PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-24-2014, 10:52 PM #1
jajjay41338
They call me Rambo

jajjay41338 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Whats the best mag-fed gun for the price?

I know of Milsig, and i know thwy make great guns but they seem to be a bit pricey. Anything else?
jajjay41338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2014, 11:38 PM #2
The_Exterminator_03

The spyder MR5 that has a dual loading system (Which means it is hopper or mag fed just by turning the barrel.) is only $200.
After buying mags and an hpa tank you'll be up to around $350.

When you said Milsig is too expensive, it really isn't. For The Milsig MK3 CQB Pro Pro Player Pack, you get the marker, 5 magazines, an hpa tank, and the MATS stock. This is a phenomenal deal and I would buy it if I were you. For $468 it is a steal.

So would you rather have a crappy spyder, or a Milsig, the absolute best paintball company there is for $100 more?

Also, with the Milsig, the tank is hidden in the stock, so there is no need for a remote line. This is probably one of the best deals in paintball hands down.
The_Exterminator_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:50 PM #3
SharptheJack
Hit more when out.

SharptheJack has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
There's the Tippmann TiPX, which is a great marker, but it's just a pistol. It's what I play with, and I love it, but pistol's not for everyone. You can turn it into a rifle with the FXR kit, but that's pricey as well.

The Tiberius 9.1 series is pretty cheap, but I've never got my hands on one, so I can't give you any quality reviews on it. I've messed around with a T8.1 and the grip is huge, so unless you've got big hands, you should probably stay away from them.

A friend of mine just got a Tacamo Phenom for $300 which is a great, solid marker except for one major flaw; the Dmags are terrible. They're cheap, flimsy, and don't seat well.

One series that I haven't heard any complaints about is the Kingman mag-fed. The hammer 7 is around $130, and it's first strike compatible. It's the cheapest mag fed you'll find in the .68 caliber market.

If first strike isn't important to you, though, I'd say just go ahead and spring for the CQB pack through Milsig. It's everything you'll need to get started, and their products are very high quality.
SharptheJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:04 AM #4
sambob117
aka Salmon

sambob117 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 supports Empire
It all depends on what you want it to do, try magfed on the cheap or get a good magfed marker that can shoot first strikes?

Imo the best for the price... almost anything used But seriously, a used package can save you sometimes hundreds versus new, especially if you buy an older gen item.

If you desire new and modular on the cheap I'd go with a tacamo mkv or mk5 setup with dmags. Yea the milsig mk3 is great, if you have 500 to spend, but a basic mkv can be had for around 200 and 10 dmags and magwell for 80. This leaves a lot of room for customization and vest.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:41 PM #5
sambob117
aka Salmon

I'm also gonna throw out this deal off amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Kingman-Spyder...rds=spyder+mrx
Spyder mrx with 2 barrels and 4 magazines for $230... not bad deal at all for very solid mag fed platform
Old 02-01-2014, 09:05 AM #6
SharptheJack
Hit more when out.

SharptheJack has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Here's an update: Milsig's M17. $300 for one of the best air systems in mag-fed, plus the marker is first strike compatible out of the box. Also, the magazine capacity is 18 vs. 10 for the Spyder line. It's not the cheapest, but it's the best deal.
SharptheJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:51 PM #7
sambob117
aka Salmon

Milsig CQC looks to be the best bang for the buck, $460 (before tax) will get you the marker+5 mags total+13/3000 tank
Old 02-02-2014, 12:19 AM #8
turbo_tc
WV R34P3R 304

turbo_tc is playing at Living Legends VII
turbo_tc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
turbo_tc supports Empire
Dye DAM although the $1,300 price tag is a big deal. You can't out do the DAM. It literally is the best magfed marker out right now.
Magfed Set-up
TiPX
Blood Clots, Sweat Dries, Bones Heal... Suck it up Princess
turbo_tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:59 AM #9
xXNetCodeXx

There is Also the Scarab Arms TGR2 MK2 or the TGR1 MK2 (limited quantity I think only 1000 were made) depending on how many mags you want. you can get one for as low as 300? I think.
xXNetCodeXx is offline   Reply With Quote