Community Focus

Old 06-07-2014, 06:26 PM #736
RyanR (Banned)
accuracy by volume

has been a member for 10 years
RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by a43 View Post
If I were to get my boards taken care of, what would I put in the box? just the board? or the whole marker?
I shipped just the board inside an electric shock resistant bag (left over from a pc build) just to be safe. You could also include a note with whatever your shipping explaining what you need.
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2014, 07:01 PM #737
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
OKay, I'm stumped ... the Victus shot very well today using the Victory settings, the only two settings I changed from the "Bad" factory default were setting it to Semi-auto capped at 10.5 like I do with every marker and lowered the Dwell from 12 to 10.5. It did shoot really, really well.
INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers

Trade/Sale Threads:
None Currently
Big Papa Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:52 PM #738
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Empire
Added a white Exalt reg grip to my Insight, feels nice and looks good.

smokefools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:59 PM #739
RAPER
Matrix Dr

Annual Supporting Member
RAPER is playing at Living Legends VI
RAPER owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RAPER owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
RAPER plays in the APPA D5 division
i plan on getting all the updated done to my insight @ chicago open.. I just hope its a quick turn around on sunday when I'm up there watching games
RAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:56 PM #740
Kahanamoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
OKay, I'm stumped ... the Victus shot very well today using the Victory settings, the only two settings I changed from the "Bad" factory default were setting it to Semi-auto capped at 10.5 like I do with every marker and lowered the Dwell from 12 to 10.5. It did shoot really, really well.
So how are you stumped? over this side of the globe, being stumped means you are struggling to figure out some sort of problem, but you have not given a problem?

side note... took my Victus out for its christening yesterday... O....M....G....!!! I think I need to arrange a divorce from my prior Primary and wed this new baby!
Old 06-07-2014, 10:35 PM #741
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahanamoku View Post
So how are you stumped? over this side of the globe, being stumped means you are struggling to figure out some sort of problem, but you have not given a problem?

side note... took my Victus out for its christening yesterday... O....M....G....!!! I think I need to arrange a divorce from my prior Primary and wed this new baby!
I just confirmed that the two Insights I have can not maintain a constant stream of paint using the same settings that the Victus is shooting fine with. See the first post ... The two insights and the one that DesertWarrior picked up seems to have issues with those factory default settings. The markers will not pick up every trigger pull ... The Victus on the other hand ... does. Weird. I'll have to tear the Victus and an Insight apart tomorrow and see if I find any differences other then the trigger. The Insights made it seem that it was a board settings issue, but I'm second guessing that now.
I have a second Victus coming that I will have custom anodized. I'll see how that one reacts to the factory default settings.
INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP

Trade/Sale Threads:
None Currently
Old 06-07-2014, 10:56 PM #742
DesertWarrior

DesertWarrior owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
I just confirmed that the two Insights I have can not maintain a constant stream of paint using the same settings that the Victus is shooting fine with. See the first post ... The two insights and the one that DesertWarrior picked up seems to have issues with those factory default settings. The markers will not pick up every trigger pull ... The Victus on the other hand ... does. Weird. I'll have to tear the Victus and an Insight apart tomorrow and see if I find any differences other then the trigger. The Insights made it seem that it was a board settings issue, but I'm second guessing that now.
I have a second Victus coming that I will have custom anodized. I'll see how that one reacts to the factory default settings.
Did you ever try mine or any of those without the spring? I'm curious if it might be spring interference or binding or something like that as these triggers have a lot of side to side and I wonder if it was letting it bind up on the switch. I still haven't been able to shoot your old gun and wont still as hustle never got me my slp tank in this last week.
DesertWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:15 PM #743
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Yes, my first Insight, the Multicam Insight does not have a spring. Yours and the BCA Insight both are using springs. So I tried one with a spring and one without a spring. We'll see what I find tomorrow.
Yeah you will need a LP tank ... I have used both SLPs and a 450 PSI output pro with excellent results.

Here is a pic of the Insight engine(top) and Victus Engine (bottom) side by side. They are identical from what I'm seeing.
INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP

Trade/Sale Threads:
None Currently
Old 06-08-2014, 12:23 AM #744
BMJoker

BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
BMJoker has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BMJoker has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Monket Poo, and Insight venting is one of the coolest things ever. At the chrono station today someone asked if anyone was shooting scented paint.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:54 AM #745
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

Quote:
Yes, my first Insight, the Multicam Insight does not have a spring. Yours and the BCA Insight both are using springs. So I tried one with a spring and one without a spring. We'll see what I find tomorrow.
Yeah you will need a LP tank ... I have used both SLPs and a 450 PSI output pro with excellent results.

