HATE Squad 2012, 2013, 2014
Atmosfearballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2014, 07:56 PM #212
LarryCFOA
da man

Hiya fellas!

Before I get too deep into the whole concept of The Carolina Cup and all things concerning the Carolina Cup, I just wanted to say Thank You for the great interest and response here and on the CC Facebook page. I truly appreciate the fact that you guys have embraced the concept and are chomping at the bit to get all of the info. Second, I gotta publicly say Thank You to Charles Cleveland for his tireless efforts in helping make this happen. Without you Charles, I'm still spinning my wheels here with a cool idea, but needing a huge push to bring it to life! Thanks for everything! You da man!

The Carolina Cup is the answer to a question that came up about ten years ago, about how to simplify tournament paintball and get back to running a tournament rather than these multi-tiered events that tournaments have become. I believe that most of us who have been around long enough to remember the good ol' days, can agree that to move paintball back a few years would be a step in the right direction. If you have fond memories of my former league, then I know we're building something here that you're going to love. We're literally getting the band back together. It's already been announced that Scuba Steve is back. He'll have plenty of company. You're going to see A LOT of very familiar faces in the judges and event staff come April 6th!

With all that said and done, there's still a ton of info to be released. The Carolina Cup website is forth-coming. Found a couple glitches in it last night that made me go in new directions for solutions to those issues. It's my hope that the website will be ready to go by the first of next week. Just keep in mind that it's all a work in progress.

Tonight we'll get into the way team rosters are composed and how the team points cap will work. So if there are questions, concerns or thoughts, feel free to post them up here so everyone can learn, or PM me, or email me.

L

PS Thanks again for believin'!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:04 PM #213
Atmosfearballer
Teetering on Retirement

has been a member for 10 years
Atmosfearballer plays in the PSP
Atmosfearballer donated to help Peyton Trent
Atmosfearballer plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryCFOA View Post
Hiya fellas!

Before I get too deep into the whole concept of The Carolina Cup and all things concerning the Carolina Cup, I just wanted to say Thank You for the great interest and response here and on the CC Facebook page. I truly appreciate the fact that you guys have embraced the concept and are chomping at the bit to get all of the info. Second, I gotta publicly say Thank You to Charles Cleveland for his tireless efforts in helping make this happen. Without you Charles, I'm still spinning my wheels here with a cool idea, but needing a huge push to bring it to life! Thanks for everything! You da man!

The Carolina Cup is the answer to a question that came up about ten years ago, about how to simplify tournament paintball and get back to running a tournament rather than these multi-tiered events that tournaments have become. I believe that most of us who have been around long enough to remember the good ol' days, can agree that to move paintball back a few years would be a step in the right direction. If you have fond memories of my former league, then I know we're building something here that you're going to love. We're literally getting the band back together. It's already been announced that Scuba Steve is back. He'll have plenty of company. You're going to see A LOT of very familiar faces in the judges and event staff come April 6th!

With all that said and done, there's still a ton of info to be released. The Carolina Cup website is forth-coming. Found a couple glitches in it last night that made me go in new directions for solutions to those issues. It's my hope that the website will be ready to go by the first of next week. Just keep in mind that it's all a work in progress.

Tonight we'll get into the way team rosters are composed and how the team points cap will work. So if there are questions, concerns or thoughts, feel free to post them up here so everyone can learn, or PM me, or email me.

L

Da Man has Spoken!!!!!!

Old 02-06-2014, 02:43 AM #214
GLORY ROAD PAINTBALL
GLORY ROAD PAINTBALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by +CrOsS.CoSa+ View Post
Will the Carolina Cup be bringing bunkers to Glory Road? Or will they be using the bunkers they already have there? Will they be putting up a second field? I don't think one field will do the job with all the positive feedback you guys are getting. Great job by the way, giving the players what they want.

Hopefully the way the "point system or Team Cap" works I'll get to play an event or two.
...sorry for the delay...the 2014 supair psp field is here, just lookin' for a break in the weather to install the turf on the second field prior to the first event. GRP will provide Carolina Cup with a supair psp field for every event. Should have both fields turfed and under psp fields by the end of summer. Both fields can be used now but would like to have at least 1 turfed before event #1 of the 2014 season

Last edited by GLORY ROAD PAINTBALL : 02-06-2014 at 02:46 AM.
GLORY ROAD PAINTBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:30 AM #215
Atmosfearballer
Teetering on Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLORY ROAD PAINTBALL View Post
...sorry for the delay...the 2014 supair psp field is here, just lookin' for a break in the weather to install the turf on the second field prior to the first event. GRP will provide Carolina Cup with a supair psp field for every event. Should have both fields turfed and under psp fields by the end of summer. Both fields can be used now but would like to have at least 1 turfed before event #1 of the 2014 season
Astroturf is my favorite playing surface!

Can't wait.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:13 AM #216
aha2988

aha2988 plays in the APPA D5 division
aha2988 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLORY ROAD PAINTBALL View Post
I've been waiting for this all winter! This season is going to be awesome!!
aha2988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:13 PM #217
Atmosfearballer
Teetering on Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by aha2988 View Post
I've been waiting for this all winter! This season is going to be awesome!!
It is definitely going to be awesome.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:54 PM #218
PrivateParts

Quote:
Hiya fellas!

L

Hello Larry

Looking forward to April and doing a little catch up with you.

See you then
Old 02-06-2014, 09:41 PM #219
Borg_

Charles, when you going to make us an awesome Carolina Cup forum on PbN?!
Old 02-06-2014, 10:15 PM #220
golddiggersbeast
Ball Til I Fall

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Hiya fellas!

L

welcome back big dawg! you've been missed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg_ View Post
this!!!!
golddiggersbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:17 PM #221
Blood Elite

Annual Supporting Member
And get it on APPA so we can track progress for years to come!
Blood Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:49 AM #222
Atmosfearballer
Teetering on Retirement

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by golddiggersbeast View Post
this!!!!
If it were that easy, it would already be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Elite View Post
And get it on APPA so we can track progress for years to come!
Carolina Cup will not be an APPA series, at least not for the foreseeable future.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:12 AM #223
BIGN
Crazy Clown Mod

Annual Supporting Member
BIGN is a Supporting Member
BIGN is BST Trusted
BIGN plays in the APPA D4 division
BIGN has achieved Level 7 in PbNation Pursuit
BIGN is Immortal
Quote:
BIGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:17 AM #224
usedpaintballstuff

usedpaintballstuff plays in the PSP
usedpaintballstuff plays in the APPA D3 division
usedpaintballstuff has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
usedpaintballstuff has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Please consider cooking hot food at the events...

Just a thought
2009 Regional 3-Man Champs
2008 World Cup Champs
usedpaintballstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:36 PM #225
LarryCFOA
da man

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedpaintballstuff View Post
Please consider cooking hot food at the events...

Just a thought
If you're playing, we can make it happen Chris! Whatcha want?

L
Old 02-08-2014, 03:09 PM #226
Hannibal
Legacy

Hannibal plays in the PSP
Hannibal supports Empire
the Chicken!