them. Woods games last longer, you play longer, you have more fun.

FIN

to those of you who will respond please know i will never log on and read your comments. Im 40 now, i own a marking company in jupiter florida and i play golf.. and I'm still the best paintball player on earth. But YOUR game has changed. Its too focused on who can spend the most, shoot the most. I honestly remember when Marty fish rocked a pump gun in amateur games, and sold rat tail squeegees on the side. when did paintball fall to the scared little boys always looking for a fight (and running).

Paintball has AWLAYS been a distraction for us 35-45 year olds who have money to spend and want top fly to chicago to spend WAY too much money to play the "WINDOW".

bring that back and ill bet your will bring the NPPL back. Until then illl consider my WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP houston heat shirt a collectors item..

joshua w morris
morrisjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.