Originally Posted by ScottyBeans
It's only January and winter is already killing me! Tough to get out and play outdoor ball when its freezing cold and/or rainy all the time.
So I'm thinking I might grab the boston paintball "Black Card" for $299 and play a little indoor at Chelsea after work every once in a while. Then when it starts to warm up, start going to Maynard on weekends for some outdoor PB. Looks like the pass covers admission and all day air.
I have a couple questions, though. Hopefully some of you can help me out.
1) What are the paint prices like? At PNL down in Bridgewater I can get Valken Infinity for $40/case, and Redemption for a little bit more. I consider those pretty good prices. On the Boston Paintball website under "self equipped rates", it shows an additional case of paint is $70. Is that the only option? Seems pretty steep in comparison.
2)What is the crowd like on weekday nights at the Chelsea location? How about on weekends? I'm a recball player and probably wouldn't have too much fun if it's only tourney guys in there all the time. I like a challenge, sure, but I don't shoot 12.5 PSP either. At the same time, if there's no one there, it won't be very much fun.
3) Is it worth it to bring a pump there (Chelsea)? Do they ever have pump only games? I like to play pump every so often. Not a deal breaker if they don't.
4) Finally, can someone comment on the overall value of the season pass? Seems like a solid bet if you go 12-15 times per year or so.
Thanks in advance
1) Paint price sounds about right at $70/case. This is due to the indoor field being a field paint only facility, which is Empire Evil paint. PNL of course would have the better paint rates, since they usually offer 3-4 different brands of paint at different prices.
2) Crowd is pretty good on Wednesdays nights, and Friday nights. If your on facebook I recommend looking up the "BP drill nights" group, that way you can get a feel for people going on weekday nights.
3) Nothing wrong with brining a pump gun, I believe a few guys ran a couple pump only games the other day. Not a pump player, so better answered by T2 or someone else.
4) Can't comment on the season pass, never even looked into it.