Community Focus

Old 03-28-2014, 07:52 AM #22
TheFinest
The Man

TheFinest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheFinest has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheFinest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
TheFinest supports Empire
I'm in the same boat, I havent picked up a gun since 08-09 and in fact i still have that same gun (08 ego). But the economy took a hit on people and the prices are expensive, I'm going for my first time in about 5-6 years this saturday. You really need to have a stable income for this sport. Possibly the most expensive sport.
TheFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2014, 09:58 AM #23
BDRMDJ
Sucker For a Sexy Flex

Annual Supporting Member
BDRMDJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I'm curious, you talk about the money waste. Would you have spent that money on anything more valuable? Honestly think, it's not like you would have invested in stocks or even put it in the bank. Paintball for me was a HUGE drain on money, but it was also the one thing in the world that was mine. Going to a small school in Kansas no one (in my school) played anything but woods ball and if you mentioned Proto or Planet Eclipse they looked at you like you were speaking in tongues. I started playing with a tippman, found pbnation and bought a pm5. I remember going to a Dynasty Clinic at my local fields, Yosh Rau and Ryan Greenspan tought it. To interact with pro's in the sport meant the world to me and was the most amazing opportunity. What other sport can you have some of the best players come and spend a weekend playing and teaching you and a group of 10-15 other people. I even bunkered Ryan during a scrimmage!! That was the same for me as if one of the Basketball jocks dunking on Lebron James (or some other pro Basketball player). I'm getting away from my point, in the end all we're left with are memories. If you go to the bar with you buddy's or get cheesed at home (I've done both quite a bit) you waste a lot of money for some fuzzy memories. Paintball was a chance for an unsure of himself youngin to talk on an even playing field with people much older than me. It showed me that it didn't matter if they had nicer gear (although I do love nice gear). I could still get them out and then laugh and make a friend as I apologized for the addrenaline fueled (not maliciously meant) bonus ball. I've been out of the sport for 2-4 years and still every other month during that time, I would sneak onto nation just for that feeling of community. I stopped playing to focus on "getting a life", trying for a girl, to make friends, to have money to spend at bars. Yet now that I'm on my own and away from school, those friends are gone, the memories aren't as sweet, but my time on that field remained the best times of my life.

Last edited by BDRMDJ : 03-28-2014 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Typed on my iPad, apple auto correct is a pain at times.
BDRMDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:01 PM #24
Attig11 (Banned)
ROCK THE RED

Annual Supporting Member
Attig11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Attig11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Attig11 supports Pev's Paintball
Attig11 supports Empire
Played PSP DIV II for about two years. I was 17 years old, and every paycheck went to paint, gas, and food. Now I am in college, and wow, LOL at the thought of affording to play. I graduate in May however, I will be an RN so I will be making some coin. I sold everything before college except my JT watermelon flex... one of a kind. I plan on getting back into the tournament style speedball. Probably won't find myself on a team, considering all I played was snake and I am quickly feeling older now that I am significantly less active; my *** would be ripped off every break every time if I played snake again lol. For you guys that can't afford it, just ref at the fields or coach. If you were as passionate about it as me, I did anything I could to be a part of the scene.
Attig11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:47 AM #25
mrchuck234
Return of the King

mrchuck234 plays in the PSP
Paintball's biggest downfall was its marketability. I think a lot of the top manufacturers and leagues tried too hard to make it bigger than it was, and the quality went downhill.
mrchuck234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:48 PM #26
Derekmerlin

Derekmerlin owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attig11 View Post
Played PSP DIV II for about two years. I was 17 years old, and every paycheck went to paint, gas, and food. Now I am in college, and wow, LOL at the thought of affording to play. I graduate in May however, I will be an RN so I will be making some coin. I sold everything before college except my JT watermelon flex... one of a kind. I plan on getting back into the tournament style speedball. Probably won't find myself on a team, considering all I played was snake and I am quickly feeling older now that I am significantly less active; my *** would be ripped off every break every time if I played snake again lol. For you guys that can't afford it, just ref at the fields or coach. If you were as passionate about it as me, I did anything I could to be a part of the scene.
Dude. There are folks hitting 40 and playing snake over in my country, still fast but then again he's Asian.
Derekmerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:52 PM #27
Spike9563

Spike9563 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Spike9563 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I got back into paintball last year, purchased my son and I Planet Eclipse Ethas and we go every other weekend. I know paint is expensive ($60.00 a case) but I don't care, I would spend more at the bar and the bar is boring when compared to playing paintball.
Spike9563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:44 PM #28
KnightsPaintball
Paul Watkins Photography

KnightsPaintball supports Pev's Paintball
KnightsPaintball has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KnightsPaintball has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I very recently quit actually, decided to get into real shooting haha. I played about eight years and I don't want to know what I spent but it's a lot. I just bought a nice .308 rifle for less than my primary paintball gun cost me....
KnightsPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:54 PM #29
Bitterman1265

Paintball here in Dallas is still pretty strong. My son and I go every weekend. We have a blast. But I'm thinking about a pump. About 90% of the paint I throw is wasted anyway. Hopefully I'll save money and be a better player.
Bitterman1265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:02 AM #30
duckhunter1127
B-Stow

duckhunter1127 plays in the APPA D5 division
yup
duckhunter1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:51 PM #31
Bassmaster1989

I've been out for just about 4 years. With the stress I'm getting from work, it was time to get back into something that I can blow some steam on. So last week I dropped a few hundred bucks on a NXT, rotor, and a tank. Hopefully to can alleviate some stress, and get back into the sport that I was so passionate about when I was in high school.

Going our for the first time in 4 years next week. Hopefully I don't get obliterated every game.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:21 AM #32
AlienBoy

I have my jersey and pod pack and nxt shocker but no hopper.

I've thought about going, since I just lost 260 in Vegas in about 2 minutes of gambling.

I work a minimum wage job and I am 23 years old, I can't really be blowing money on paintball time to grow up and get a career then I might go out and play once a month. Living paycheck to paycheck is horrid.
AlienBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:23 AM #33
mclovin69
MERICA

mclovin69 is playing at Living Legends VI
mclovin69 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mclovin69 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mclovin69 supports Team VICIOUS
mclovin69 supports Team VICIOUS
mclovin69 is Legendary
wow.. this thread is depressing lol.. where are peoples good memories of pb?
SPG
STL BLUES
mclovin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:53 PM #34
MAN OF BLOOD
Trauma Fan

MAN OF BLOOD supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienBoy View Post
...Living paycheck to paycheck is horrid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclovin69 View Post
wow.. this thread is depressing lol.. where are peoples good memories of pb?
LMAO
MAN OF BLOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:59 PM #35
wreachavok

wreachavok owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Somebody tell my why paint prices have not changed in 15 years
wreachavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:19 PM #36
bigjohn141

bigjohn141 is playing at Living Legends VII
bigjohn141 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bigjohn141 posts videos on PbNation
bigjohn141 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I got out of paintball for a while due to the closest field being 2 hours away. Long range tactical shooting filled the void for a while but it was WAY expensive. I had $7k in a rifle and scope along with another $3k in gear plus it was $1.50 every time I pulled the trigger. Between taking off work, entry fee, and ammo, a match usually ended up costing almost $1000. The good part is someone is opening a indoor field 30 minutes away so it looks like I am back to paintball.

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."
bigjohn141 is offline   Reply With Quote