Here is a pic of the Insight engine(top) and Victus Engine (bottom) side by side. They are identical from what I'm seeing.
Sounds like it's coming down to the trigger. I am running the same settings you posted not the stock Vic settings and mine is fine. I might try resetting it back to factory and see how it is.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:54 PM #746
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Intern1 supports Empire
Have you tried changing the settings for one of your insights to the same settings as you victus? Maybe it's just a dwell issue? Also, just for curiosity sake have you put your pressure tester in you victus to see the pressure compared to your insights?
Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:47 PM #747
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokefools66 View Post
Sounds like it's coming down to the trigger. I am running the same settings you posted not the stock Vic settings and mine is fine. I might try resetting it back to factory and see how it is.
Do it. It would be interesting to see what you find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intern1 View Post
Have you tried changing the settings for one of your insights to the same settings as you victus? Maybe it's just a dwell issue? Also, just for curiosity sake have you put your pressure tester in you victus to see the pressure compared to your insights?
The Dwell of all my Insights/Victi is 10.5. Yes, I changed the settings of the Insights to use the Debounce to 02ms, Mech Debounce to 03 and bolt delay to 15ms in the Insights and the marker will not pick up every trigger pull. All other settings between the Victus and Insights are identical.
I have looked at the eyes, and they are identical ... I even swapped them between the Victus and Insight and got the same behavior from each; so it is not an eye issue. I'm going to try swapping the trigger next between the two platforms.
INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP

Trade/Sale Threads:
None Currently
Old 06-08-2014, 07:52 PM #748
Jmacwaft

Where is every body getting the blade trigger from?
Jmacwaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:33 PM #749
juggernaught_lives
Mowing Fools Since 1987

juggernaught_lives plays in the PSP
juggernaught_lives is for the Gunfight
Quote:

The Dwell of all my Insights/Victi is 10.5. Yes, I changed the settings of the Insights to use the Debounce to 02ms, Mech Debounce to 03 and bolt delay to 15ms in the Insights and the marker will not pick up every trigger pull. All other settings between the Victus and Insights are identical.
I have looked at the eyes, and they are identical ... I even swapped them between the Victus and Insight and got the same behavior from each; so it is not an eye issue. I'm going to try swapping the trigger next between the two platforms.
Just Swap the Handles/Frames they are the same cut. Probably easier than swapping triggers
Dye i4 LENSES and MASK BAGS F/S/T
Disruptive Custom Anodized Full Barrel Kit with 15" Carbon Fiber Tip and Barrel Case
juggernaught_lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:19 AM #750
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

Quote:

I've been running my Insight at the stock dwell of 12, but I don't even have quite a case through it. Working weekends makes it difficult to play..

Old 06-09-2014, 11:19 AM #751
BMJoker

BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
BMJoker has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BMJoker has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm so happy with my Insight that i decided it needed a companion. So Victus incoming.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:21 AM #752
RAPER
Matrix Dr

Annual Supporting Member
RAPER is playing at Living Legends VI
RAPER owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RAPER owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
RAPER plays in the APPA D5 division
I have put probally close to 10 cases through my insight and I haven't touched dwell from the stock setting yet.
RAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:47 AM #753
Evil Rocky

Annual Supporting Member
Evil Rocky is playing at Living Legends V
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Evil Rocky owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I used dwell of 8,10 and 12 through out my use of it and after like 2-2 1/2 cases I notice some times the paint would not reach as far as the previous ball. I had no consistency problems with dwell of 8, but my paint would drop every couple of pods and after sat a little bit it shot perfect again.

I left my dwell at 12 and I felt I would rather have reliability then shooting an extra pod. I was already getting 12 pods and a hopper on 4k psi on a 68ci tank. Dont think anyone needs more then that LOL

IOG http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4067259

UL BARREL KIT .680,.684,.688 CF TIP FS http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post85556761
Evil Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:48 PM #754
JL1988

JL1988 plays in the APPA D5 division
Played yesterday. In one game was having some weird dropoff issues...Pulled my bolt out mid-game and tightened my can. Seemed to help a little. Took it apart and relubed it after that game and shot better. Went and played a few walkon games after, so changed from PSP 3-shot to Semi...to be honest, I can't stand my Insight on Semi It just doesn't seem to keep up for some reason (and I have my settings to what Big Papa suggests).

EDIT: I am starting to see decent efficiency now, I got I think it was 5 pods off of 1500 PSI.
JL1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:21 PM #755
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Intern1 supports Empire
What don't you like about semi?
Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:04 PM #756
Jmacwaft

Has any body done the magent mod? Dose it help with runaway? Whats your overall review on it with what trigger you used?
Jmacwaft is offline   Reply With Quote